Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2291
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Brown is going to destroy the chiefs secondary.

Bell is going to destroy the chiefs front 7.

Chiefs defense is bottom 7 against the run. Bell averages 144 yards per game on the ground against teams that are ranked in the bottom 10 against the run.

I don't hate the chiefs, I think big Ben is a rapist but I don't see the chiefs winning this one.
    You were correct about Bell but not the rest. What we saw tonight was
    A-Smith is a *****
    B-Reid is a *****

Sorry JD but Smith had so many opportunities to run and help his team and Reid's play calling was so damn safe.

In any case, I hope Ben and his D mistake Tom Lady for a young woman in a bathroom

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm rooting for the Chiefs to win it all

And I was in the stadium for game 6 of the 09 WS, best sporting event I'll ever attend.
    Thanks for rooting for us, but that game is typical life as a Chiefs fan. Eric Fisher being the number overall pick in the draft the year you did not want that pick. Not picking a QB in the FIRST three rounds of the draft since we took Todd Blackledge in the first in '86/'87 (?). That was the same year as Marino.

It just sucks, being a Vikings fan you probably share my pain. It just sucks seeing the Pats/Steelers/Packers always in it every year. At least there is no more Peyton, but Oakland is rising. Please, just take a QB early this year, STOP BRINGING EVERYONE'S CASTOFFS (Montana, Gannon, Green, Cassel, Smith)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    You were correct about Bell but not the rest. What we saw tonight was
    A-Smith is a *****
    B-Reid is a *****

Sorry JD but Smith had so many opportunities to run and help his team and Reid's play calling was so damn safe.

In any case, I hope Ben and his D mistake Tom Lady for a young woman in a bathroom
    Read my post below, I've sadly gotten used to it

Hopefully by some magic DeShaun Watson falls to us!

I laugh reading this forum... the number of times I read "The Yanks should have signed player X to a long term deal....."

You ASSUME that the Yanks didn't even try... you forget.. it takes 2 parties in agreement to make a deal... and many agents don't want a long term deal until after they hit UFA and let a capitalist market set the price... Stop assuming the Yanks didn't try... we don't know if they did or did not, and to be honest, it's none of our business.. it's between the two parties.. It's just not always easy these days to buy a guy out of his arbitration years... a few will (Robbie Cano, Mike Trout...etc)... but most won't... and in almost every case, you end up paying more doing it than you would have if you went the normal route.. unless it is the big guys like the two I mentioned.. Those two probably would have set records for arbitration and good to not have to go there... but most don't qualify for that..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Thanks for rooting for us, but that game is typical life as a Chiefs fan. Eric Fisher being the number overall pick in the draft the year you did not want that pick. Not picking a QB in the FIRST three rounds of the draft since we took Todd Blackledge in the first in '86/'87 (?). That was the same year as Marino.

It just sucks, being a Vikings fan you probably share my pain. It just sucks seeing the Pats/Steelers/Packers always in it every year. At least there is no more Peyton, but Oakland is rising. Please, just take a QB early this year, STOP BRINGING EVERYONE'S CASTOFFS (Montana, Gannon, Green, Cassel, Smith)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not a good year to draft a QB and expect him to start. Senior Bowl will be really important but all the QBs in this upcoming draft are developmental. Also, not a good year for offensive lineman, moreso tackles aren't really impressive this year, a few okay guards. Not saying none of the QBs or OL taken in this draft won't be good, just a weak class. I'm sure a few will succeed.

Great draft for DE, DT, LB, CB, S and RB, though. So much talent.

Kelce works the middle of the field good, they should look into a tall receiver who uses his body to his advantage at the point of attack on the ball. You guys really lack that.

Doubt Mike Williams will be there in the mid-late 20s but a guy like Courtland Sutton from SMU should be there. 6'3'' 205, 4.48 40 Yard Dash. Has good body control and can block out defenders with his frame. Projected late 1st/Early Second round.
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 01-16-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Read my post below, I've sadly gotten used to it

Hopefully by some magic DeShaun Watson falls to us!
    Being a Jets fan, I hope that Watson falls to you. I would not take in the first round and probably not the second.

Like RC said, this is a horrible QB draft. Trubinsky and Kizer? Yikes. Tons of excellent D players

Andy Reid is not a good playoff coach.

Ignorance is bliss

Regarding retirement of Teix and A rod, Sabathia told Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record, “If anything, it made me want to play as long as I can. As long as I’m healthy and feeling good, I want to play.’’ While Sabathia is no longer the front-line starter he was earlier in his career, he did bounce back last season from a couple subpar years in a row. In 179 2/3 innings, he logged a 3.91 ERA, 7.61 K/9, 3.26 BB/9 and 50.1 percent ground-ball rate. That impressed general manager Brian Cashman, who said, “It’s a big year for him. It’s his free-agent walk year. And I’ll sign up right now to get what we got out of him last year. He was very effective.’’ Cashman also stated that Sabathia’s “expectations and hopes are to pitch for another four or five years or something like that.”

http://www.northjersey.com/story/spo...yond/96550890/

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Not a good year to draft a QB and expect him to start. Senior Bowl will be really important but all the QBs in this upcoming draft are developmental. Also, not a good year for offensive lineman, moreso tackles aren't really impressive this year, a few okay guards. Not saying none of the QBs or OL taken in this draft won't be good, just a weak class. I'm sure a few will succeed.

Great draft for DE, DT, LB, CB, S and RB, though. So much talent.

Kelce works the middle of the field good, they should look into a tall receiver who uses his body to his advantage at the point of attack on the ball. You guys really lack that.

Doubt Mike Williams will be there in the mid-late 20s but a guy like Courtland Sutton from SMU should be there. 6'3'' 205, 4.48 40 Yard Dash. Has good body control and can block out defenders with his frame. Projected late 1st/Early Second round.
    Believe me, I've wanted a big, physical receiver for years, but we've never gone after one. Haven't really had one since Dwayne Bowe in 2010. I'd love Mike Williams, but I think the Titans take him with one of their two picks before us. Sutton announced he's returning so that won't work.

My real dream pick for the Chiefs is Zach Cunningham, he makes perfect sense and could very well be there. Only teams I see taking him before us are Denver or Miami. Running back makes a lot of sense too. Charles' knees can't be trusted anymore. Spencer Ware was a nice find, but he isn't a lead back. Would not be opposed to taking one in the first three rounds.

Yes, this is considered another weak QB class, but don't we say that every year? Wasn't last year supposed to be bad, yet both Dak and Wentz look good. Just have to find the right guy for the system and I believe of all the guys Watson fits our system the best. If we did draft him, there are many teams in front of us needing a QB, I don't think he starts right away. We draft him and then stash him a year behind Smith teaching him the offense. I don't like any of the QBs in this draft other than him. He's the only one I'd be interested in.

The Chiefs regime generally drafts for future need. All our first round picks were to replace an impending free agent after the upcoming season. Eric Fisher (Branden Albert), Dee Ford (Justin Houston), Marcus Peters (Sean Smith), and Chris Jones (Dontari Poe) all fall in line with that logic. Charles is a free agent after next season so maybe RB in round one? Like you said, the Senior Bowl and Combine is going to be huge. Also, free agency will shift needs around for every team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Being a Jets fan, I hope that Watson falls to you. I would not take in the first round and probably not the second.

Like RC said, this is a horrible QB draft. Trubinsky and Kizer? Yikes. Tons of excellent D players

Andy Reid is not a good playoff coach.
    Agreed, I've said it ever since that playoff collapse to the Colts that Reid will never change. If that wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what is. He's very stubborn and doesn't care if his clock management skills suck. I'm in the minority in town, but I'd be ok if we let him go after next season. If it's the same old crap where we look good in several games, then lose a few like we did to Tampa and Tennessee this year, then I think he winds up on the hot seat. Yes he's turned us into a playoff contender every year, but I don't not want to become the Atlanta Hawks of the NFL. Good enough to make the playoffs, but get bounced early every year.

Guys the football banter is fine, but it's OT for this thread. If you want to talk football please start an OT thread of it's own. Thank you.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Guys the football banter is fine, but it's OT for this thread. If you want to talk football please start an OT thread of it's own. Thank you.
    We can't, this forum has been banned from ever starting one again (no joke)

I understand, but it's kind of the boring part of the offseason so there isn't a lot to talk about.

We can't, this forum has been banned from ever starting one again (no joke)

I understand, but it's kind of the boring part of the offseason so there isn't a lot to talk about.
    JD it's up and running. Please post all future football discussion there. Thanks.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    JD it's up and running. Please post all future football discussion there. Thanks.
    No, I'm even not kidding, we've really been banned from ever making one again. It happened long before you got here. We had one going from like early '11 to mid '13. We posted every thing in there; from sports (NFL, NBA, NHL, college, etc.), to school, to movies, to tv shows, to cars, to even girls. There was a large group of us. Me, RCS, Mr Costanza, 1903, Inferno, Leo before he went awol and became a giant troll, the old mods in Yankee Clipper and Rylinkus, these old posters in TrueYankee, YEDN90, Wyld1, and then these other two weird creepy perverts in oak2455 and mttwlsn16 that eventually got banned.

Problem was we started breaking a lot of site rules in there. Editing each others posts and making us sound gay for each other, making posters we disagreed with on the forum sound gay, posting really raunchy (NSFW) photos of women that were close to nudes. Basically one of the posters we kept making fun of alerted the admins and super mods about what was going on. They were super pissed because not only were the mods allowing it to happen, but semi-par-taking in it too. Basically this forum was put on a perma ban of all off-topic threads and the then mods were almost stripped of their duties. We tried moving to like the Utah Jazz forum where there is zero activity, but it wasn't the same.

Start it at your own risk, but don't be surprised if it gets deleted.
    Last edited by jd25213; 01-16-2017 at 04:02 PM.

I was here and do recall the thread. I think it got way to graphic sexually, the reason the infractions were handed out. If we keep it clean I don't anticipate any issues.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Richard Bleier may be the unspoken rotation candidate
    January 16, 2017 by Mike Axisa

"One thing has become pretty clear this offseason: the Yankees like left-hander Richard Bleier a heck of a lot more than I realized. They’ve kept the 29-year-old journeyman on the 40-man roster all winter, opting to instead cut ties with potentially useful young players like Jacob Lindgren and Nick Goody when space was needed. Nick Rumbelow and Branden Pinder too, though they’re rehabbing from Tommy John surgery."

http://riveraveblues.com/2017/01/ric...didate-148826/

Sell the Team, HAL!

The Yankees have agreed to a minor league contract with free-agent first baseman/outfielder Ji-Man Choi, his agency in Korea told Jee-ho Yoo of the Yonhap News Agency (h/t: Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.net, on Twitter). Choi will be invited to Major League Spring Training and will compete for a roster spot. If he makes the big league club, he’ll earn a $700K base salary.

Choi’s representatives tell Yoo that he also received offers from 10 clubs, including the Brewers, Reds and Cardinals, but elected to sign with the Yankees, who had showed interest in Choi last offseason. MLBTR

Sell the Team, HAL!