Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    So did anyone see the asking price the Yankee's want for McCann? Folty or Inciarte.

Obvious the braves said no.
    that rumor has been floating around since the trade deadline. It's not gonna happen unless they are throwing us some top notch prospects back and eating most of McCann's salary

RIP Gene Wilder

If the Cubs can turn around in 4 years, anyone can.

Tell me what ya think? The Braves get Verlander, Ian Kennedy, RA Dickey, and McCann. The cherry on top is us getting Ian Kinsler and putting him at 3b.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Tell me what ya think? The Braves get Verlander, Ian Kennedy, RA Dickey, and McCann. The cherry on top is us getting Ian Kinsler and putting him at 3b.
    No thanks on Dickey. McCann I would be happy with if it was for a cheap price. Same with Kennedy.

I'm not sure how I feel about Verlander. I like him but I don't want to trade any good prospects for him and I feel we might have to. Especially if Kinsler is included in the deal.

If we make any trades I'll be content with Kennedy and McCann.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

I have seen people say Braves are interested in Dickey. Vet who eats innings is what they want, only guys who will sign at most a 2 year deal so they dont block our young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    I don't like Dickey or Kennedy. Verlander is good but he's going to cost a lot of prospects and a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I have seen people say Braves are interested in Dickey. Vet who eats innings is what they want, only guys who will sign at most a 2 year deal so they dont block our young guys.
    That makes sense then. It's a very thin FA group so I guess he would be a solid signing if we do bring him in. I would rather bring in Volquez personally. That is if he is let go by KC, which I'm sure he will.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    That makes sense then. It's a very thin FA group so I guess he would be a solid signing if we do bring him in. I would rather bring in Volquez personally. That is if he is let go by KC, which I'm sure he will.
    Talent wise and personally, absolutely! I two thought about that a while back, I do wonder how he would rub off on our young players though.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Talent wise and personally, absolutely! I two thought about that a while back, I do wonder how he would rub off on our young players though.
    Good point. Since we have some cash to spend we could even target both Dickey and Volquez. Both are inning eaters with experience in the NL. Plus it's always possible one of becomes trade bait at the deadline.

Teheran
    Folty
    Dickey
    Volquez
    committee

Not a terrible rotation.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Unfortunately, unless drastic changes are made this offseason in the way of trades, I think we are still 2 years away from competing or even breaking .500. Well, at least there's the Falcons........maybe. And I won't have to pay the ungodly fee for MLB extra innings.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Unfortunately, unless drastic changes are made this offseason in the way of trades, I think we are still 2 years away from competing or even breaking .500. Well, at least there's the Falcons........maybe. And I won't have to pay the ungodly fee for MLB extra innings.
    $180 is it? Maybe less.....That is far and away, not even close, the best sports package deal around.

Also, ATL was 4 games under .500 from June 1 on. I se no reason why, with some small and reasonable improvements they cannot be a .500 team this year. Or at least close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    $180 is it? Maybe less.....That is far and away, not even close, the best sports package deal around.

Also, ATL was 4 games under .500 from June 1 on. I se no reason why, with some small and reasonable improvements they cannot be a .500 team this year. Or at least close.

$180 is ridiculous. RedZone, now that's a deal, just $4 a month for that channel. Sure, Atlanta did spectacular down the strch in meaningless games for most teams, big freaking deal!!! Small improvements will get us nowhere, like Trump says: "BELIEVE ME!"
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

Meaningless games in June and July - is there such a thing for "most" teams?

I know I am pointing out solid facts to a pessimist who could care less what they numbers actually say, but after two months of awful baseball, the Braves were a competitive team for 2/3 of the year.

Even more impressive to me we went .500 in the 2nd half being we where way out of the running.

Great under the radar additions to the front office with Dave Wallace and Dom Chiti. As an Orioles fan, I've seen both of them do so much with so little over the past couple seasons. Britton, Brach and O'Day wouldn't be the shutdown relievers they are today without coaching from Wallace and Chiti. I was really hoping we would bring back Chiti as the pitching coach, but it seems he had his eye on something else and I see why.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast