Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 192 of 194 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2907
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    It was already Edwards team this year even with Kat. He is the focal point of the offense.
    I know. But with Minnesota luck, who the F knows what will happen...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Anyone else in on Ben Simmons? I think it would be a good move to get him, he fixes the defense pretty quickly and is a buy low(er) candidate than previous rumors. Will still take a decent haul to get him but I would do it...

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowKG View Post
    Anyone else in on Ben Simmons? I think it would be a good move to get him, he fixes the defense pretty quickly and is a buy low(er) candidate than previous rumors. Will still take a decent haul to get him but I would do it...
    I am in to an extent but I would probably balk at their asking price in the end.

He plays defense and is good in transition but when it comes to half court offense as seen there are major issues. He can't really shoot at all and defenses don't overly respect it, despite some of his playmaking he isn't a threat on that end really. What does make sense is having a couple scoring studs and shooting around him which we can provide depending on the trade.

Would you trade Russell/Beasley for Simmons? Assume we can make other moves to round out the roster/get back spacing just value wise I am asking (it's been noted elsewhere so thought I'd use this example).

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am in to an extent but I would probably balk at their asking price in the end.

He plays defense and is good in transition but when it comes to half court offense as seen there are major issues. He can't really shoot at all and defenses don't overly respect it, despite some of his playmaking he isn't a threat on that end really. What does make sense is having a couple scoring studs and shooting around him which we can provide depending on the trade.

Would you trade Russell/Beasley for Simmons? Assume we can make other moves to round out the roster/get back spacing just value wise I am asking (it's been noted elsewhere so thought I'd use this example).
    I'd do Beasley, Reid, and Rubio and a first for Simmons. I think that should be more then enough to get him. Reid has been a beast but if they prefer I would consider doing Okogie, Culver, Vanderbilt, or Nowell or maybe a combination. If we kept this years first in the top 3 and wanted to flip it for Simmons I would be ok with this as long as its not the number 1 overall.

Simmons
    Russell
    Edwards
    McDaniels
    Towns

Bench
    Okogie
    Nowell
    Davis
    Culver
    Vanderbilt

I'd be ok with this and finding a couple fill in vets. I really dont see how thats not a playoff team.

Simmons
    Russell
    Edwards
    McDaniels
    Towns

Bench
    Okogie
    Nowell
    Davis
    Culver
    Vanderbilt

I'd be ok with this and finding a couple fill in vets. I really dont see how thats not a playoff team.
    This where I'm at I think, if they can do the deal and keep Russell I think it helps a lot. If they give up Russell, I don't know how much better the team really is.

Timberwolves Trade/Ideas/Rumors Thread 2.0

In the main forum I said my guess is we would try for Beasley++. Iíd add basically any of the guys mentioned above too along with other role players in whatever combination they wanted really. I would basically go all in outside the other 4 starters you have mentioned.
    I said I think we would balk at Russell/Beasley for various reasons.

I think we would have the scoring/spacing to make it work with him if the asking price was that low though. My guess is they will go for a better guard to pair with embiid though than a package like that (we would likely need 3rd team)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

spot on take (or at least my thoughts too). I would offer D-Lo/Beasley for Simmons without thinking about it twice. Look, transition opportunities are scarce in the playoffs, but Simmons is an elite defender, can create offense, and we have Ant that can control the ball late and make plays (if I haven't stressed it yet that I think Ant is going to be a star, now ya know my thoughts). Simmons can get to the bucket to score, defend, create, and we can pull the ball from his hands late. He laid a complete dud in the playoffs this year, but he is basically a 14-10-8 guy in the playoffs over his career outside the Atlanta series, so it's not like he is terrible. We can hide his weakness (scoring) so much better with Ant.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I'd do Beasley, Reid, and Rubio and a first for Simmons. I think that should be more then enough to get him. Reid has been a beast but if they prefer I would consider doing Okogie, Culver, Vanderbilt, or Nowell or maybe a combination. If we kept this years first in the top 3 and wanted to flip it for Simmons I would be ok with this as long as its not the number 1 overall.
    I know we are going to need to ditch Reid at some point ($$), but I feel like we may be able to include him with a first rounder to get a stud. Morey is the GM of the Sixers though, and picks are like shiny toys to him so perhaps a trade for Simmons is more like D-Lo/First rounder with protection. Idk

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Simmons
    Russell
    Edwards
    McDaniels
    Towns

Bench
    Okogie
    Nowell
    Davis
    Culver
    Vanderbilt

not to nitpick, but zero chance Davis is back, and likely Culver. I know we may not want to trade Russell for anything short of an all star (would make the loss of this years pick look even more short sighted), but I still prefer either Russell to be traded, or for him to become the 6th man of the year going forward..

I'm not trading for Simmons at all. His price is still too high. He's going to be 25 next year, his will probably not develop any more. Lebron, KD, Kobe, and MJ all were taking games over averaging around 27ish at age 25. Obviously I'm not comparing him to the GOATs as if he needs to meet that standard. Just saying at this age, his current game could be the finished product.

I think this current roster, when healthy is a playoff roster, of course an upgrade at the 4 would help though.

Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    I'm not trading for Simmons at all. His price is still too high. He's going to be 25 next year, his will probably not develop any more. Lebron, KD, Kobe, and MJ all were taking games over averaging around 27ish at age 25. Obviously I'm not comparing him to the GOATs as if he needs to meet that standard. Just saying at this age, his current game could be the finished product.

I think this current roster, when healthy is a playoff roster, of course an upgrade at the 4 would help though.
    If you can upgrade your roster to get an all star whose age fits our timeline, especially with defense being a skill of his, you need to explore it. Hus value is lower now than ever before.

I am starting to think this team needs yet another rebuild. This time though a complete blowup. The t-wolves were on the right path until the Butler trade. It has been down hill ever since. I don't want a team that might make the playoffs being the goal. The only way the t-wolves get better is through the draft. I think they have the right coach to develop players. I would trade anyone who has value except for Edwards & McDaniels. If the wolves would have gotten lucky and gotten to keep their pick in this year's draft would be a completely different story. Towns seems to be getting hurt more and more. I would rather trade Towns, Russell, Beasley now before they get any older and get fed up with the wolves and demand a trade.

Would you rather trade future assets to be a 7 or 8th seed at best or take the gut punch for a couple more seasons and potentially have something. A 23 year old Edwards (hopefully becoming the stud that he looks like he will be), young and upcoming team with cap space. Then the wolves will have transitioned completely to the new management were maybe the wolves get some players without overpaying in free agency.
    Last edited by BigBankND; 06-25-2021 at 04:25 PM.

I disagree about a complete rebuild first itís been almost impossible to bring stars into MN. Butler came cause of Tibbs. Even Curry told MN not to draft him. Youíve got all star talent wanting to be here now you push forward. Also making the playoffs might attract more talent in Minny. Second I think getting ANT playoff experience is key.
    Hawkeye I agree if his value is low enough but I donít move Dlow, KAT, or ANT to do it. Another team would offer more than Beasley, a first, and roll players. Besides salary would make it impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    I disagree about a complete rebuild first itís been almost impossible to bring stars into MN. Butler came cause of Tibbs. Even Curry told MN not to draft him. Youíve got all star talent wanting to be here now you push forward. Also making the playoffs might attract more talent in Minny. Second I think getting ANT playoff experience is key.
    Hawkeye I agree if his value is low enough but I donít move Dlow, KAT, or ANT to do it. Another team would offer more than Beasley, a first, and roll players. Besides salary would make it impossible.
    But without including Dlo, we would then have 3 mac contracts on the books. I just think.salary wise, we need to use him in a trade for Simmons. Plus we could use Simmons at PG plenty.

D-lo, Beasley, protected 1st. If they want more walk away.