Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who improves to a 2-3 record?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bears

1 50.00%
  • Colts

1 50.00%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    He was around 75-79 pff
    Massie Makes long look great in comparison

I know alot of people won't love the idea.... But

Fa/draft pick / Sitton / Grasu/ Whitehair / Long looks pretty good. Moving forward I know the big 3 inside looks great too. But to find two legit tackles seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Deiondre Hall rolled his ankle in practice and is now doubtful. Does Fox have them practicing on a pile of rocks?
    Fox threw the "Doubtful" designation on Hall. Just heard it on 670.

Week 5: Chicago Bears (1-3) @ Indianapolis Colts (1-3)

I thought this was going to be a close game but there are a shitload of Bears injuries.

Not too optimistic now, but we'll see who's a "Go" and "No Go" on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I know alot of people won't love the idea.... But

Fa/draft pick / Sitton / Whitehair / Long / Fa/draft pick.

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    Fixed.
    I know that's ideal. But I think it's gonna be really hard to find two starters at tackle. .

I know this will also be an unpopular opinion. But looking back I wish we could have gotten springs. Cause it would have been nice if he locked up one of the two

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Massie Makes long look great in comparison
    It's impressive for long seeing he was pushed there with no TC and messed up hand

I really don't want Long at RT. LT/Sitton/Whitehair/Long/RT

We have the best interior in football now, we just need the bookends. No more shuffling please.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I really don't want Long at RT. LT/Sitton/Whitehair/Long/RT

We have the best interior in football now, we just need the bookends. No more shuffling please.
    Agreed with this....

I mean, Long SHOULD be playing OT, he has the talent for it... but he doesn't want to, and he's a top guard in the league so fine, he can stay there.

My ideal offseason right now is looking something this:

-Cutler sent packing for whatever pick we can get... I'd ideally love a 4th for him, but that's probably dreaming. Mostly I just want to use his money and make Alshon an offer.

-Try and bring Alshon back, but don't overpay. He's our best WR, but he's flat out not worth elite receiver money.

-I want at least one veteran tackle brought in to compete for both spots from FA

Draft:
    1: Fournette-RB (looking like we may pick ~4-8)
    2. Kaaya or Watson- QB (Odds are one of them falls to the 2nd... this guy isn't being drafted to start
    3. Best OT on the board....

4-5. Best value OT or DL (our pass rush ain't getting home right now, either)

We're not winning our battles in the trenches, and that's the primary thing I want this team to address this offseason..

I'm dumping Jay mostly for $$ reasons, and because I think Hoyer is a better QB for a rookie to learn behind.

That's a potential starting line of

Leno (draft pick + FA compete) ==== Sitton ===== Whitehair ===== Long ===== Draft pick/ FA

Grasu as our primary C/G backup.

with a two headed monster of Fournette and Howard running behind that, we could set ourselves up to have a pretty dominant runnning attack.

Smh wasn't his idea to play Julio man every down

Panthers release CB Bene Benwikere

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Agreed with this....

I mean, Long SHOULD be playing OT, he has the talent for it... but he doesn't want to, and he's a top guard in the league so fine, he can stay there.

My ideal offseason right now is looking something this:

-Cutler sent packing for whatever pick we can get... I'd ideally love a 4th for him, but that's probably dreaming. Mostly I just want to use his money and make Alshon an offer.

-Try and bring Alshon back, but don't overpay. He's our best WR, but he's flat out not worth elite receiver money.

-I want at least one veteran tackle brought in to compete for both spots from FA

Draft:
    1: Fournette-RB (looking like we may pick ~4-8)
    2. Kaaya or Watson- QB (Odds are one of them falls to the 2nd... this guy isn't being drafted to start
    3. Best OT on the board....

4-5. Best value OT or DL (our pass rush ain't getting home right now, either)

We're not winning our battles in the trenches, and that's the primary thing I want this team to address this offseason..

I'm dumping Jay mostly for $$ reasons, and because I think Hoyer is a better QB for a rookie to learn behind.

That's a potential starting line of

Leno (draft pick + FA compete) ==== Sitton ===== Whitehair ===== Long ===== Draft pick/ FA

Grasu as our primary C/G backup.

with a two headed monster of Fournette and Howard running behind that, we could set ourselves up to have a pretty dominant runnning attack.
    I think Kaya is gone and Watson I don't love as much as some. I would prefer to go OT with maybe Davenport in the 2nd. Stick with the best RB in the first whether fornette or cook. Then draft a developmentaL qb. Plenty to chose from

Kelly
    Falk
    Mahomes
    Webb
    Rudolph
    Rush
    Last edited by Kyben36; 10-07-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    Fixed.
    I agree with this.

It shouldn't be overly difficult to improve at Tackle over Massie and Leno while leaving the interior beasty with Sitton/Whitehair/Long.

Draft one, Sign one or Draft two. Don't really care.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tackle/

OL is actually one of the least of the Bears problem going into next year. I agree we need to upgrade OT, and of course it would be great to upgrade both T spots....but just upgrading over Massie will give the Bears a top 10 OL next season. With the amount of other holes they have, even on offense, I'd be pleased with just 1 upgrade on the starting OL and an upgrade at swing tackle.

The Bears first and foremost need to fix their pass rush and get better in the secondary. Although, the secondary hasn't played that bad considering the lack of pass rush and the injuries at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    OL is actually one of the least of the Bears problem going into next year. I agree we need to upgrade OT, and of course it would be great to upgrade both T spots....but just upgrading over Massie will give the Bears a top 10 OL next season. With the amount of other holes they have, even on offense, I'd be pleased with just 1 upgrade on the starting OL and an upgrade at swing tackle.

The Bears first and foremost need to fix their pass rush and get better in the secondary. Although, the secondary hasn't played that bad considering the lack of pass rush and the injuries at CB.
    Basically. If you upgrade at RT you're fine with Leno again. You can't be great everywhere and it allows you to help one tackle instead of worrying about two. Changes your whole offense.

Pass rush, defense line first priority.

Biggest needs on defense: 5T, OLB, S

Offense: QB, RT, WR

Two huge needs on offense, and two huge needs on defense. RT and S are needs, but not as critical as QB, 5T, WR or OLB, IMO. That's a tall order to fix in one off-season. We're most likely looking at another 2 years, possibly 3 or even 4, depending how long it takes Pace (or whoever) to find a franchise QB. That's most likely going to require being aggressive and paying a kings ransom to move up in the draft.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast