Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 167 of 177 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2641
    Apparently, there are rumors that Towns isn't happy with the Wolves. First, damn right he should be unhappy - we fn suck. Second, what exactly has he done to make sure we don't suck? Third, I would probably give the new regime at least a year or two to get their ducks in a row. Any thoughts?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Sad. We have waited too long to dump Wiggins. KAT made it clear he wanted Russell. KAT wanted Saunders to coach. Now he wants out. Is he really hurt or demanding a trade we haven't learned of?

I mean, would you want to be part of this franchise? Today, players have so much power, it's not a league where a small market team can afford to be terrible forever, yet here the Wolves are...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Apparently, there are rumors that Towns isn't happy with the Wolves. First, damn right he should be unhappy - we fn suck. Second, what exactly has he done to make sure we don't suck? Third, I would probably give the new regime at least a year or two to get their ducks in a row. Any thoughts?
    They won't trade him, no way. Too many years left on his deal for them to believe they can get it right. Even if we know they won't.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    They won't trade him, no way. Too many years left on his deal for them to believe they can get it right. Even if we know they won't.
    I mean, the Bucks might be losing their franchise player if they don't make it to the finals, and they have a brand new arena and a better supporting cast for Giannis. I have some faith in this regime. Once again, playing 3-4 G-Leaguers every night doesn't exactly equal wins. They were pretty good when they were healthy. I have some concerns with the coaching staff as our rotations don't make any sense to me. Our front office - I want to see some trades before I start evaluating anyone. Buying low on reclamation projects with some potential(Dennis Smith) would be a good start. To this day, my favorite offseason move the Wolves have ever made was signing B-Easy.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I feel like to keep Towns, we need to figure out what we would part with for either Booker or Russell. Need a PG to play pick and roll with Towns. Wiggins iso doesn’t mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    I feel like to keep Towns, we need to figure out what we would part with for either Booker or Russell. Need a PG to play pick and roll with Towns. Wiggins iso doesn’t mesh.
    I feel the same. I prefer Booker, but I think he may be untouchable. My big concern is how the Wolves are vastly better defensively when Towns, Wiggins and Teague are not in the lineup(Towns to a lesser extent). I really hope we find a way to dump Wiggins this summer and get a youngish roleplayer for Teague's expiring. Obviously I would also love to move Dieng and would like to move Roco for a younger piece. I think the wolves have the ammunition to become quite good, they just need to start realizing it.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I would like Kuzma.

Not sure for what - Teague?

Quote Originally Posted by SDvikes View Post
    I would like Kuzma.

Not sure for what - Teague?

We could probably swap Napier as LA is looking for another guard. I'm not sure Kuzma fits in our team though. He log jams an already crowded backcourt with Vonhleh, towns, bell, Covington, and Dieng.

I'm not sure that he really fits in all that well with our team either... he is an extremely streaky shooter and isn't exactly known as a lockdown defender.

I think it is time though that we start to shop Gorgi as his stock has to be rising with him playing so well on the court with towns out. If we can pick up a first or a nice young piece for him we should do it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    We could probably swap Napier as LA is looking for another guard. I'm not sure Kuzma fits in our team though. He log jams an already crowded backcourt with Vonhleh, towns, bell, Covington, and Dieng.

I'm not sure that he really fits in all that well with our team either... he is an extremely streaky shooter and isn't exactly known as a lockdown defender.

I think it is time though that we start to shop Gorgi as his stock has to be rising with him playing so well on the court with towns out. If we can pick up a first or a nice young piece for him we should do it immediately.
    I like Kuzma, and I think even though he is listed as a PF, he is a wing. He doesn't really defend, but he has definitely shown potential in his first two seasons. I mean, if the Lakers would be willing to swap Kuzma for Napier straight up, i'd do it(even though it leaves us thin at lead guard and Napier is actually sneaky good).

Dieng is a different story. His contract is what makes him difficult to trade, although he has transformed his game into a modern( he has already taken 20 more threes than he did last season and he hits at a decent percentage). I mean, frankly, I have always felt like he was underrated and actually a quality starter if given opportunity. Not sure his 3pt prowess outweighs his bloated contract, but he has definitely made a case for someone looking for a modern big to acquire him. Though I have to say, if we were "close" to competing, he is exactly the type of player I'd want on my bench. A guy that doesn't complain about minutes, goes out there and gets crap done and doesn't actually fall of the cliff when you increase his usage.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I like Kuzma, and I think even though he is listed as a PF, he is a wing. He doesn't really defend, but he has definitely shown potential in his first two seasons. I mean, if the Lakers would be willing to swap Kuzma for Napier straight up, i'd do it(even though it leaves us thin at lead guard and Napier is actually sneaky good).

Dieng is a different story. His contract is what makes him difficult to trade, although he has transformed his game into a modern( he has already taken 20 more threes than he did last season and he hits at a decent percentage). I mean, frankly, I have always felt like he was underrated and actually a quality starter if given opportunity. Not sure his 3pt prowess outweighs his bloated contract, but he has definitely made a case for someone looking for a modern big to acquire him. Though I have to say, if we were "close" to competing, he is exactly the type of player I'd want on my bench. A guy that doesn't complain about minutes, goes out there and gets crap done and doesn't actually fall of the cliff when you increase his usage.

Let's face it. The only thing we can do is rebuild around towns. Keep Towns and Culver and trade everyone else asap. This team is not going to work with a quick build up adding high paid vets that aren't matching their performance. This would be a huge disservice to our future to do this. We don't need Russell Westbrook or Paul type of players here on bloated contracts near the end of their careers.

The only way we win as a team is to go back to the drawing board with the draft and get a bit lucky on a few players. Trading everyone except Culver and Towns is basically were we need to start. Draft another guard in the first round, trade off as many assets as we can and get anything for Wiggins while we can. This roster is not set to compete now or in the future. If towns get pissy trade his *** off too and just completely restart. This team was ****ed completely for years in a row by Khan and Thibs. Its time to let our new GM build the roster the correct way for championships rather then 8th seeds and first round exits.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Let's face it. The only thing we can do is rebuild around towns. Keep Towns and Culver and trade everyone else asap. This team is not going to work with a quick build up adding high paid vets that aren't matching their performance. This would be a huge disservice to our future to do this. We don't need Russell Westbrook or Paul type of players here on bloated contracts near the end of their careers.

The only way we win as a team is to go back to the drawing board with the draft and get a bit lucky on a few players. Trading everyone except Culver and Towns is basically were we need to start. Draft another guard in the first round, trade off as many assets as we can and get anything for Wiggins while we can. This roster is not set to compete now or in the future. If towns get pissy trade his *** off too and just completely restart. This team was ****ed completely for years in a row by Khan and Thibs. Its time to let our new GM build the roster the correct way for championships rather then 8th seeds and first round exits.
    When we are talking Russel, we are talking D'Lo Russel, I hope that's clear. And we are going to ship all of our vets minus Wiggins, or at least that's what I am expecting. As far as building for championships, even "the plan" in Philly isn't exactly bearing fruit. We have been drafting better ever since flip showed up here and it has continued under this new regime. I mean, we have "drafted" 3 players this year and they all project to be solid nba players(Culver, Nowell, Reid). In my opinion, we are not far off from being a good team: 1) Get rid of Wiggins - simple addition by subtraction. 2) Ship out Teague - ditto. 3) Trade RoCo for a young-ish all-star type guard: D'Lo, Booker, Beal, McCollum, Simmons(if the rumors are true), VanVleet(yeah, I put him here), DeJounte Murray(my personal favorite), etc.

In fact, I think points 1&2 get you a respectable team that plays hard every night. The problem with your "draft another guard" scenario is that this draft is insanely weak.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 01-07-2020 at 11:16 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

If Rosas is given time, he may be able to turn things around a bit. He made good under the radar signings this summer, but he is coming into a team with 2 young max contracts, one of which is a joke but you have to play him to keep his value, and a team without any balance at all, nor the modern skillsets to compete. I would imagine the roster will look much different by the trade deadline next season. For the better? We shall see. Until Taylor dies/sells, it's very difficult to ever believe in the Wolves.

Well Culver is starting to look good which is nice to see. Still happy with that trade we made to get him. If he can just become a decent shooter he is going to be a very solid player.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Well Culver is starting to look good which is nice to see. Still happy with that trade we made to get him. If he can just become a decent shooter he is going to be a very solid player.
    Me after every game I have ever watched Rubio play. Culver's shot is so broken, it's not even funny. Also, on a different note, Teague and Wiggins are back and we are back to allowing trash teams to score 120 points on us. Wolves, trade these scrubs before I lose all of my interest in this franchise.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1: