Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 164 of 176 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2631
    I don't think 'getting his buddies together' is a solid plan moving forward. What if we decide we need to move one of them because it is not working out? Well that's a good way to piss off KAT and make him want to leave. Not to mention his buddies might not be the best personnel fit or make the most financial sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    I don't think 'getting his buddies together' is a solid plan moving forward. What if we decide we need to move one of them because it is not working out? Well that's a good way to piss off KAT and make him want to leave. Not to mention his buddies might not be the best personnel fit or make the most financial sense.
    Going after Russell is a half-measure than. You are already targeting his buddy. I personally think that Booker would be a perfect fit next to Towns. In fact, I think he'd be a better fit than Russell.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Honestly, if I am building this team around KAT, I get him and his buddies together. Basically:
    1) Trade Wiggins, Culver + top 3 protected first for Devin Booker
    2) Trade whoever you have to trade to GS and get Russel when GS is ready to move him.

I think that KAT, Booker, Russel + right role-players is a contender in the modern NBA in year or two. At least, if I was playing NBA2K GM mode, that would be my first build.
    Love that trio offensively. But perhaps the worst defensive trio in the game. So, as you said build around, and that means defense and shooting

I would offer GS Teague and Covington for Russell from now up until the trade deadline. Teague could at least give them a meh option while Curry recovers, and Covington will be huge for them when Curry/Klay/Green are healthy later in the year. We would get our lead guard of the future, Okogie could replace what Covington does, and Teague is gone anyways.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I would offer GS Teague and Covington for Russell from now up until the trade deadline. Teague could at least give them a meh option while Curry recovers, and Covington will be huge for them when Curry/Klay/Green are healthy later in the year. We would get our lead guard of the future, Okogie could replace what Covington does, and Teague is gone anyways.
    I think we all agreed on that package a long time ago. Unfortunately, Russel is not trade eligible until Dec 15. I also expect them to ask for a protected 1st(or the 2022 second rounder - the double year).

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I think we all agreed on that package a long time ago. Unfortunately, Russel is not trade eligible until Dec 15. I also expect them to ask for a protected 1st(or the 2022 second rounder - the double year).
    I agree they would ask for the pick but I'd tell them to stick it in their ear. When you factor in offense, defense and contracts, RoCo has FAR more value than Russell.

oh I meant get the offer to them in initial structure. I imagine Rosas won't want to let go of a pick, but who knows how highly he values Russell compared to me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    I agree they would ask for the pick but I'd tell them to stick it in their ear. When you factor in offense, defense and contracts, RoCo has FAR more value than Russell.
    Does he though? Look, Covington's value is being negated here, because we are asking, hell forcing, him into a role offensively he has zero business doing. In fact, couldn't it be argued that RoCo's trade value will never be higher? He is 28, has 2 more years after this one on a great deal, and then he will likely be looking for something far richer, while hitting his 30s. If anything, now is the time to trade him, since what he is doesn't matter for us as much as it does GS, or a team that can stick him in the corner offensively, and let him concentrate on defending. Likewise, Russell holds WAY more value for us than he does for GS, who simply took him/extended him in a trade to be able to be in a position to make a trade like this.

I think Teague/Cov for Russell makes sense for us and question his fit on GS (just not sure if enough value for them back compared to other offers). I am not sure how good Russell is but I think that is a chance worth taking for sure. I like Cov but considering value wise,timeline wise, Culver/Okogie and given our need for offense it pushes towards making the move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think Teague/Cov for Russell makes sense for us and question his fit on GS (just not sure if enough value for them back compared to other offers). I am not sure how good Russell is but I think that is a chance worth taking for sure. I like Cov but considering value wise,timeline wise, Culver/Okogie and given our need for offense it pushes towards making the move imo.
    yep. Look Cov is valuable. As a 4-5th option you can hide on offense and being a defender. We can't offer him that role. Our timeline just doesn't match. We need offense so badly, amd we have at least 1 wing defender 5 years younger and cheaper that can take his spot. Where he does hold value is on a team flush with offense and in need of defenders/utility guys.

The problem is, Okogie lacks Cov's size and is not the defender Cov is (although very good). Plus, you may have to hide Cov on offense, but he is much better offensively compared to Okogie.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    The problem is, Okogie lacks Cov's size and is not the defender Cov is (although very good). Plus, you may have to hide Cov on offense, but he is much better offensively compared to Okogie.
    Cov isn't sticking PGs, Okogie can. Point is Josh can handle 1-3, Cov 2-4. Replaceable for sure, especially considering value/age/upcoming $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Cov isn't sticking PGs, Okogie can. Point is Josh can handle 1-3, Cov 2-4. Replaceable for sure, especially considering value/age/upcoming $$.
    Plus we need a lead guard of Russel's caliber in a BAD way!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Plus we need a lead guard of Russel's caliber in a BAD way!
    Right, that is all I mean. Look, Covington is exactly what you need to build a great team. A low priced, defensive vet who can guard multiple positions and hit the occasional 3. But on our team, we can't use him correctly, he negates his defensive value by being put in a position offensively he shouldn't be, and frankly, other teams will covet him for the exact role he should be used in. On the flip side, we are in such desperate need for a playmaking ball handler, we have to do something. I wouldn't trade Cov to trade him obviously, that is ridiculous. But what I am getting at, or have been trying to get at, is that while what Cov does is necessary, we have a couple guys, especially Okogie, who can basically replicate that skillset down the line, and if it means we can get a legit all star, or future all star guard back in a deal, it's a no brainer for me.

GS is the example I keep using. They have no need for Russell long term, their 3 stars are already signed long term, and they don't need another high dollar, high usage guy, they need depth, and inexpensive defenders. We can offer them Covington, salary relief in Teague, and a protected pick for Russell. That kind of trade helps both teams.

Losing Covington will hurt our defense. Yes. But he is also by far and away our best asset to get back a proven offensive player, which we need terribly.

While this is the theoretically correct, there are more factors to take into account.
    Covington is the heart and soul of this team. In the way Rubio was. He is the leader, not Towns.
    And most importantly he is the guy who pusses Towns and teaches Okogie.
    Would I say no to the trade Hawk proposed? I don't know. It needs a lot of thought