Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 168 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2619
  1. #2506
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Me after every game I have ever watched Rubio play. Culver's shot is so broken, it's not even funny. Also, on a different note, Teague and Wiggins are back and we are back to allowing trash teams to score 120 points on us. Wolves, trade these scrubs before I lose all of my interest in this franchise.
    Teague is gone after this year regardless. But yeah man, I literally can't watch Wiggins (and struggle to watch Towns whine instead of getting back on D) anymore. Not for a minute. Like Harden hate level at this point. Wiggins is obviously the cherry on top of my fanhood checkout, but to watch him loaf around and waste talent, yet be rewarded for it, shows me why I don't like the NBA anymore. Players have way too much power. His lack of effort gets him benched in any level/league in the universe. Cept the NBA. There it gets him a max deal, and 35 mpg. **** that noise bro

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #2507
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,352
    I am really disappointed that we are not making any moves.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  3. #2508
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,797
    I'd be surprised if we don't find some deal for covington whether we actually make a good deal or bad deal

  4. #2509
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I am really disappointed that we are not making any moves.
    agreed. Haven't watched them in a while, but we started out hot enough to play ourselves out of a decent draft position. We need to start making some trades to right the ship when they present themselves. Teague going away does nothing for our cap, so may as well trade him for something..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #2510
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    I'd be surprised if we don't find some deal for covington whether we actually make a good deal or bad deal
    Oh he is gone man. But just a matter of whether its the trade deadline, or this summer. But we have literally zero use for him. And that sucks, cause he is the ultimate glue guy on a great team, ala weak mans Draymond. But with us? He is useless, and holds no value outside anyone who still thinks mentoring is a thing..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #2511
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,352
    I really don't get this particular move, something else must be in the works, right?(Teague+Graham for Crabbe). The problem is, we are over the cap, so we can't add anything to Crabbe in a trade. Maybe something with the Knicks is in the works, like Crabbe for DSJ+Morris?


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  7. #2512
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I really don't get this particular move, something else must be in the works, right?(Teague+Graham for Crabbe). The problem is, we are over the cap, so we can't add anything to Crabbe in a trade. Maybe something with the Knicks is in the works, like Crabbe for DSJ+Morris?
    Everyone traded is expiring so I think in part we wanted to get touches to guys like culver giving him more creating opportunities instead of letting Teague dribble the ball a ton just to dump him at the end of the year.

    I also wouldn't be surprised if we are still going for Russell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2513
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,352
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Everyone traded is expiring so I think in part we wanted to get touches to guys like culver giving him more creating opportunities instead of letting Teague dribble the ball a ton just to dump him at the end of the year.

    I also wouldn't be surprised if we are still going for Russell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We need a lead guard, bad. I would throw the kitchen sink at SA to try and pry Murray from them, like literally anything other than KAT. Dude is going to be such a stud(already is).


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  9. #2514
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,551
    Any of you still want to try and tell us Wiggins will get it eventually? Or have you accepted he is a waste of life?

  10. #2515
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Any of you still want to try and tell us Wiggins will get it eventually? Or have you accepted he is a waste of life?
    He just is what he is now.

    He'll go for 30 tomorrow night and then 5 the night after.

    We're stuck with him now though, for at least another two years - no one's going near that contract.

  11. #2516
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,551
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    He just is what he is now.

    He'll go for 30 tomorrow night and then 5 the night after.

    We're stuck with him now though, for at least another two years - no one's going near that contract.
    He has been what he is since birth. He doesn't care about excelling at anything. His whole life has been provided for him, he has literally zero.self awareness, or motivation, and skates by on talent alone. Basically a chronic underperformer.

    How anyone has defended this fker the last 3 years is beyond me. Towns is slowly joining him for me. Zip effort, except when he can score. At least we felt Love maximized his physical ability. Towns is just wasting his loafing around on D and not giving a ****. These 2 max deals need to go.

  12. #2517
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    He has been what he is since birth. He doesn't care about excelling at anything. His whole life has been provided for him, he has literally zero.self awareness, or motivation, and skates by on talent alone. Basically a chronic underperformer.

    How anyone has defended this fker the last 3 years is beyond me. Towns is slowly joining him for me. Zip effort, except when he can score. At least we felt Love maximized his physical ability. Towns is just wasting his loafing around on D and not giving a ****. These 2 max deals need to go.
    I agree with both. I a have never particularly loved Towns(his personality I mean) and now am transitioning into to the full-on hate band wagon. Honestly, Towns frustrates me more than Wiggins at this point. A lot of other forums are putting the blame almost squarely on Saunders and I guess I see the point. He has been awful coaching, specifically in-game decisions, this year. Seriously, I like 4 players on this team - that's it - RoCo, Dieng, Okogie and Culver(and probably Napier). Everyone else can go and I wouldn't miss them. As I have said before, this team was a better team when both Towns and Wiggins were not in the lineup. Yes, they didn't have the talent to play against the big boys, but boy did they try. Once Towns and Wiggins returned, everyone else stopped giving a **** as well, because why try when your two "star" players don't give a damn about winning games. The only good thing about this is we keep on losing games(we have ZERO chance of making the playoffs at this point), the bad thing is, this draft is motherfn awful and we need to move whatever pick we get.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  13. #2518
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I agree with both. I a have never particularly loved Towns(his personality I mean) and now am transitioning into to the full-on hate band wagon. Honestly, Towns frustrates me more than Wiggins at this point. A lot of other forums are putting the blame almost squarely on Saunders and I guess I see the point. He has been awful coaching, specifically in-game decisions, this year. Seriously, I like 4 players on this team - that's it - RoCo, Dieng, Okogie and Culver(and probably Napier). Everyone else can go and I wouldn't miss them. As I have said before, this team was a better team when both Towns and Wiggins were not in the lineup. Yes, they didn't have the talent to play against the big boys, but boy did they try. Once Towns and Wiggins returned, everyone else stopped giving a **** as well, because why try when your two "star" players don't give a damn about winning games. The only good thing about this is we keep on losing games(we have ZERO chance of making the playoffs at this point), the bad thing is, this draft is motherfn awful and we need to move whatever pick we get.
    Yep, exactly. This team is very hard to watch. Nothing likeable about them outside a few role players.

  14. #2519
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,030
    It will be interesting to see if we make any moves with deadline coming up, Covington seems coveted.

    If we are planning a run for Russell without using Cov (aka we plan to compete), I think we would need a secondary trade as well given where we are at. Our lottery pick this year, future firsts, Okogie, Wiggins/Dieng contracts all could move out in various forms.

    I am not sure what all is available out there but if we can pull off a Wiggins+for Russell it would be huge for us to have leftover assets. I am not sure what Toronto's plan will be with old Lowry/Ibaka/Gasol but if they do a rebuild come next year I would try hard for Siakim with our lottery/future picks if they go rebuild route.

    If we land a higher pick than GS for example:

    Wiggins+Okogie+Wolves pick for Russell+GS pick

    GS lottery pick+2 future wolves picks+Nowell and Reid say as throw ins with Dieng expiring for Siakim.



    This is the only type of moves I can see right now that get us into a competitive direction that makes sense. We are stuck in the middle hoping Culver pans out and knowing towns is our key piece. If we can keep Covington and make two separate moves for individual talent then we have a legitimate team heading into next year. The above is best case scenario though and we likely will have a hard time making two moves of that level with our current assets. I do think this FO is going to be aggressive though, maybe Aaron Gordon type of move if not Siakim but a young defensive forward to go with bringing in Russell.

  15. #2520
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,700
    Why would GS even touch Wiggins?
    I am starting to get worried if this obsession with Russell is going to harm us. There are other options out there and that's a rarity. Cause there are only so many good PGs in the league.
    There is the option of Jrue Holiday and then Spencer Dinwiddie. ESPECIALLY if we don't have to give up Covington (doubtful).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •