Follow us on Twitter

Page 154 of 164 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2448
    Jon Krawczynski

Verified account

@JonKrawczynski
    Follow Follow @JonKrawczynski
    More Jon Krawczynski Retweeted Jon Krawczynski

The Timberwolves have agreed to terms with Noah Vonleh on a one-year deal, league sources tell @TheAthleticMIN

Vonleh will get $2 million next year, sources said.

Hey guys. Been awhile. Just here lurking thought I would say hi and throw my lot in with silver, hawk and oef. Hard to watch this team implode 100x times and not get down. Even when I saw the Russell stuff I thought “it’s only enough to guarantee a bad draft pick”. We are several moves away at this point. KAT and KG will share war stories when all this is over.
    the greatest inequality is the equal treatment of unequal people.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Jon Krawczynski

Verified account

@JonKrawczynski
    Follow Follow @JonKrawczynski
    More Jon Krawczynski Retweeted Jon Krawczynski

The Timberwolves have agreed to terms with Noah Vonleh on a one-year deal, league sources tell @TheAthleticMIN

Vonleh will get $2 million next year, sources said.
    I posted that we should target Vonleh a few pages ago. I like this signing a lot. He is a a decent modern backup big.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by jpagemn View Post
    Hey guys. Been awhile. Just here lurking thought I would say hi and throw my lot in with silver, hawk and oef. Hard to watch this team implode 100x times and not get down. Even when I saw the Russell stuff I thought “it’s only enough to guarantee a bad draft pick”. We are several moves away at this point. KAT and KG will share war stories when all this is over.
    Normally I would agree with you but I'm not so sure that we are that far away anymore. We had a good pick in Culver and if Wiggins can figure out just to be average that would be helpful. Roco is the glue guy every team needs. Its really time for towns to step up and say this is my team. He did this a bit last year for a stretch but hasn't been consistent enough. Teague is on a contract year so its likely he over preforms his career average to entice a future team.

Some of the top heavy teams are really falling this year. GSW look vulnerable the rockets aren't necessarily getting younger. The two biggest threats in my opinion are really Utah and Denver. The division we play in might be the hardest division in all of basketball. If we can get into the playoffs we might have enough capacity to atleast make it competitive.

I like Rosas new thought of trending towards a faster pace with more high opportunity shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I posted that we should target Vonleh a few pages ago. I like this signing a lot. He is a a decent modern backup big.
    I like both of the bigs we grabbed on the min, him and Bell should both fit in nicely.

Just to clarify, although I know most of you understand this, I do understand Roco is a glue guy. And to an extent he is expendable for the right price. What does worry me is the effect his loss would have on our D. Yes Rusell will improve our O dramatically but losing RoCo will hurt our D.

Now I put my trust in Rosas and co. But I'll add that I don't believe we are getting Rusell.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Just to clarify, although I know most of you understand this, I do understand Roco is a glue guy. And to an extent he is expendable for the right price. What does worry me is the effect his loss would have on our D. Yes Rusell will improve our O dramatically but losing RoCo will hurt our D.

Now I put my trust in Rosas and co. But I'll add that I don't believe we are getting Rusell.
    I agree I don't think we will get Russell either. However, I think teague playing in a contract year might return a bit back to form. It wouldn't surprise me if manage to steal like a 7th or 8th seed this year if Teague has a career year and Wiggins preforms up to his contract.

Listen a lot will depend on us hiring some coaches who specialize on D, O and player development. That and the input from the analytical staff we hired for the FO could have an impact.

I do not know what to expect because we never had it in the past.

Now Teague I could see being improved from last year. Although he still will remain a PG that wastes a lot of time and has some bad habits. Wiggins I am not sure. I doubt we see a lasting effort - we might see it in spurts- but if someone can get to him and convinces him to replace midrange jumpers for 3s and to drive more / get to the FT line more often, it would at least make him more efficient in offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Normally I would agree with you but I'm not so sure that we are that far away anymore. We had a good pick in Culver and if Wiggins can figure out just to be average that would be helpful. Roco is the glue guy every team needs. Its really time for towns to step up and say this is my team. He did this a bit last year for a stretch but hasn't been consistent enough. Teague is on a contract year so its likely he over preforms his career average to entice a future team.

Some of the top heavy teams are really falling this year. GSW look vulnerable the rockets aren't necessarily getting younger. The two biggest threats in my opinion are really Utah and Denver. The division we play in might be the hardest division in all of basketball. If we can get into the playoffs we might have enough capacity to atleast make it competitive.

I like Rosas new thought of trending towards a faster pace with more high opportunity shots.
    I agree I don't think we will get Russell either. However, I think teague playing in a contract year might return a bit back to form. It wouldn't surprise me if manage to steal like a 7th or 8th seed this year if Teague has a career year and Wiggins preforms up to his contract.
    On one hand you are saying you "don't think we are that far away" and on the other hand you are saying that if both Teague and Wiggins play unexpectedly well we are a 7/8 seed. All we have done this offseason is add Culver(uknown, could be a total bust and will likely be a non-factor in his rookie year), Nowell(an even bigger unknown), a couple of undrafted free agents(may not stick) and a couple of min(or close to min) vets who are nothing more than 9/10th kind of guys. Now, if RoCo is healthy(which once again is a huge if) we are better on defense to some extent, but we also lost Taj who was really, really good on D at the 4/5. We also lost Rose who single handed kept us in some games with his off-the-bench play. We also may still lose Jones(unlikely, but possible). The only improvement I can see happening is from within basically(just like you) and the two players we need to play significantly better are the two least likely players on the roster to play significantly better. Town has also stayed extremely healthy - so we always have that chance of him not being so.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 07-03-2019 at 11:54 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

You may still believe in Wiggins, most of us don't. You may believe things are changing, most of us want to see some proof before believing anything in this team. That seems to be the debate here...it's like a friend for years that keeps making bad decisions, you stick with them, always hoping they are about to get it right. Perhaps they will, but the longer those years go by of him/her messing up, the more hesitant you become in believing they will ever figure it out is all.

I like Rosas so far as well, if nothing more than because he seems to be modernizing our FO, attacking our development team, and is clearly willing to take risks to get talent here (so far).

You are right, that the league itself has become way more open than the last, oh, 20 years haha. There are legit 7-8 contenders right now, and another 4-5 teams that if all goes right can make runs. That is such a change from recent times..

To your initial point, I disagree-we are a LONG ways off from being a contender. We don't even have a viable #2 player, nor even a PG who is league average. A healthy year means maybe 38-42 wins with what we have. And mediocre is the worst place to be in the NBA. But, as this board and online will tell you, there is a renewed hope due to belief in our rookie GM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by jpagemn View Post
    what up dude. Yeah, I feel ya. I am hoping Rosas brings a different era, but we have been through this exercise countless times already, so I guess to us crusty old guys, we need proof, because believing blindly left port for us years ago......

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post

Completely agree.... Like Russell but Jones/Roco are move valuable in my eyes.

I don't even think people are far off it is just that some people are negative due to history etc., some positive due to it being our team/the new FO fresh start type and some just kind of in a wait and see we don't know much either way but look at what has happened and judge off that when possible.

38-42 wins? Might sneak in as 7/8 seed? Pretty much the same idea tbh just depends on the year and a lot has been shaken up (last year it was like 47 wins to make it, a few years back 41). I personally think around 40 wins makes sense if healthy so would be right in that range too. All of us have different positive/negative/wait and see outlooks but all are realistic about what the team actually is and so on at the same time with that part a big ?.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I don't even think people are far off it is just that some people are negative due to history etc., some positive due to it being our team/the new FO fresh start type and some just kind of in a wait and see we don't know much either way but look at what has happened and judge off that when possible.

38-42 wins? Might sneak in as 7/8 seed? Pretty much the same idea tbh just depends on the year and a lot has been shaken up (last year it was like 47 wins to make it, a few years back 41). I personally think around 40 wins makes sense if healthy so would be right in that range too. All of us have different positive/negative/wait and see outlooks but all are realistic about what the team actually is and so on at the same time with that part a big ?.
    I don't think we have a playoff team as is, unless we have perfect health and internal development. But that isn't important really. We are in mediocre world and capped out. That is the worst place to be in the NBA. Now, the only hope we have, is Rosas really does know what he is doing, and positions us to be able to capitalize on the next (or a near future) disgruntled star, or create space for a couple of REAL talented players to come here. That is a tough task man, a culture change takes a few years when done right, so I don't think any of us should be grading our new GM for at least another 2-3 years overall.

I think we all agree the team today might not exactly be the team to start the season, so as I say every offseason, let's see what late October brings, and then predict wins, etc. Until then, obviously it's always fun to chat about rumors, and any trades/signings, etc. At least this years NBA isn't like 3 teams and everyone else..

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I don't think we have a playoff team as is, unless we have perfect health and internal development. But that isn't important really. We are in mediocre world and capped out. That is the worst place to be in the NBA. Now, the only hope we have, is Rosas really does know what he is doing, and positions us to be able to capitalize on the next (or a near future) disgruntled star, or create space for a couple of REAL talented players to come here. That is a tough task man, a culture change takes a few years when done right, so I don't think any of us should be grading our new GM for at least another 2-3 years overall.

I think we all agree the team today might not exactly be the team to start the season, so as I say every offseason, let's see what late October brings, and then predict wins, etc. Until then, obviously it's always fun to chat about rumors, and any trades/signings, etc. At least this years NBA isn't like 3 teams and everyone else..
    Well you said 38-42 wins given a healthy year and he said low seeded playoff team 7/8. Those could potentially be the same thing is the point. 42 wins could be in your range and could also land us 8 seed. That's all I am getting at is basically the same idea/not very far off at all. Internal development would be nice haha.

I agree on where we are at but that was decided long ago with Thibs. That aspect is gone, we are here but we finally have a direction/will try and actually improve instead of being stuck in hostage. Very rarely is a team ever in a great spot in the NBA so what is important is understanding the situation you are in and making moves/trying to make moves based on that.

Ya we have to wait and see is the point. We need real talented players and in the one offseason we moved up in the draft to get one and then also made a play in FA that we supposedly just missed out on by most accounts (also leveraging our relationships to do so which is another positive sign moving forward if we use KAT to recruit). It is very unlikely to ever work but the ONLY way this franchise ever turns it around is with a good FO making the correct moves.

We didn't have that since Flip but we might again now. We can't grade the GM in total but we can decide if we like his approach so far and I do (draft, trying big in FA using different methods like sign and trade and relationships to make it possible at least, signing a couple cheap young bigs who fit our needs/modern nba when we miss out instead of old vets for minimal reasoning, bringing in the analytics stuff etc.). I like what I have seen so far, especially given our history you keep alluding to. Who knows if it works out of course though as no matter what it was always going to be a multi year process to improve from where we were like you say.