Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Rose succeeded because he was a scoring threat off the dribble, and imploded defenses with his drives, opening up the drive and kick. Ricky is basically useless as a scorer. He really has no place on this team long term. Thib's won't use him in the PnR, and I really have no idea how Ricky can be infused anywhere else into the game plan.
    He can become a great 3pt shooter ( not planning on that).

As bad as the Kings have been, I'm rooting for Rubio in Sacramento. Between Cousins and Joeger (and the lack of anyone else of consequence), I think that he would be appreciated and used effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Under Thibs it has been and with Drummond it would be.

That said, the thing that Ricky seemed have improved on most last year - the mid-range pull-up, is completely out of his arsenal. Somehow he seems to have gotten worse at finishing (after an up-tick last year) and he is at least starting to shoot 3s again even though he is missing them. Essentially he is being asked to be Derrick Fisher - bring the ball up and then space. It's disappointing.
    For his part, there is a recent quote from Rubio about going through a difficult phase adjusting to yet another coach and that he is to paraphrase: trying to "find" himself again.
    Exactly! Tyus may be better suited for the Fisher role.

The million dollar question is, can Dunn fit in this system?
    Last edited by DW3421; 11-28-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Exactly! Tyus may be better suited for the Fisher role.

The million dollar question is, can Dunn fit in this system?
    if Dunn can become a respectable shooter, and hit a floater, yes, he will work in Thib's system. He isn't Rose athletic, but he can get to the rim and finish, and defensively, he is obviously going to be a pit bull.

He just has a ways to go in evaluating the floor off the dribble. Time will tell if he can handle it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I am a Kings fan... I enjoy watching the Wolves and their young talent. I have to admit I like Rubio a lot, always have. I think he would be great paired up with Cousins.

As for Drummond, I feel like the only way you get him is sending KAT in return.

Realistically, I would maybe try to add a veteran or two to your team for leadership and leave the core as is. With how young everyone is the Wolves and the 76ers will be very competitive in the years to come. Patience is key.

At least you guys have a direction. I would do a Gay for Rubio swap. You can clear up cap space next year and have a veteran presence this year who is good if a playoff push is in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    I am a Kings fan... I enjoy watching the Wolves and their young talent. I have to admit I like Rubio a lot, always have. I think he would be great paired up with Cousins.

As for Drummond, I feel like the only way you get him is sending KAT in return.

Realistically, I would maybe try to add a veteran or two to your team for leadership and leave the core as is. With how young everyone is the Wolves and the 76ers will be very competitive in the years to come. Patience is key.

At least you guys have a direction. I would do a Gay for Rubio swap. You can clear up cap space next year and have a veteran presence this year who is good if a playoff push is in the cards.
    I don't think we would have any interest in a rudy gay rental, we would want something of value for the future in return (clearing space has never really meant much for us and we look ok cap wise anyways). Maybe involving a 3rd team could work though, I too think Rubio/Cousins would be a nice pairing.

I think we have enough me first scorers at the moment....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I think the fact that we are not hearing any rumors is speculation to believe something is in the works.

Rubio not playing in the 4th is the coach seeing if the other pgs can do the job. If we can trade Rubio for veteran help why not try it. Otherwise wait for a contender to need a pg because of injury.

What are some realistic trades for Rubio, Shabazz...

I think we have enough me first scorers at the moment....
    x2

Like *presses button*
    Last edited by topdog; 11-29-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDvikes View Post
    I think the fact that we are not hearing any rumors is speculation to believe something is in the works.

Rubio not playing in the 4th is the coach seeing if the other pgs can do the job. If we can trade Rubio for veteran help why not try it. Otherwise wait for a contender to need a pg because of injury.

What are some realistic trades for Rubio, Shabazz...
    I'm starting to think that Shabazz will not be tradeable this year because his stats are so low and he is so up and down. It's funny because in every press conference Thibs was having before the season, he would mention the core 3 and Shabazz unsolicited and yet it seems Shabazz just can't find a role in what Thibs is running.

Rubio? "Realistic" or "likely"? Teams that seemed to have shown recent interest in him (or one of our point guards) are: Milwaukee, Sacramento, and Philly. I would start my scenarios with them and maybe throw in Phoenix.

would you do Rubio for Noel?

I'm also starting to think we should move Rubio. If he doesn't fit our new system, it's best for both sides to break up. That being sad, I'm not convinced yet in this system. Even last season under Mitchell, we were doing great on offensive end with Rubio organizing and Lavine, Wiggins, Towns scoring. I know it's still early, but it's been an underwhelming season.

As for whom to trade with, I don't care much at this point. No way we're getting anything useful, so Sacramento, Milwaukee or Philly look like good candidates. Rubio would fit well there with Cousins or Embiid, and they have some young players they could send in return.

As for Shabazz, I've given up on him for some time now. Also no way we get anything useful in return.

So, in the 1st half, we are #1 in offensive efficiency. Better than the Warriors...

In the 3rd quarter, we have the biggest drop in efficiency versus our opponent in the last 20 years.

Something has to give

would you do Rubio for Noel?
    Yes. That's one I've bee thinking about lately. Noel definitely fills a need and would be more effective than Rubio has been. Short term, have Tyus start until Dunn is capable of organizing the offense.

If Dunn is capable of that? Right now he has absolutely no feel for the game and shoots it like Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    If Dunn is capable of that? Right now he has absolutely no feel for the game and shoots it like Rubio.
    while I agree, does it matter?

Look, I think this team will come around and start winning more game the 2nd half of the season, for sure. But it's a lost season. You can't start 5-14, and make the playoffs. If you can sell high on Rubio (I think Noel, a version of Theo Ratliff) is about as good as you can do.

That being said, I am all for just sitting on it and making these guys figure it out. We have 3 players (probably can add Shabazz, Tyus, Dunn to that), who have never been yelled at or told no in their basketball careers. In order to become a great team, players need to make a change, internally. It's why it's SO hard to win with young players, they just don't get it yet, because they have relied off natural talent their whole lives.

I guess we should have expected this season, looking back. You can see it in our young 3 guys faces right now. They are frustrated, and you know Towns barely sleeps at night. But this season might be what they need. All of our guys need to become more team oriented, and make the right plays, every possession. Box out, every possession. Never let a guy dribble down the pipe without any physical connection. Make the extra pass. Dive for loose balls. Etc.

Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast