Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 621
  1. #571
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Well, again, from what I understand of the First Law, and helped with an additional explanation from Zook, I don't see it as clear evidence (with the understanding you're not positing proof). But I think we've both made our cases.
    Then you must not understand either the first law or thermodynamic or my argument, because they are completely in line with one another.

    I dont see how you can even question if this is an evidence for my stance, it is so straight forward. It's a scientific law which almost states my exact argument.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    So is that how it happened? God created the Giant Magnetic Energy Fields which then yielded matter and anti matter which led to the Big Bang and the expansion of the universe?

    Someone had to create the GMEF?

    Are you sure you don't have a PhD in Astrophysics?
    I dont know what this means, I was just clarifying his post regarding the nature of matter and anti matter

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #573
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,830
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Then you must not understand either the first law or thermodynamic or my argument, because they are completely in line with one another.

    I dont see how you can even question if this is an evidence for my stance, it is so straight forward. It's a scientific law which almost states my exact argument.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    “Scientific” creationists also have destroyed their own credibility in every branch of science about which they have written by the tactics they employ in writing. This is especially true in thermodynamics, of which there are many distinct versions, depending on the application involved. This comes about because creationists view the laws of science not as do scientists on a quest, but as evangelists on a mission. They use whatever knowledge they may have not to further scientific understanding, but to forge apologetic defenses of the biblical truths they believe in.
    Sounds familiar....

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,122
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Then you must not understand either the first law or thermodynamic or my argument, because they are completely in line with one another.

    I dont see how you can even question if this is an evidence for my stance, it is so straight forward. It's a scientific law which almost states my exact argument.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I know you can't.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds familiar....
    So they're saying dismiss what theists say because we're not saying it with the right intention? lol, cmon, who cares if I approach it like a scientist or not, evidence is evidence.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I know you can't.
    Sure, because of how blatantly it backs up exactly what I am saying. I am telling you that this universe could not have went from non energy to energy of it's own accord, and the first law backs this exact statement up.

    You're trying to tell me I'm looking thru broken lens, but it's you who is. You're not being genuine in your argument because you can't even admit that the first law backs up my statement.

    It does. That doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong, or I win the argument and you lose. It's just one piece of evidence I have on my side. That's it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #577
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,830
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So they're saying dismiss what theists say because we're not saying it with the right intention? lol, cmon, who cares if I approach it like a scientist or not, evidence is evidence.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Evidence is evidence....and no evidence is no evidence. Your argument lands on the latter side of that.

    Unfortunately, I know you'll either never see this or never admit this.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,122
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure, because of how blatantly it backs up exactly what I am saying. I am telling you that this universe could not have went from non energy to energy of it's own accord, and the first law backs this exact statement up.

    You're trying to tell me I'm looking thru broken lens, but it's you who is. You're not being genuine in your argument because you can't even admit that the first law backs up my statement.

    It does. That doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong, or I win the argument and you lose. It's just one piece of evidence I have on my side. That's it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well, you would have to use the First Law in a way that no physicist ever would for you to make your evidential claim. But I'll never convince you of that.

    And so here we are.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,224
    To be honest, I don’t know what “True Christians” believe about the 1st law of Thermodynamics.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Well, you would have to use the First Law in a way that no physicist ever would for you to make your evidential claim. But I'll never convince you of that.

    And so here we are.
    How am I using it exactly?

    As far as I can tell I'm using it exactly by its definition, exactly the way physicists use it. This concept of conservation of energy falls exactly in line with me saying this energy could not have arose of it's own accord.

    I guess it's an impasse we're at, to me that seems pretty straight forward.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,122
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    How am I using it exactly?

    As far as I can tell I'm using it exactly by its definition, exactly the way physicists use it. This concept of conservation of energy falls exactly in line with me saying this energy could not have arose of it's own accord.

    I guess it's an impasse we're at, to me that seems pretty straight forward.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're applying it to the formative universe when the First Law just applies to a closed system. The formation of the universe doesn't involve a closed system. That doesn't happen until after the universe was formed. I've said this like a hundred times already.

    Here's a summary of the video Zook was talking about, how the First Law could still apply with the formation of the universe. Theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss can explain it a hell of a lot better than I ever could. The beauty of it all is it won't change your assertion that we came from a supernatural beginning. And maybe we did. But this video shows a natural possibility.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9urEFoaI1iY
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You're applying it to the formative universe when the First Law just applies to a closed system. The formation of the universe doesn't involve a closed system. That doesn't happen until after the universe was formed. I've said this like a hundred times already.

    Here's a summary of the video Zook was talking about, how the First Law could still apply with the formation of the universe. Theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss can explain it a hell of a lot better than I ever could. The beauty of it all is it won't change your assertion that we came from a supernatural beginning. And maybe we did. But this video shows a natural possibility.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9urEFoaI1iY
    That doesnt explain in any way how the first law could apply during formation, lol. Hes saying the same thing another poster said earlier, he is talking about formatiom of matter and anti matter, and because they are equal and opposite he is asserting they could have arose from nothing, lmao, but hes not mentioning they didnt arise from nothing, they arise from huge magnetic energy fields.

    Hes basically trying to sell his book to gullible atheists. Apparently its working, lol

    The universe (creation) IS a closed system. What outside system is there to lose energy to?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,122
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That doesnt explain in any way how the first law could apply during formation, lol. Hes saying the same thing another poster said earlier, he is talking about formatiom of matter and anti matter, and because they are equal and opposite he is asserting they could have arose from nothing, lmao, but hes not mentioning they didnt arise from nothing, they arise from huge magnetic energy fields.

    Hes basically trying to sell his book to gullible atheists. Apparently its working, lol

    The universe (creation) IS a closed system. What outside system is there to lose energy to?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Facepalm.

    "He's selling his book to gullible atheists."

    No, he's talking about science. He's positing a possibility based on science.

    Believe what you want, Nasty. I promise I won't stop you. You think you've got evidence for a supernatural beginning? Fine. You've got evidence.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,411
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Facepalm.

    "He's selling his book to gullible atheists."

    No, he's talking about science. He's positing a possibility based on science.

    Believe what you want, Nasty. I promise I won't stop you. You think you've got evidence for a supernatural beginning? Fine. You've got evidence.
    No, he is a known atheist speaker and generates lot of revenue from this, this is a cutting edge idea which unfortunately has no basis in reality other than the word game hes trying to tag along with it so he can sell it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,122
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, he is a known atheist speaker and generates lot of revenue from this, this is a cutting edge idea which unfortunately has no basis in reality other than the word game hes trying to tag along with it so he can sell it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ha!

    Well, to be fair, atheism and science often, but not always, go hand in hand. They don't always have to. Many scientists are firm believers in the almighty. Krauss as you correctly point out is not. Similar to me, he was raised a non observant Jew and was Bar Mitzvahed. At this point, i don't think he even identifies as a Jew, unlike me.

    Regardless, a belief in God and the supernatural really have no role in science, And that's where Dr. Krauss, a theoretical physicist and a cosmologist, is coming from.

    As for you saying his ideas having no basis in reality, that's kind of ironic considering you, not he, is positing a supernatural solution to the first cause problem. And as I would hope you will be the first to admit, the supernatural can never be demonstrated in this reality. But to reiterate, Dr. Krauss is only presenting it as a possibility. He has no proof or demonstration behind it. Not even a theory. Just an untestable hypothesis at this point. But it is based on demonstrable science, as he explained.

    If you chose to listen. Which I'm not sure you did.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •