Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who improves to a 2-3 record?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bears

1 50.00%
  • Colts

1 50.00%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He thinks Cutty took his last snap as a Bears. Its the wrong football move, but I'm ok with blowing it up and trading him and Jeffery.
    Oh, well, I think he's probably right.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    #Bears RG Kyle Long on Jimmy Johnson's comments regarding QB Jay Cutler: "I think people are really quick to jump to conclusions."

#Bears RG Kyle Long on QB Brian Hoyer: "Obviously it goes without saying that Brian has done a terrific job filling in."

Long: "People don't look at the fact that, myself included, we didn't protect Jay the first 2 weeks. Jay was hit over & over & over again."

Long: "We've got to win games & whether that's with 2 or with 6 remains to be seen & we're excited about whatever direction we're going."
    Long has a point, truth be told. The game is won in trenches, and we've honestly seen that play out in our first three games...

We saw last year that Cutty is capable of doing what Hoyer did this past week... Granted, his pocket presence and ability to sense pressure seem to be off more than usual this year, but our offensive line was in shambles for the first two weeks.

In week 3, the Lions had no effective pass rush, and suddenly we can spread the ball to all of our wrs... Holes where opened up in the run game, and our starting RB was actually capable of breaking tackles (especially arm tackles) enough to make the running game a real threat. Give Cutler time to throw, and a running game that's actually working, and he will outperform Hoyer all day.

That being said, we aren't contenders right now, and it's incredibly unlikely we're gonna be contenders next season, so we might as well start the future QB search now, and trade Jay if we can, for whatever we can get.

I mean the same can also be said for our defense... We actually had a pass rush last week, and lo and behold, our defense actually managed to look good... It all starts up front, and last week was the first week that we've really won that fight on either side of the ball, let alone on both.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Oh, well, I think he's probably right.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I hope he's wrong. I'd rather Hoyer get hurt (obviously nothing serious) or benched and get to be entertained by Cutler, than for the Bears NOT to trade Cutler and Jeffery.

Start Cutler, or deal him and Jeffery. Those are the 2 things that would get us closer to winning a super bowl IMO.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I know it's an unpopular opinion but I hope Jay gets another shot and proves people wrong.

I am not supper sold on the qb prospects but a great running back to lean on can be had next draft. Let Jay have one last year. Groom his replacement and build a supper running game as the defense gets sturdier

Jay did get hit too much but some of that is also on him. I don't think I've once seen him this season call out a blitz and make an adjustment. I know for certain that one time when a defender came unblocked, I saw the blitz coming the whole time (and it wasn't a blindside rush) and sure enough it caused a sack/fumble.

Jay seems to be intent on running the play as-is this season, and hasn't done his OL much favor either by stepping into pressure and ignoring the internal clock.

I'll take Kyle long opinion and my eyes

Week 5: Chicago Bears (1-3) @ Indianapolis Colts (1-3)

It's Kyle Long being PC. Deep down, he knows Cutler is trash.
    Fire Ryan Pace

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    It's Kyle Long being PC. Deep down, he knows Cutler is trash.
    To be fair those first two games were trash and they have gotten better. I'm more impressed of him holding the line accountable for issues. Whether it's actually on them or not. These tackles need to know they need to play better.

Fwiw. Does anyone have longs PFF rating when he played RT????

He was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    He was bad.
    Just wondering him vs massie rating

PC at it's finest.

Do you really think a team player like Long is going to say ANYTHING that would shed any negative light on JC?!?

I think the term "trash" is a little much, but Cutler isn't a stud QB either.

Both sides need to realize that he's in the middle of the pack somewhere.

Oh, and **** having JC as our QB next season!

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    He was bad.
    He was around 75-79 pff

Week 5: Chicago Bears (1-3) @ Indianapolis Colts (1-3)

Deiondre Hall rolled his ankle in practice and is now doubtful. Does Fox have them practicing on a pile of rocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23]

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast