Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2487
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    While this is the theoretically correct, there are more factors to take into account.
    Covington is the heart and soul of this team. In the way Rubio was. He is the leader, not Towns.
    And most importantly he is the guy who pusses Towns and teaches Okogie.
    Would I say no to the trade Hawk proposed? I don't know. It needs a lot of thought
    D9o we want to be the ones to pay a 31 year old Cov $20 million a year? I love him, but he is not essential in todays NBA compared to an excellent offensive ball handler. Now if they suddenly allow hand checking again to rope in these video game scores we see now, Covs value skies.

Lottery protected pick cov and Teague is a pretty clear yes to me tbh, we need a good guard to run the offense and he might be a long term solution next to towns. Long term Russell/okogie/culver/Wiggins/towns with the need for a replacement 3/d sf/pf type in that core. Development and good role players added that could be something very good even if not championship. You hit on a pick or win a trade and watch out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a little cautious.
    On the one hand I understand that if the opportunity comes we should grab it.
    On the other I explained some reasons why not before.
    Okogie's perfect role right now for maximum impact is off the bench. For development purposes you could start him

I was wondering how we could make a trade with the Celtics for Dieng.
    I think they could be interested but I can't make it work realistically

I was wondering how we could make a trade with the Celtics for Dieng.
    I think they could be interested but I can't make it work realistically
    I think we will hold on to Dieng. Look, he is overpaid(not vastly) but quite a bit, however he is a good efficient player and an above average rim defender. To trade him this year we would likely have to sweeten the deal, however next year, the situation drastically changes. 2021 free agent class is likely going to be massive and there are once again going to be teams wanting to dump salary to have a crack at the top free agents. Dieng's contract becomes really, really valuable by trade deadline next year. As far as a trade with Boston goes, Dieng for Smart straight up works fine.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 11-10-2019 at 04:00 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I love Dieng. The reason why I proposed it is because of what Saunders said about his playing time (We know he is good, but the style we are playing prevents us from playing him). And also because I think he would be a good fit for BOS.
    Now I am not sure they are willing to let go of Smart. He is playing 30mpg

I love Dieng. The reason why I proposed it is because of what Saunders said about his playing time (We know he is good, but the style we are playing prevents us from playing him). And also because I think he would be a good fit for BOS.
    Now I am not sure they are willing to let go of Smart. He is playing 30mpg
    I think it's a good idea, but as you said hard to make the $ work.

He'd immediately become their best center.

As Oefarmy said, I think we'd have to attach at least one asset for someone to consider trading for him before next year, though.

Right now, I don't think Boston would want to mess with what seems to be working (8-1).

The thing is we are in a situation where we have a good player that we can't use to full extent due to our style of play.
    If we can get something for him that is great. If we need to add a pick then I don't know.
    Unless it's for a player that would greatly improve us.
    That said a backcourt of Smart and Culver (the player we envision him to be not the one we are watching now, who is looking to adjust) should be fun

The thing is we are in a situation where we have a good player that we can't use to full extent due to our style of play.
    If we can get something for him that is great. If we need to add a pick then I don't know.
    Unless it's for a player that would greatly improve us.
    That said a backcourt of Smart and Culver (the player we envision him to be not the one we are watching now, who is looking to adjust) should be fun
    Smart would be strictly a rotation player. If he is your starter you are in trouble.
    P.S. Wiggins playing as an above average NBA player will probably not last long, but, he has definitely tightened his handles. Through the first 10 games he has the lowest turnover percentage on our team considering he handles the ball a ton.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Smart would be strictly a rotation player. If he is your starter you are in trouble.
    P.S. Wiggins playing as an above average NBA player will probably not last long, but, he has definitely tightened his handles. Through the first 10 games he has the lowest turnover percentage on our team considering he handles the ball a ton.
    10 games man. But yes, he looks totally improved with his ball handling. The effort level is, and will always be his issue. And even in his improved state, if it continues, will he still be that player when we add a player like Russell who takes the ball out of his hands? Or will he stand in the corner pouting? I like what I see from him, but the concerns haven't dissipated at all.

Have not watched Smart that much. I was under the impression he needed a more important role to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    10 games man. But yes, he looks totally improved with his ball handling. The effort level is, and will always be his issue. And even in his improved state, if it continues, will he still be that player when we add a player like Russell who takes the ball out of his hands? Or will he stand in the corner pouting? I like what I see from him, but the concerns haven't dissipated at all.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Same here. I just hope he plays well enough to be moved by the trade deadline(if we have a path to get Russel). I have already mentioned that I would love to ship Wiggins(as part of a package) to Phoenix in exchange for Booker and get the Three Amigos together. I know that team would be bad on D, but maybe if you space them out with good defenders like Okogie and Bell you have something?

C: KAT
    PF: Bell(Vonleh, or a similar player)
    SF: Okogie
    SG: Booker
    PG: Russel

I personally think that's a good lineup for the modern NBA.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Smart's a good player dude!

He's probably not an ideal fit for us - we have enough players that can't shoot. And you probably couldn't play him with Okogie, Graham or Culver (at least for now).

You're probably right, he's better as a rotation player - he is someone though who becomes extremely valuable in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Smart's a good player dude!

He's probably not an ideal fit for us - we have enough players that can't shoot. And you probably couldn't play him with Okogie, Graham or Culver (at least for now).

You're probably right, he's better as a rotation player - he is someone though who becomes extremely valuable in the playoffs.
    He is basically Okogie with a better handle but worse shot. I like him a lot, but he is not a starter.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1: