Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 65 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 2518
  1. #961
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,938
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I don't think it's realistic to believe we could get on GS level this coming year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya I meant just in general how do we get to a place where we are true contenders even if not this year. I believe his thoughts were to trade Wiggins in a separate post and was wondering/curious on it.

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I meant just in general how do we get to a place where we are true contenders even if not this year. I believe his thoughts were to trade Wiggins in a separate post and was wondering/curious on it.
    I think we still have to hope for more development from our youngins.

    Playing with Teague/butler/taj and winning is only gonna help them move towards reaching their potential.

    Seeing how they perform in big situations is gonna be very exciting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #963
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,938
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I think we still have to hope for more development from our youngins.

    Playing with Teague/butler/taj and winning is only gonna help them move towards reaching their potential.

    Seeing how they perform in big situations is gonna be very exciting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Personally I would likely say the same thing right now, play out the season and evaluate after seeing how it works. I think we all believe Towns is a top 10 player soon, Wiggins is the ? from developing standpoint. Butler hopefully helps him figure it out some on the defensive end and it will help the team a ton that Butler is now taking his old role (guard best player, close games etc).

    I also could get his point though that Wiggins is the moveable piece now in some sort of major trade. One more valuable piece left that might only decline with time (like our others ones could have). If we wait around it might be nothing and if we move now we might be hurting the long term for short. Same idea basically as what we just did which is I think along the lines of what he was saying (didn't like our pieces so we should sell them to get real one's around Towns now).

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,479
    I am on my phone and suck at it. Answer more tomorrow but we didn't do anything to our future finances, it was long gone afyer tis summer for years even if we did nothing.

    GS seems invincible for years, but things happen. We are now a 50-55 win team but still need to add a wing and a little shooting. May have to come via trade now, or it's thru the mins..

  5. #965
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am on my phone and suck at it. Answer more tomorrow but we didn't do anything to our future finances, it was long gone afyer tis summer for years even if we did nothing.

    GS seems invincible for years, but things happen. We are now a 50-55 win team but still need to add a wing and a little shooting. May have to come via trade now, or it's thru the mins..
    The money thing is just pointing out we are now locked in with the group/little flexibility left on roster (unless we move like Wiggins). I think we can maybe even push for more wins, like I said I get how that excites people after our recent history.

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The money thing is just pointing out we are now locked in with the group/little flexibility left on roster (unless we move like Wiggins). I think we can maybe even push for more wins, like I said I get how that excites people after our recent history.
    Only locked in for two seasons. That's key. And I'm perfectly fine with all three of those guys for the next two years.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #967
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,938

    Timberwolves Trade/Ideas/Rumors Thread 2.0

    Well sure if we decline to extend butler/wiggins/towns but after those two years we will have max wiggins/towns and be due on butler. If we choose no on butler then we have room but if not we will still be right up at the cap.

  8. #968
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,479
    MNG, we have no money going forward if we did nothing. That is what I mean.

  9. #969
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    MNG, we have no money going forward if we did nothing. That is what I mean.
    Ya we would have also had to spend this summer (or next) either way. Now we are locked into our roster though (Tyus/dieng/Patton youngish trade assets), that young team had lots assets/flexibility for the future (when we would be closer to truly competing).

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya we would have also had to spend this summer (or next) either way. Now we are locked into our roster though (Tyus/dieng/Patton youngish trade assets), that young team had lots assets/flexibility for the future (when we would be closer to truly competing).
    I'm of the belief that Kat and Wiggins need to play with better players and in bigger situations to reach their potential.

    This is definitely doing that.

    I understand your skepticism, but we pretty much ensured we are competitive these next two years. I love it. Couldn't be more excited.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #971
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,938
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I'm of the belief that Kat and Wiggins need to play with better players and in bigger situations to reach their potential.

    This is definitely doing that.

    I understand your skepticism, but we pretty much ensured we are competitive these next two years. I love it. Couldn't be more excited.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree we guaranteed being competitive short term (hopefully more than 2 years haha) so many will like it. Also if Butler can't help Wiggins I am not sure who could lol. I am not saying my view is the only way to look at it either I am just expanding it as people question/quote/disagree etc.

    Anyways it's not like I won't be following the team now or anything just because I question our new route haha. I will enjoy the games this year a bit more than I would have without since we should add tons of wins. I just am not as overly excited as others overall because of my skepticism on our true championship chances currently and moving forward.

  12. #972
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,226
    Thanks Jets ....

    That is the whole point of moving and changing things up. Is our roster a playoff contending one... yes. Do we have core players that we can sign long term.... yes. We needed to change the culture to one that is expecting to win every night. With our roster last year standing pat would be a very bad choice. I have been a huge Ricky fan as well as Levine and have defended them many times here.... saying that I am thrilled with the moves and believe they were in the best interest of the team.... Target Center should be a fun place this year and we should go and watch with expectations that we win "most" nights.

    Are we ready for primetime with GS or the Cav's not yet but if we gel and play defense like Tib's wants we have a shot of being competitive against them.... winning a seven game series? not likely but being there and getting the experience this year could provide a springboard for the future.
    Last edited by specialiststeve; 07-02-2017 at 09:09 PM.

  13. #973
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    Thanks Jets ....

    That is the whole point of moving and changing things up. Is our roster a playoff contending one... yes. Do we have core players that we can sign long term.... yes. We needed to change the culture to one that is expecting to win every nigh. With our roster last year standing pat would be a very bad choice. I have been a huge Ricky fan as well as Levine and have defended them many times here.... saying that I am thrilled with the moves and believe they were in the best interest of the team.... Target Center should be a fun place this year and we should go and watch with expectations that we win "most" nights.

    Are we ready for primetime with GS or the Cav's not yet but if we gel and play defense like Tib's wants we have a shot of being competitive against them.... winning a seven game series? not likely but being there and getting the experience this year could provide a springboard for the future.
    Preach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #974
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,938
    Just checked a betting site and it has us 45.5 wins. Thinking about taking the over...

  15. #975
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Just checked a betting site and it has us 45.5 wins. Thinking about taking the over...
    Definitely. That'll change soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •