Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 66 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 2518
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Definitely. That'll change soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd probably bet anything under 48


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #977
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,937

    Timberwolves Trade/Ideas/Rumors Thread 2.0

    Ya I will think it over a bit more when I have some time later but leaning towards putting something down soon.

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,665
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I meant just in general how do we get to a place where we are true contenders even if not this year. I believe his thoughts were to trade Wiggins in a separate post and was wondering/curious on it.
    I mean, it's difficult obviously with GS around. But at the very least, if everything goes well, there's nothing stopping this team from becoming a 55+ win team that could potentially finish #2 or #3 in the Western Conference. And IMO, that helps KAT/Wiggins/etc. Take a look at Houston. You think they get someone like CP3 on the cheap if they weren't a top team in the West? I know you guys are a smaller market, but if KAT truly blossoms into a top 3-5 player like he can and this team emerges as a top 5 team over the next year or two, that might just be enough to attract some players for cheap. It's hard to see you guys surpassing GS in the next few years, but it's certainly more plausible than it looked 2-3 weeks ago.

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228
    Man I'm loving this offseason. I loved Rubio, but I want Thibs to have his guy at PG. Teague is an upgrade to me because he can shoot the 3, score at the rim, and play off ball. Also having 5 guys the other team has to defend really helps. Also, lets not forget that for 4 out of Rubio's 6 years in MN he was injury prone. The last 2 years seemed to have put that out of people's mind, but before that it was always a concern.

    To me the Taj Gibson signing is perfect. It's so easy to forget that we couldn't box out at all last year, like at all. Our biggest weakness to me was strength, Dieng got bullied, Lavine got bullied, and Wiggins got bullied trying to guard the 3. Now everyone on this team is playing in the right position, our strength has improved dramatically. We also have to Thibs vets who can help get there teammates into the proper position. Gibson can rebound and defend, we didn't need our 4 to score considering you have 3 20 point guys on offense already.

    Now we should try and trade Aldrich and that Thunder pick for cap space, or just cut him saving 5M, then sign Thabo, a 3 and D SG and our roster is set.

    JT, Jones
    Wiggins, Thabo
    Butler, Bjelly
    Gibson
    Towns, Dieng

    This roster is almost exactly what I mapped out at the beginning of the offseason. Go Wolves, God bless you Thibs.

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,418
    Need 1 or 2 shooters and this team will be nasty.

    Watch how much fun this team will be playing hard nose defense every play. Can't wait to get the nba package just to watch this team play.

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Need 1 or 2 shooters and this team will be nasty.

    Watch how much fun this team will be playing hard nose defense every play. Can't wait to get the nba package just to watch this team play.
    Can't WAIT to see defense. It's been too long as a t-pups fan.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #982
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    I mean, it's difficult obviously with GS around. But at the very least, if everything goes well, there's nothing stopping this team from becoming a 55+ win team that could potentially finish #2 or #3 in the Western Conference. And IMO, that helps KAT/Wiggins/etc. Take a look at Houston. You think they get someone like CP3 on the cheap if they weren't a top team in the West? I know you guys are a smaller market, but if KAT truly blossoms into a top 3-5 player like he can and this team emerges as a top 5 team over the next year or two, that might just be enough to attract some players for cheap. It's hard to see you guys surpassing GS in the next few years, but it's certainly more plausible than it looked 2-3 weeks ago.

    Ya a move like that or what we have seen is what I am talking about kinda with what these stars are being sold for (Butler got most return yet of anyone). Wiggins will cost more $ by then but we just saw Oladipo used as a piece so I don't think it's an issue given some still see potential. I just thought you had mentioned using him in some way like that because you didn't believe in him like our others outside Towns and was curious if you had ideas on it or just liked that generally speaking. Even so short term we are more than one player away anyways imo.

    I agree it is more plausible we can compete with GS sometime soon but like you say it's still very hard to see . That's the difference/key to me honestly probably, we are still so far behind and now have an older group/less time. Teague/Butler will be 29/28 Gibson is 32 this year so 3 years from now they will be hitting the point of decline (or gone) and we won't have opened money in that time unless we just declined Butler/Wiggins/Towns extensions. I definitely get your view and the team being better now but I just don't think we raised our championship hopes long term just because we are a bit closer today (yet extremely far away still with 3+ years from now when those guys decline looking like a better time to make the push with our stars hitting their prime still on RFA contracts).

    Don't want to be too negative here just saying how it looks to me now. We will need to get a really lucky pick or screw someone big on a trade Dieng+Patton+Aldrich+picks for a legit star (while Wiggins hits all star level early or is also bringing in a legit star) to even be close to truly competing with our group but it's not impossible either. I think the best way to say it is that either way involved risk and some people prefer one type of risk over the other. I especially get it from your view being low on our Lavine/Wiggins/Towns trio and not liking Rubio/Dunn much either (we agree on Dunn).

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,418
    Gibson might be on the decline but thibs is right about jimmy...hes just starting to hit his prime...

  9. #984
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Gibson might be on the decline but thibs is right about jimmy...hes just starting to hit his prime...
    Ya I think we are getting peak jimmy right now. I like jimmy a lot so this isn't any sort of knock on him just a timeline thing for us.

    I am trying to think of very good wing defenders good on offense that attack the hoop to show how guys can age.

    Wade, artest, Marion are coming to mind and I can look up them and more later too to see if 31+ was clear fall offs etc. I am pretty sure that's when it usually happens but could be off.

    Off to practice now though

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,418
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I think we are getting peak jimmy right now. I like jimmy a lot so this isn't any sort of knock on him just a timeline thing for us.

    I am trying to think of very good wing defenders good on offense that attack the hoop to show how guys can age.

    Wade, artest, Marion are coming to mind and I can look up them and more later too to see if 31+ was clear fall offs etc. I am pretty sure that's when it usually happens but could be off.

    Off to practice now though
    Wade was good up until last year, and even last year his numbers were decent. Wade also has a history of injuries. Jimmy doesn't.

    It's not about the age that should scare you, it should be the amount of years they've been in the league. Jimmy is in his 6th year but he didn't get real playing time until year 3/4. He just started to grow 2 years ago and he's just going into his prime now and he's probably got a good 5 years of that.

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillsboro, Or
    Posts
    790
    We pulled the Shabazz Muhammad QO so he is FA. Jrue 5 years at 150, Lowry just got 100 mil for 3 years. 3 years and 57 mil for Teague is looking FANTASTIC. I suspect some small moves. Another shooter will be added. We need a 6th man...bad. Wiggins? Lol...I know he wouldn't do it, but it would support his iso play and he could run things. Next year will be exciting!

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brainerd, MN
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's KG? View Post
    We pulled the Shabazz Muhammad QO so he is FA. Jrue 5 years at 150, Lowry just got 100 mil for 3 years. 3 years and 57 mil for Teague is looking FANTASTIC. I suspect some small moves. Another shooter will be added. We need a 6th man...bad. Wiggins? Lol...I know he wouldn't do it, but it would support his iso play and he could run things. Next year will be exciting!

    I can't believe that some people are actually *****ing about this offseason, it just blows my mind. I agree, the Teague signing was very deft, I don't think we overpaid him at all, especially considering he cost half of what Lowry did--HALF. Of course the Lowry signing will get all the headlines, but when you have three stars on the team right now, did you really need a guard who was going to demand the ball as much as Lowry? Honestly, I never thought I'd say this about the Wolves, but it was overkill, an overkill of skill.

    I can't believe the amount of talent on this team. The key isn't this offseason--we know what JB, Jeff Teague and Taj are going to produce. And actually, we know what Towns is gonna do. He's 21 and already broke KG's single-season scoring record. We've talked so much about acquisitions, but we've forgotten on how Towns is. He's easily the best scoring C in the league, and with the right tutelage, he could become a top-5 player in the league.

    And then there's Wiggins. Thibs loves him apparently, I love him too, but this upcoming season will be key for him. It will be very interesting to see how he fits in with other stars/accomplished players. If he steps it up to the next level, we're talking about a team that can compete with the Warriors. Of course, that's a big "if" but we're on our way for sure.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,105
    I like the Gibson signing. Over two years, the team will be paying him less than Milsap would be getting in one. Not the same level, but a strong defender and a fiery competitor.

    Now, about our bench... (Specifically the wings.)

  14. #989
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,937
    Ya I definitely prefer Teague to that Lowry contract, I think he should be a solid fit. Hopefully he plays like he did last year after a shaky first month or so (I read something about him realizing he needed to be a distributor etc).

    I think with the pressure off Wiggins to be our best defender/scorer it should make his job easier and things easier on him to excel. The worry is that he kinda floats because he isn't that focus but I have a feeling with Thibs/Butler (maybe Towns) around they won't let it happen too much without being in his ear.

    Minnesota at 45.5 wins is now at pay 135 to win 100 (was 125 earlier today so people are going over pretty heavily probably).

  15. #990
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,937
    I'm a little disapointed we had to drop Shabazz to get Taj, wish Thibs coulda worked something out there

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •