4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

1 25.00%
  • Cardinals

3 75.00%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    we are the laughing stock of the NFL right now. Our coach has been LOST the last few games, absolutely terrible in game management. When mr Sunshine Jon Gruen is saying in the 2nd quarter this team needs to pull Fitz, we need a jump start etc you know its bad. The fact that Bowles waited until when he did was as embarrassing as punting on 4th down 3 times in the 4th quarter last week down big.

And somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what the advantage of naming Fitz the starter for next week immediately after the game!!!!???? Why? Why not at least ****ing think about it - let this team know you are not happy with the QB play and that if you don't do your job someone else will? Tom Brady, Drew Brees these are guys who get passes for a bad play or a bad game (not that they have ever had a game like Fitz has 100 of) but Fitz should not in any way get the benefit of the doubt from this team.

This is the most frustrated I have EVER been in 35 years as a Jets fan - and trust me they have been a miserable 35 years for the most part. I have never hated a single Jets player as much as I hate Fitz - this team does nothing for me really. I don't see any passion from anyone TBH. If I had even 1% faith we could draft a franchise QB I would be fine with losing but I don't.
    He had to name him the starter. He can't just drop that bomb on the press and the team without meeting with everyone. I am hopeful that during the week, he has some BS, "we met as a staff and decided it was time to give Geno a shot".

Yeah the level of excitement and drive is nonexistent. This team looks shell shocked, lost and defeated. The team isn't a great team by any means but the lack of continuity is deplorable. If they came out and were running around and missing plays but playing full speed, it would at least be fun to watch but these guys are playing scared and tight.

Bowles needs to do some serious self reflection and see what he needs to change. The team was like this last year. They start slow, they take too much time for no reason. I remember games where I lost my mind at how lackadaisical they were. His calm is a great thing for a coach but there needs to be an urgency from the first play and there isn't. I get the feeling he wants to just keep the games in reach but never takes the chance to go for the kill early.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He had to name him the starter. He can't just drop that bomb on the press and the team without meeting with everyone. I am hopeful that during the week, he has some BS, "we met as a staff and decided it was time to give Geno a shot".

Yeah the level of excitement and drive is nonexistent. This team looks shell shocked, lost and defeated. The team isn't a great team by any means but the lack of continuity is deplorable. If they came out and were running around and missing plays but playing full speed, it would at least be fun to watch but these guys are playing scared and tight.

Bowles needs to do some serious self reflection and see what he needs to change. The team was like this last year. They start slow, they take too much time for no reason. I remember games where I lost my mind at how lackadaisical they were. His calm is a great thing for a coach but there needs to be an urgency from the first play and there isn't. I get the feeling he wants to just keep the games in reach but never takes the chance to go for the kill early.
    Im not saying he should have named Geno the starter I am just saying he should have said exactly "well we need to get better, the coaches, Mike, and I will meet this week and make that decision together". Now he has backed himself in to a corner by already saying Fitz is the guy next week.

It was stupid honestly. When I saw the faces of Marshall and others on the sideline and after the game they have lost faith in Fitz clearly. They may not have it in Geno but what an unruly fall for Fitz - these guys couldn't have wanted him back more - you would have thought he was Brady and I think they are ready for a change.

Im not saying he should have named Geno the starter I am just saying he should have said exactly "well we need to get better, the coaches, Mike, and I will meet this week and make that decision together". Now he has backed himself in to a corner by already saying Fitz is the guy next week.
    Right, he should have at least put a day's worth of concern into Fitz's mind and said "We're going to discuss this as a team. We'll see what tomorrow brings" or something like that. I mean man, at least wait until you and the team can sit down and look at the video... But nope, Fitz is his guy.
    23,27,28,32,36,37,38,39,41,43,47,49,50,51,52,53,56 ,58,61,62,77,78,96,98,99,00,09

The more I sit here and watch/read things on this game, the more pissed I get at Bowles...

What the hell was Skrine (an inside nickle/slot CB) doing trying to cover strong, speed guys on the outside? That's not his role! That's a bad coaching decision.
    23,27,28,32,36,37,38,39,41,43,47,49,50,51,52,53,56 ,58,61,62,77,78,96,98,99,00,09

Quote Originally Posted by DMan77 View Post
    The more I sit here and watch/read things on this game, the more pissed I get at Bowles...

What the hell was Skrine (an inside nickle/slot CB) doing trying to cover strong, speed guys on the outside? That's not his role! That's a bad coaching decision.
    Same with his use of Sheldon. Yeah its great he can do different things but how about using him for what he is best at? He's not an OLB and he's sure not an ILB I meant seriously. Same as Mo, same with Pryor, Skrine etc etc. Bowles is to dumb to think this hard honestly. We've got to much talent to be this bad.

We do not need to draft a quarterback. Let's get the first pick and draft strictly offensive lineman. I am looking at schools such as Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Stanford specifically. Football is won in the trenches, look at Dallas, a rookie quarterback and running back but they have the best offensive line in football and they are 5 and 1. Petty is are quarterback get him some protection and let's roll.
    Correction Petty is our future. Geno starts and Petty takes all 2nd team snaps until next year.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 10-18-2016 at 02:47 PM.

It was stupid honestly. When I saw the faces of Marshall and others on the sideline and after the game they have lost faith in Fitz clearly. They may not have it in Geno but what an unruly fall for Fitz - these guys couldn't have wanted him back more - you would have thought he was Brady and I think they are ready for a change.
    I guess I took what he said more as Fitz is still t he starter, as in at 11 pm on monday night but we will get together as a group and figure that out.

Yeah, the team looks lost.

Something I never considered, I wonder if the offense feels good about their week of practice because the destroy the D, which sucks?

This is why many of us didn't want him back or at least not for 12 mil. Mike Westoff is hysterical when he talks about Fitz. He says what many of us said all along.

Fitz is literally the worst QB in the league. I didn't think he would be this bad. I figured the bottom 10 but this is insane.
    We might have helped out the O-line with 12 mil or the DBs. If the FO had the balls to stick to 7 mil, we would still have had 5 mil to help out.
    We could have just as easily been 1-5 with Geno at the helm and then we'd know who he was as a QB.

What I and I'm sure all of us are curious about is this qb "plan" that is top secret.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Something I never considered, I wonder if the offense feels good about their week of practice because the destroy the D, which sucks?
    You know what I wondered about this?... Think of the QBs that have been running the scout/opposing team offenses? It was Hackenberg for the first 5 weeks... Smith was taking the 1st/2nd team reps, and Petty was hurt.

So that left Hackenberg as the guy running the opposing teams plays... I can't imagine he gave the defense much of a challenge. The D probably looked great against him and the scout team offense.

Petty should be a little better at this since he had a full year of it. Who knows. I'm sure overall this is minor, but it was interesting to me to picture Hackenberg basically running the Pitt or Arizona offense and trying to get the D ready...

Quote Originally Posted by DMan77 View Post
    You know what I wondered about this?... Think of the QBs that have been running the scout/opposing team offenses? It was Hackenberg for the first 5 weeks... Smith was taking the 1st/2nd team reps, and Petty was hurt.

So that left Hackenberg as the guy running the opposing teams plays... I can't imagine he gave the defense much of a challenge. The D probably looked great against him and the scout team offense.

Petty should be a little better at this since he had a full year of it. Who knows. I'm sure overall this is minor, but it was interesting to me to picture Hackenberg basically running the Pitt or Arizona offense and trying to get the D ready...
    Fair point.
    I am still hopeful that Hack is not a hack and turns into the kind of QB we can have for a while

Most important things on a football team.

1. Quarterback
    2. Defense
    3. Offensive Line
    4. Wide Receivers
    5. Running Back

Build the team this way and the Jets will be built like the Patriots.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Most important things on a football team.

1. Quarterback
    2. Defense
    3. Offensive Line
    4. Wide Receivers
    5. Running Back

Build the team this way and the Jets will be built like the Patriots.
    I fully disagree. If you have no line, a QB will get crushed, especially a young one. And if you have no running game, he will get crushed, (see Fitz last game)

Offensively focused team
    1- O line
    2- RB
    3-QB
    4 WR
    5-Defense

For a defensive team
    1-D line
    2 LBs
    3 Oline
    4 DBs
    5 QB - I rank QB before a running game here because you are looking for someone to simply manage a game.

I fully disagree. If you have no line, a QB will get crushed, especially a young one. And if you have no running game, he will get crushed, (see Fitz last game)

Offensively focused team
    1- O line
    2- RB
    3-QB
    4 WR
    5-Defense

For a defensive team
    1-D line
    2 LBs
    3 Oline
    4 DBs
    5 QB - I rank QB before a running game here because you are looking for someone to simply manage a game.
    I have absolutely no idea why the NFL is getting away from having a go to running back. Look at what David Johnson did to us! That makes the QBs job so much easier and opens things up for the rest of the offense. Also look at the Cowboys. Having a true 3 down back is HUGE and most teams have too many guys and never let a guy get in any kind of rythym as a runner. And o line is extremely important as well, that's another reason the Cowboys have been so successful with a rookie QB.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314