Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 188 of 191 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2861
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya the issue with it being this year is a very good top of the draft class along with needing time to develop around the Russell/towns duo (aka think we are still expected to be a lotto top 10ish pick type team). I just looked into the class more the other night and there are multiple guys that will be higher than anyone from last years draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, add it to the long list of shortsighted, and/or stupid moves we have made. That being said, getting rid of Wiggins had to be a HUGE priority, as did getting D-Lo. Otherwise the pick wouldn't have gone in the trade.

Have you ever looked into Pelton's worth of draft picks? I can't remember where I saw it exactly (ESPN for sure), but the picks are all valued a certain way. If Rosas deemed a pick in the 8-14 range along with Wiggins to be less valuable than D-Lo, it explains the trade. He may also understand how to acquire a pick to replace it, albeit maybe not the same number.

I get we want to look at each draft class with a sense of hope, but we really have no idea how next years draft class will compare to this years, until 3-4 years from now. And in the world of being a GM in pro sports, you want to look down the line, but you don't want to look too far...it could cost you your job.

I still don't feel this roster is even remotely set. I think we see more turnover yet this year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, add it to the long list of shortsighted, and/or stupid moves we have made. That being said, getting rid of Wiggins had to be a HUGE priority, as did getting D-Lo. Otherwise the pick wouldn't have gone in the trade.

Have you ever looked into Pelton's worth of draft picks? I can't remember where I saw it exactly (ESPN for sure), but the picks are all valued a certain way. If Rosas deemed a pick in the 8-14 range along with Wiggins to be less valuable than D-Lo, it explains the trade. He may also understand how to acquire a pick to replace it, albeit maybe not the same number.

I get we want to look at each draft class with a sense of hope, but we really have no idea how next years draft class will compare to this years, until 3-4 years from now. And in the world of being a GM in pro sports, you want to look down the line, but you don't want to look too far...it could cost you your job.

I still don't feel this roster is even remotely set. I think we see more turnover yet this year.
    I dunno that it was shortsighted or stupid necessarily, it looks very risky or like it could end up that way though. I agree, the priority was getting Dlo for Wiggins contract and there is value in that. We just don't know how conversations went, maybe they demanded it be our 21 and the most they would give is a top 3 protection as opposed to changing to 22 (I am sure they knew the draft class).

We never have any idea and it is hope but it's not just like hoping your pick is the best. Sure we could be the Darko anyways but the point is the class seems much better from a scouting viewpoint than this year in an overall comparison of talent group. This was something talked about this year I just didn't realize who was gonna be in the draft until recently looking over the players/resumes/projections.

I agree we likely have more moves as it doesn't seem set, that's another reason trading a further out pick would have been better giving time to build around the duo like I mentioned. It's not the end of the world and we don't know how it plays out but it would have been nice if it was our 22 unprotected even imo. Next year I think we probably still miss the playoffs and the draft seems deep with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I dunno that it was shortsighted or stupid necessarily, it looks very risky or like it could end up that way though. I agree, the priority was getting Dlo for Wiggins contract and there is value in that. We just don't know how conversations went, maybe they demanded it be our 21 and the most they would give is a top 3 protection as opposed to changing to 22 (I am sure they knew the draft class).

We never have any idea and it is hope but it's not just like hoping your pick is the best. Sure we could be the Darko anyways but the point is the class seems much better from a scouting viewpoint than this year in an overall comparison of talent group. This was something talked about this year I just didn't realize who was gonna be in the draft until recently looking over the players/resumes/projections.

I agree we likely have more moves as it doesn't seem set, that's another reason trading a further out pick would have been better giving time to build around the duo like I mentioned. It's not the end of the world and we don't know how it plays out but it would have been nice if it was our 22 unprotected even imo. Next year I think we probably still miss the playoffs and the draft seems deep with talent.
    Pick value is something Rosas should understand, coming from the Morey led Rox. That being said, we may have had very strong motivations to swap Wiggins for D-Lo, and the pick was collateral damage, end of discussion. If the Morey Rox showed anything, it's that they understand pick value, and are able to get in/out of the draft at will. I hope Rosas picked that skill up....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I bet Minnesota trades for Harden

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I bet Minnesota trades for Harden
    I really, really hope not. It would force me to not care much about them. Wiggins almost ran me off. Harden will for sure.

I really, really hope not. It would force me to not care much about them. Wiggins almost ran me off. Harden will for sure.
    Yep, same here.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

MASSIVE TRADE IDEA.....Thoughts.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc7z98om

PHILLY' s new era begins with a bang!!
    WARRIORS becomes golden again.
    TWOLVES's new backcourt

Sounds like Marvin Bagley will be on the market. Id like MN to make a move. The kings would probably love to send him to a “non-contender.”

https://clutchpoints.com/3-best-trad...in-bagley-iii/
    Last edited by m_witter2003; 01-07-2021 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Add link

Wolves are interested in PJ Tucker from Houston.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...1MU?li=BBnbfcL

Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    Wolves are interested in PJ Tucker from Houston.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...1MU?li=BBnbfcL
    he is old as crap but still a good defender, I would take him

I wrote before that I consider him a valuable addition

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I wrote before that I consider him a valuable addition
    who, Tucker? He is, but I wonder if his expiring is even worth sending out assets in an essentially lost season or not. I guess we should stop caring about the future, as this team has shown no ability to ever improve or change the culture, instead being content winning 25 games a year and just showing up..

who, Tucker? He is, but I wonder if his expiring is even worth sending out assets in an essentially lost season or not. I guess we should stop caring about the future, as this team has shown no ability to ever improve or change the culture, instead being content winning 25 games a year and just showing up..
    They seem to always acquire "Win-now" type players a year or two after they would have useful (this year, see Rubio or Ed Davis). PJ Tucker would seem to fit that narrative.

This season feels like so many over the past 15 years. In my Timberwolves crystal ball I see the following things the rest of the way:

Edwards and or Culver will show flashes in March and April that talk us into him being a legit piece going into next year(probably justifiably so but can't help but think of Flynn, Wes Johnson, D.Williams, etc. showing promise in the latter parts of lost seasons).

A stretch of games where they are all healthy and go 7-3 in ten games and we wonder what could have been if they stayed healthy all year.

Some random 2-way player or ten-day contract will get people excited.

They will have a really impressive win against a really good team like the Lakers, Bucks, Clippers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowKG View Post
    They seem to always acquire "Win-now" type players a year or two after they would have useful (this year, see Rubio or Ed Davis). PJ Tucker would seem to fit that narrative.

This season feels like so many over the past 15 years. In my Timberwolves crystal ball I see the following things the rest of the way:

Edwards and or Culver will show flashes in March and April that talk us into him being a legit piece going into next year(probably justifiably so but can't help but think of Flynn, Wes Johnson, D.Williams, etc. showing promise in the latter parts of lost seasons).

A stretch of games where they are all healthy and go 7-3 in ten games and we wonder what could have been if they stayed healthy all year.

Some random 2-way player or ten-day contract will get people excited.

They will have a really impressive win against a really good team like the Lakers, Bucks, Clippers, etc.
    Yeah, I think this about sums up my expectations at this point.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

You have summed that up perfect. The only thing I am saddened about is that this upcoming draft was hyped up so much and I just don't see it. I don't see a Ja Morant/ John Wall/Chris Paul type PG where it is a can't miss player. I like Evan Mobley but I don't know how great of a fit that would be. Overall I am just very disappointed this season.