Red Sox 1

Blue Jays 3
    Rangers 0

Indians 4
    Blue Jays 3

GIANTS 4
    Indians 0

Giants NLDS Roster:
    Pitchers (12): Ty Blach , Madison Bumgarner , Santiago Casilla , Johnny Cueto , George Kontos , Derek Law , Javier Lopez , Matt Moore , Sergio Romo , Jeff Samardzija , Will Smith , Hunter Strickland
    Catchers (2): Trevor Brown , Buster Posey
    Infielders (6): Brandon Belt , Brandon Crawford , Conor Gillaspie , Eduardo Nunez , Joe Panik , Kelby Tomlinson
    Outfielders (5): Gregor Blanco , Gorkys Hernandez , Angel Pagan , Hunter Pence , Denard Span

Cubs:
    Pitchers (11): Jake Arrieta , Aroldis Chapman , Carl Edwards Jr., Justin Grimm , Kyle Hendricks , John Lackey , Jon Lester , Mike Montgomery , Hector Rondon , Pedro Strop , Travis Wood
    Catchers (3): Willson Contreras , Miguel Montero , David Ross
    Infielders (6): Javier Baez , Kris Bryant , Anthony Rizzo , Addison Russell , Tommy La Stella , Ben Zobrist
    Outfielders (5): Albert Almora Jr., Chris Coghlan , Dexter Fowler , Jason Heyward , Jorge Soler

Heyward is lucky the Cubs have done so well.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Good pitching weather. Clouds have been moving in and out and a little windy.

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    Giants 3
    Cubs 0

Dodgers 3
    Nats 1

Giants 4
    Dodgers 2

Indians 3
    Red Sox 1

Blue Jays 3
    Rangers 0

Indians 4
    Blue Jays 3

GIANTS 4
    Indians 0
    Indians were my pick midseason for the AL, but that rotation is so hurt by injuries now that I don't think they go far. I don't think they past the Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I see it at 50%. I won't go over that, but it's a short series and when we can throw out Bum and Cueto for 3 out of the 5 games I like the odds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    This is a really good point. To have both of them coming at you so quickly can cause problems. Both clubs want to win but I see the Giants being a little calmer. Cub fans are nervous and so am I. But, they have a lot of weight to carry around, their season and the fact they haven't won in so long. Took a long time for us to win it to.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    How do you guys see this series ending?

If you don't give any credit to even-year magic, and I don't, do the Giants have a better than 50% chance of beating the Cubs 3 out of 5?
    I don't put any stock into the even year narrative.

I feel confident with our pitching that we can go pitch for pitch with them, but it's the offense that worries me a bit. I can't put a percentage on this, but the last three Postseason's with this team has taught me to not be surprised with what they can do. The starters absolutely have to go seven. If the Cubs get to the bullpen early then this could be a quick series.

Lester wasn't as sharp in his two Postseason starts last year (7 ER in 14 IP). Then there was the one against the Royals as an A when he gave up 6 in 7.1 IP. Let's hope that carries over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I don't put any stock into the even year narrative.

I feel confident with our pitching that we can go pitch for pitch with them, but it's the offense that worries me a bit. I can't put a percentage on this, but the last three Postseason's with this team has taught me to not be surprised with what they can do. The starters absolutely have to go seven. If the Cubs get to the bullpen early then this could be a quick series.
    You got this part (bolded) right. It's about hitting and scoring runs. Lots of focus on pitching match-ups against the Cubs, but if the boys leave their bats home (like most of the 2nd half of the season) it makes no difference who pitches or how well.

Score runs, enough so that the BP is a non-factor. Or we be ****ed...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    Giants 3
    Cubs 0

Dodgers 3
    Nats 1

Giants 4
    Dodgers 2

Indians 3
    Red Sox 1

Blue Jays 3
    Rangers 0

Indians 4
    Blue Jays 3

GIANTS 4
    Indians 0
    If I was to put all my biases aside (Giants fan, Red Sox & Dodger hater) and just go with my gut feeling and take a wild guess based solely on premonition, I see in the cards (not the Cards) a Dodger/Jays WS.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

CF Fowler
    3B Bryant
    1B Rizzo
    LF Zobrist
    SS Russell
    RF Heyward
    2B Baez
    C Ross
    P Lester

Hernandez CF
    Belt 1B
    Posey C
    Pence RF
    Pagan LF
    Crawford SS
    Tomlinson 2B
    Gillaspie 3B
    Cueto RHP

At first it makes you go WTF. Then you look at the numbers at it makes sense.

Span (204 PA)- .217/.284/.283, .255 wOBA/59 wRC+
    Panik (133 PA)- .226/.295/.301, .267 wOBA/66 wRC+

Hernandez (33 PA)- .273/.333/.455, .339 wOBA/115 wRC+
    Tomlinson (72 PA)- .306/.367/.361, .320 wOBA/102 wRC+

Yep, Bochy said he was sticking with platoons because it was working and those stats back that up.

Samardzija is officially starting Game 2, plus

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    You got this part (bolded) right. It's about hitting and scoring runs. Lots of focus on pitching match-ups against the Cubs, but if the boys leave their bats home (like most of the 2nd half of the season) it makes no difference who pitches or how well.

Score runs, enough so that the BP is a non-factor. Or we be ****ed...
    Yea, My main concern is the offense as well. I believe our pitching staff, including Moore, show up this October.

I also think the bullpen plays well. Lopez, Casilla, Romo have all been here before regardless of their respective seasons.

We need to take advantage of every scoring opportunity, get on base, and capitalize. Work their pitchers into a high pitch count. We have to score early.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast