Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 176 of 177 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2641
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I agree and that's why I recommended Okongwu but as I said in the other thread I really want us to draft Haliburton. Even if we have to trade up to take him.

I love high energy players like Okogie but I think we need smart defenders to hide Towns and D'Lo's ineffieciencies.
    I think I'm with you, at least for now. Obviously a lot can and will change between now and the draft, but Okongwu seems the logical pick - but then at the same time, Rosas tends not to take the logical route.

I think right now we're on track for 4th or 5th pick - I know it's us, so we'll no doubt drop down 2 spots, but I think Haliburton should be within our grasp too. Not wanting to think too far into the future, but Russell/Haliburton would get pummelled by larger guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    One of the realities of this years FA's, is there isn't a lot of money to go around. Guys who don't understand how the market plays, how much inventory there will be out there for the shoppers, etc, just get burned sometimes. The cap is going to shrink a bit, there are only 2 teams with max space, and then the peons take what is left over.

I can't see Beasley getting more than 3/30, but that is just me.
    God I hope so.

I think he'll get closer to $15m per than $10m - time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I understand this whole draft prospect discussion, but we need some vets, bad. With Russel down, we are playing 2 2-way players, 3 rookies(1 being a 2nd rounder and one being undrafted) and a 2nd year player who still is raw. We can't win games with that next year and I don't know how I feel about adding another pick or two to that. I would rather reallocate those assets into a better veteran player. Ideally, involving Booker.
    I agree - almost across the board. We definitely need a another/vet PG. I know he's more of an undersized 2, but someone like Avery Bradley would be nice. Or a bit of a cheaper option, TJ McConnell.

It goes back to Draft Picks often being fool's gold. I mean, how often do picks outside of the lottery work out for us? This year, I would rank our rookies as follows:

J Mc
    Naz
    Kelan
    Culver
    Nowell

Our 3 undrafted rookies have been better than our 1st and 2nd round picks.

I am totally in the camp of moving at least one of our picks - and perhaps keeping one and taking a flyer on a high-risk/reward type, as I think starting next season we aim to not be in the lottery.

Need to keep losing whether we keep the pick or trade it, even if its a weak draft #1 pick will have a lot more value than #6

Talking about free agency. I am pretty sure we will try to retain Beasley, Hernandgomez - probably not. Here are the guys that would be on my radar:
    1) Austin Rivers(PO) - good all-around backup guard.
    2) Moe Harkless(U) - Can he play small ball PF?
    3) Jame Ennis(PO) - 3-Dish wing
    4) Jeremi Grant(PO) - would be my ideal free agent fit next to KAT in the front court, but he will be expensive and will likely stay in Denver
    5) Derrick Favors(U) - will probably cost a ton

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I understand this whole draft prospect discussion, but we need some vets, bad. With Russel down, we are playing 2 2-way players, 3 rookies(1 being a 2nd rounder and one being undrafted) and a 2nd year player who still is raw. We can't win games with that next year and I don't know how I feel about adding another pick or two to that. I would rather reallocate those assets into a better veteran player. Ideally, involving Booker.
    absolutely dude. We see teams who can lose or sit top guys and still tread water. They can do this because they have a roster full of guys who will be 5-10 year NBA players. We continually field 1/3 of the roster with guys who probably shouldn't even be wearing a uniform. That has to change.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    I agree - almost across the board. We definitely need a another/vet PG. I know he's more of an undersized 2, but someone like Avery Bradley would be nice. Or a bit of a cheaper option, TJ McConnell.

It goes back to Draft Picks often being fool's gold. I mean, how often do picks outside of the lottery work out for us? This year, I would rank our rookies as follows:

J Mc
    Naz
    Kelan
    Culver
    Nowell

Our 3 undrafted rookies have been better than our 1st and 2nd round picks.

I am totally in the camp of moving at least one of our picks - and perhaps keeping one and taking a flyer on a high-risk/reward type, as I think starting next season we aim to not be in the lottery.
    Yep, McLovin has been a great pickup. "Dude got game!"

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Yep, McLovin has been a great pickup. "Dude got game!"
    I just looked at his advanced numbers, damn, if he could hold that line (or even a little less) he would be a quality backup.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

It will be interesting to see what is available this summer and how aggressive we are. I think the FO has done a great job of putting us in a position to be aggressive whenever a top talent becomes available but otherwise we have enough to build a solid team around while we wait for said stud.

Looking it over and we seem to have a decent amount of cap lined up for next offseason if we decide to just stay put and make/keep our picks etc. The idea here being we could entice a good Fa next offseason while keeping all our young players and picks to build a support cast around Russell/Towns and said FA...

Russell/Culver
    Okogie/Beasley/Culver
    ?/Laymen
    ?/?
    Towns/Naz Reid

We can have this roster with our picks this season and then a good amount of cap for FA. If we sign Beasley to a contract of about 13 per season and make it so that next offseason is lowest cap # lets say 10 mil we could potentially have 30 mil with the above roster/nowell/our 3 picks this year. Giannis is the obvious prize that summer but George/Kawhi have player options and who knows with how much Kawhi has moved around maybe they both end up leaving. Also there are some RFA like John Collins and Jonothan Isaac who would seem to be great fits with the talent we have and maybe worth overpaying to steal away given where we are at overpaying wouldn't be an issue since we may only have one shot to add.

This isn't to say we should wait around for that FA period necessarily but I think we have positioned ourselves well where we now have a year or so period to evaluate our assets and continually be ready to trade for a 3rd star/stud level talent. If anyone becomes available (like Booker) we can jump on it but if not then we have a very young team to build around and keep growing while trying to prove to next years FA's we are worth a look/are building something.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 03-07-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what is available this summer and how aggressive we are. I think the FO has done a great job of putting us in a position to be aggressive whenever a top talent becomes available but otherwise we have enough to build a solid team around while we wait for said stud.

Looking it over and we seem to have a decent amount of cap lined up for next offseason if we decide to just stay put and make/keep our picks etc. The idea here being we could entice a good Fa next offseason while keeping all our young players and picks to build a support cast around Russell/Towns and said FA...

Russell/Culver
    Okogie/Beasley/Culver
    ?/Laymen
    ?/?
    Towns/Naz Reid

We can have this roster with our picks this season and then a good amount of cap for FA. If we sign Beasley to a contract of about 13 per season and make it so that next offseason is lowest cap # lets say 10 mil we could potentially have 30 mil with the above roster/nowell/our 3 picks this year. Giannis is the obvious prize that summer but George/Kawhi have player options and who knows with how much Kawhi has moved around maybe they both end up leaving. Also there are some RFA like John Collins and Jonothan Isaac who would seem to be great fits with the talent we have and maybe worth overpaying to steal away given where we are at overpaying wouldn't be an issue since we may only have one shot to add.

This isn't to say we should wait around for that FA period necessarily but I think we have positioned ourselves well where we now have a year or so period to evaluate our assets and continually be ready to trade for a 3rd star/stud level talent. If anyone becomes available (like Booker) we can jump on it but if not then we have a very young team to build around and keep growing while trying to prove to next years FA's we are worth a look/are building something.
    I am not really sold on this Beasley(I loved the previous one). In fact, I am more interested in resigning Juancho for a backup PF role. I feel comfortable with what Okogie brings playing at the 3, so my long-term lineup would be:
    PG: Russel/FA backup/draft late 1st
    SG: Culver/FA backup/draft 2nd
    SF: Okogie/Layman
    PF: Draft 1st/Johnson/ Spellman
    C: Towns/Reid
    I could definitely see an outside chance we are grooming Reid as the starting PF - I think he is taking huge strides on the defensive end since he became a starter. I still don't get the deal with Spellman. There is definitely some legit NBA talent there. I an fully on board trading everyone not named Towns or Russel for Booker, but I am not sure how the finances would work there. I am also on board doing the same for Beal, who I think is more attainable.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 03-11-2020 at 10:58 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

In addition, when I am talking trade for Booker/Beal, meaning going all offense, I would be at most willing to give up one of Okogie/Culver. Many may not agree, but I think they both have 2-way star potential. If I was talking pure championship contention, I would go hard after Jonathan Isaac of Orlando - this is our ultimate starting PF if we build around Towns. Let's just say you lose Culver in a trade for him, I think this lineup is a serious chip contender in 2022(no, seriously):
    PG: D'Lo, Mc'Lovin
    SG: Beasley, backup
    SF: Okogie, Layman
    PF: Isaac, Juancho, Spellman
    C: Towns, Reid.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Russell/Culver
    Okogie/Beasley/Culver
    ?/Laymen
    ?/?
    Towns/Naz Reid

I would LOVE Jonothan Isaac, he is exactly what we need to be honest (a versatile defender who blocks a ton of shots). His injury, and the FA money available this summer may give us a reasonable shot at a guy like that to be honest.

I am not really sold on this Beasley(I loved the previous one). In fact, I am more interested in resigning Juancho for a backup PF role. I feel comfortable with what Okogie brings playing at the 3, so my long-term lineup would be:
    PG: Russel/FA backup/draft late 1st
    SG: Culver/FA backup/draft 2nd
    SF: Okogie/Layman
    PF: Draft 1st/Johnson/ Spellman
    C: Towns/Reid
    I could definitely see an outside chance we are grooming Reid as the starting PF - I think he is taking huge strides on the defensive end since he became a starter. I still don't get the deal with Spellman. There is definitely some legit NBA talent there. I an fully on board trading everyone not named Towns or Russel for Booker, but I am not sure how the finances would work there. I am also on board doing the same for Beal, who I think is more attainable.
    I think Beasley and jh are both bench/role player types that I would retain at a decent price (one we could easily move if needed for example).

We have a lot of assets to trade going into this draft with a roughly top 5 pick, early teens/just out of lotto pick, we can add a future wolves pick and have culver/okogie plus a couple cheap contracts as well. Pick 5/15/future first and culver for example is a decent haul to be offering.

I agree beal seems more attainable. I'm not huge on the all offense type teams/core but we need another big talent so it's worth the risk for these types of talents with bigger offers still even if defense will be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I would LOVE Jonothan Isaac, he is exactly what we need to be honest (a versatile defender who blocks a ton of shots). His injury, and the FA money available this summer may give us a reasonable shot at a guy like that to be honest.
    I agree, he is one of my favorite pieces out there to add to our core, at least this type of player. I really wanted him to drop that draft but he went right before and we traded out etc...

As you guys get at he is such a great fit on this team. He already has a strong defensive impact on the game and is at least an ok shooter. An athletic forward with defense capable of shooting is a huge need and he is young with talent/upside as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should the wolves make a trade for Rudy Gobert? Jazz may want to trade him after his falling out with D. Mitchell. Could he play the 4? What would MN offer? His D is considered one of the best in the league.
    Last edited by m_witter2003; 04-10-2020 at 08:36 PM.