Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bidding Round Restrictions

To keep everyone from bidding on everybody:

1. Players Limit: You cannot have bids on more than 7 players at a time.

2. Cap Limit: You cannot bid money you don't have. If you have $90,000,000 in salary, you only have $10,000,000 in cap. You cannot say bid $6M on one player and $5M on the other.

3. To prevent people from coming in and bidding on a player willy nilly last second:
    The bid round is 6 hours. But, if there is a last second bid we will have a 15-minute extension for counterbids for PREVIOUS BIDDING GMs only.

4. Counter Bids must be at least $500,000.

5. Also - if you have a bid out on a player, you really should be prepared to bid that price for him. Meaning, if you bid $4M, someone bids $4.5M and you go up to $5M you should be prepared to pay that amount even if the other guy drops out.

In short: you CANNOT rescind your highest bid for a player only to get him at a cheaper price. If you rescind, you drop out completely for that player.

6. Say you have a bid on a guy, but make a trade. You rescind your bid because it would have put you over the cap. You cannot come back and bid for that player at a lower price.

Example: I bid $5M on Courtney Lee. I make a trade, and rescind. If i want to come back to bid, the lowest i can then bid for that player is $5M.
    Last edited by Shammyguy3; 09-24-2016 at 02:54 PM.

When does it start?

right now since the draft is over

Players Limit: You cannot have bids on more than 7 players at a time.

Cap Limit: You cannot bid money you don't have. If you have $90,000,000 in salary, you only have $10,000,000 in cap. You cannot say bid $6M on one player and $5M on the other.

To prevent people from coming in and bidding on a player willy nilly last second:
    A last second bid will result in a 15-minute extension for counterbids for PREVIOUS BIDDING GMs only.

Counter Bids must be at least $500,000.

objections or suggestions?

Ok so can I cut players to save cap now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Ok so can I cut players to save cap now?
    yes

How long is the bidding per a player? 6 hours + the 15 min extension?

6 hours, unless there was a last minute bid where there will be a 15 minute expansion.

Also - if you have a bid out on a player, you really should be prepared to bid that price for him. Meaning, if you bid $4M, someone bids $4.5M and you go up to $5M you should be prepared to pay that amount even if the other guy drops out.

In short: you CANNOT rescind your highest bid for a player only to get him at a cheaper price. If you rescind, you drop out completely for that player.

2. Cap Limit: You cannot bid money you don't have. If you have $90,000,000 in salary, you only have $10,000,000 in cap. You cannot say bid $6M on one player and $5M on the other.

3. To prevent people from coming in and bidding on a player willy nilly last second:
    The bid round is 6 hours. But, if there is a last second bid we will have a 15-minute extension for counterbids for PREVIOUS BIDDING GMs only.

5. Also - if you have a bid out on a player, you really should be prepared to bid that price for him. Meaning, if you bid $4M, someone bids $4.5M and you go up to $5M you should be prepared to pay that amount even if the other guy drops out.

6. Say you have a bid on a guy, but make a trade. You rescind your bid because it would have put you over the cap. You cannot come back and bid for that player at a lower price.

Example: I bid $5M on Courtney Lee. I make a trade, and rescind. If i want to come back to bid, the lowest i can then bid for that player is $5M.

any objections to our current bid restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    6 hours, unless there was a last minute bid where there will be a 15 minute expansion.

Also - if you have a bid out on a player, you really should be prepared to bid that price for him. Meaning, if you bid $4M, someone bids $4.5M and you go up to $5M you should be prepared to pay that amount even if the other guy drops out.

What if you rescinded a $10 mil bid because Lebron got cut like a few hours later and you wanted to bid on Lebron, then got outbid for Lebron. I can't go back to the guy I was bidding on originally? That's kinda harsh. Let the person go back but they have to bid the same price (or higher) that they last bid on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    What if you rescinded a $10 mil bid because Lebron got cut like a few hours later and you wanted to bid on Lebron, then got outbid for Lebron. I can't go back to the guy I was bidding on originally? That's kinda harsh. Let the person go back but they have to bid the same price (or higher) that they last bid on.
    That's exactly what you would do

That's exactly what you would do
    Oh okay. Then yea I'm fine with that. I misunderstood and thought you can't go back at all.

Guys Also Remember:

Per the original rules posted weeks ago, you CANNOT go over the 10-man limit through the bid process. If you have 8 players, but are bidding on 3 guys you need to make sure you rescind one of those bids

We're talking about exactly 1 minute right?

If the first bid was 12pm, the end would be 6pm. So if a bid went in at 5:59, then extra 15 mins but if a bid went in 5:58, then it still ends 6pm?

**** all you *******s looking for a loop hole ^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast