Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2448
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Agreed with everything you say here, but you did forget to mention that Thibs has yet to draft a player worth a **** (fingers crossed with Okogie and Diop)! Thibs equals dumpster fire!
    Ya Dunn didn't seem horrible (expected at time I think) but I remember wanting Murray. Markennen looks good but again maybe not a Thibs type.

It has just been regret since he got here for me. I mentioned it about 2 months in based off his coaching and was bummed at the trade etc. For us to get this low so fast would be shocking if we weren't the Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Butler has plenty of blame in the situation but all in all it comes down to Thibs allowing this BS. Trading for him knowing his personality, letting his attitude become an issue in locker room, being stubborn in negotiations apparently, begging Jimmy to come back despite the issues, supposedly knew earlier this summer he wanted out and so on.

Then add in the coaching issues which have been obvious each and every year (handling of Rubio, uses of Wiggins, ignoring Towns in favor of Wiggins, time management of players etc etc). Then add in the bad GM decisions that locked us into this problem of not being good enough. Then add in our flexibility/cap/tradable assets were all depleted in order for Thibs to create this circus show. We had the best young core in the NBA according to many when he took over (with 2 top 7 picks to add to it) and now we look like a dumpster fire with KAT as the only good piece due to his decision making.

Jimmy is at fault for being a diva with a poor attitude. Thibs is at fault for everything else related with our team going downhill so fast and was the key person making Jimmy decisions along the way. He even has past experience with Butler and there were articles from his time in chicago on his "leadership" issues so this isn't completely new.
    Jimmy just did an interview and says he CLEARLY told Thibs to trade him 4 days after the season ended. He also said he felt VERY disrespected about the contract offer and he made it clear Thibs is a huge part of the problem.

Jimmy just did an interview and says he CLEARLY told Thibs to trade him 4 days after the season ended. He also said he felt VERY disrespected about the contract offer and he made it clear Thibs is a huge part of the problem.
    I've seen parts but will have to watch whole thing later. I saw him go after the mentality of the team a little and if you read all the reports he has singled out Towns/Wiggins (and even Thibs/Layden). All of this and what has thibs been doing? What does thibs think? He is QUIET during it all and they are HAPPY afterwards with the intensity. When has thibs ever been quiet during a game but Butler just has free reign over everything? Like Butler shows up later, makes a scene, calls a bunch of people out vocally throughout, doesn't stretch/stay with team and instead heads to an interview he set up the night before because he knew he was gonna do it all. If he calls out thibs thats hilarious, who wants thibs around at this point?

We just signed these two young guys long term and they are getting trashed as soft, not winners etc. all over twitter and reddit due to Jimmy now and this entire scene and thibs just sits there doing nothing. He asked Jimmy to be showing up lol. He has to go, he is obviously our biggest problem and even the guy he sold out future for essentially now calls him out too.

All respect for Jimmy Butler just died. I'm all for pushing each other to be better, but you don't do it the way he did. Thibs and Jimmy need to be sent packing, tonight! Jimmy is acting out like a little kid with his "just sayin" explanation for his actions. He's not a professional, just a jerk. This is peak Twolves, folks haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

This is Officially a Dumpster Fire:

^^This was actually the title from an article about the Wolves that I was just reading online! SM ****ing H!
    Last edited by DW3421; 10-10-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Supposedly, Jimmy and KAT refused to take the same jet to the All-Star game last year! This **** has been brewing for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I maybe in the minority here, but I feel like Butler saying what he said is a good thing as well as him killing our starters with the 3rd stringers. It shows just how much of a difference maker he is and should only encourage a team like Miami to pick him up. I am in fact, 100% with him(if the rumors about him banging KAT's girlfriend are false) that he deserved a nice deal from the Wolves while neither KAT and certainly Wiggins did. This is exactly why I have relegated my MN sports fandom to checking the box scores - all of our male sports are trash and are not worth the stress of the investment.
    Butler is apparently pissed the Wolves wouldn't restructure his deal and max him out starting this season. But in order to do that, the rules say you need to create space, meaning we would need to trade/cut players. So it didn't make sense. I have been against giving Wiggins max money forever, it happened, moving on. Towns is getting that money. So would have Butler, but apparently waiting wasn't in his future. So he is pulling a dramatic Marbury move. Butler is showing such a high level of immaturity, I can't believe anyone would take him seriously at this point.

This doesn't help OUR team. I agree we coddle the **** out of Wiggins and Towns. But a small market team has minimal options when it comes to retaining young players. Let's remove Wiggins from this convo, because he is a worthless pile of ****. Towns is the future. If Butler doesn't understand that, too ****ing bad.

Thib's needs to go. If a partner for Butler doesn't pop up, make him play. If he acts out, fine him until he shuts up.

Honestly, I don't even care. I am so sick and tired of this team. From top to bottom, we are a laughingstock. I hope I am strong enough to just back off and boxscore watch this team at most. But, I will likely hate watch a game here and there, and come onto this board to rip the team to shreds.

I ****ing hate MN sports. Where the women dominate and the men suck at everything.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    All respect for Jimmy Butler just died. I'm all for pushing each other to be better, but you don't do it the way he did. Thibs and Jimmy need to be sent packing, tonight! Jimmy is acting out like a little kid with his "just sayin" explanation for his actions. He's not a professional, just a jerk. This is peak Twolves, folks haha
    yep. You don't put on a WWE show. What does this do to help this team long term? Nothing is the answer. Thib's should have told Jimmy to walk right back to the locker room the moment he started spouting off. This show does nothing positive. Nothing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Jimmy clearly has no understanding of how the cap works, or basic math.

I have come around to being fine with what Butler did. This team is a loser, always has been, and if he doesn't come in guns blazing, who will?

I am so sick of Wiggins and Towns efforts. Yet we reward them. I guarantee the reason Thib's didn't stop it is because Butler was doing exactly what he wishes he could do. Both are coddled far too much, and haven't earned ****. Towns I can stomach, Wiggins you know my opinion. It would drive me insane playing with Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I have come around to being fine with what Butler did. This team is a loser, always has been, and if he doesn't come in guns blazing, who will?

I am so sick of Wiggins and Towns efforts. Yet we reward them. I guarantee the reason Thib's didn't stop it is because Butler was doing exactly what he wishes he could do. Both are coddled far too much, and haven't earned ****. Towns I can stomach, Wiggins you know my opinion. It would drive me insane playing with Wiggins.
    If we are talking effort, Towns should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Wiggins again. I am not saying we should not ever question KAT's effort, but I am just saying there is no comparison between what KAT gives us effort-wise on a night to night basis and what Wiggs gives us!

If Butler told Thibs that he wanted to be gone 4 days after our season ended (even before contract offer) and Thibs with-held that information; is that not GM or VP malpractice?

And remember Jimmy said he clearly stated that he wasn't going to play here and to trade him! How much could we have gotten for him before the draft and before the rumors?

I selfishly want to watch this organization just melt by keeping him, and Butler just going awol. We will either:

- keep him and play him, injuries will sideline him
    - keep him and play him, the team is so dysfunctional that we continue to lose trade value and flip him for nothing at the deadline
    - the team plays so pissed off they win 57 games and win a playoff round

I am betting on #2, but regardless, it would be fun to watch the dramatics to some degree.

If we are talking effort, Towns should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Wiggins again. I am not saying we should not ever question KAT's effort, but I am just saying there is no comparison between what KAT gives us effort-wise on a night to night basis and what Wiggs gives us!

If Butler told Thibs that he wanted to be gone 4 days after our season ended (even before contract offer) and Thibs with-held that information; is that not GM or VP malpractice?

And remember Jimmy said he clearly stated that he wasn't going to play here and to trade him! How much could we have gotten for him before the draft and before the rumors?
    KAT needs to contribute outside scoring, badly. He plays harder, but still seems way to content.

Butler will play though. He is way too competitive to sit out, and he needs to remember whatever next team gets him, will be watching how he reacts to all of this. Butler isn't helping his long term plight with his actions, despite the fact he is 1000000000000000000000000000000000% right on with his assessments of this team.

My money is on Butler and Towns reconciling their differences during the season and Butler stays here for the next 5 years. I am not joking, that's my prediction.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    My money is on Butler and Towns reconciling their differences during the season and Butler stays here for the next 5 years. I am not joking, that's my prediction.
    Your either on something or on to something! I hope its the latter!