Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I don't really think we can go wrong with whichever manager choose. Black and Washington are good coaches. I can also see the dilemma the Braves are in with Snitker. He was terrific after he took over and the players love him but it was also a small sample size. Honestly I applaud them for interviewing other candidates. Keeping Snit as the manager is the easy decision. I like how they are still doing research. That tells me how determined they are to win. They aren't settling for the easy decision here. I'm still rooting for Snit to get the job but as long as he's on the staff in some capacity I'll be happy.

Apparently Snitker is the frontrunner to be the manager next season.

DOBrienAJC
    #Braves expected to remove 'interim' label, make Snitker their next manager

Probably the best thing for a young team that desperately needs to overachieve to compete.

Ron Washington also named 3rd Base coach, Bo moves to special advice role and they promoted our minor legue pitch coach Hernandez.

I like the moves.

I like the moves as well. Having Washington around should help Snit be a better manager as well. Washington took the Rangers to the World Series twice so he has plenty of playoff experience and knowledge to pass around. Snit definitely deserves this.

I'm excited for next season. We have a lot of momentum going into the off season. If we can make a couple solid moves we could move into wildcard contention. We have some good foundation pieces in place.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Great move. Dude has been with us for so long. I like how we played under him. Also love the Washington hire.

Essentially it's another "interim" role. One year with a club option. If we compete we will probably keep him around for as long as he can handle it.

love the hire and the coaching changes - we are sticking with the plan of developing our young guys especially pitchers. I am very excited for next year and beyond. BUT, I do not see the wc possibilities next year. We are 2 starting pitchers short from being a .500 team and the 5th starter needs to be wisler or blair or one of our younger guys stepping up. Bullpen has great potential. But where will we find 2 solid starting pitchers this offseason?? That is a huge hole in our team and difficult to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    love the hire and the coaching changes - we are sticking with the plan of developing our young guys especially pitchers. I am very excited for next year and beyond. BUT, I do not see the wc possibilities next year. We are 2 starting pitchers short from being a .500 team and the 5th starter needs to be wisler or blair or one of our younger guys stepping up. Bullpen has great potential. But where will we find 2 solid starting pitchers this offseason?? That is a huge hole in our team and difficult to fill.
    If we can keep up the pace with played with after firing Gonzalez then we'll be a .500 team. If we make even marginal improvements we will compete for a WC, IMO. If we make a few bigger moves and one or two of our young pitchers improve, then I could see us making a splash next year.

WC teams where only 10 game above .500, we went 37-35 in the 2nd half.

Very possible to compete with 2 pitchers and one more bat possibly two.

Not saying we can't!!!!!

However realistically, a lot is going to have to go right for us to do so. I think we are one more year away from real contention. They're are a lot of scheduled difference makers in the free agent class after the 17' season. We get one of those to go along with what we have now and coming through the minors, then I think we could have another 10 year run.

Again not saying it's impossible! I'm just giving my honest opinion.

The Johnson deal is official. He doesn't seem like the prototypical closer, but he gets it done.

Didn't realize Johnson struck out 3 more per 9 innings than his career average. Anyway he keeps that up?
    Last edited by iamaj; 10-15-2016 at 01:46 PM.

So did anyone see the asking price the Yankee's want for McCann? Folty or Inciarte.

Obvious the braves said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    So did anyone see the asking price the Yankee's want for McCann? Folty or Inciarte.

Obvious the braves said no.
    Yeah, crazy. McCann has negative trade value so even if they eat half his contract they won't net an everyday player or a big time prospect. If they eat half the contract I'd offer Tyrell Jenkins and Braxton Davidson.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast