Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 169 of 187 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2796
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Why would GS even touch Wiggins?
    I am starting to get worried if this obsession with Russell is going to harm us. There are other options out there and that's a rarity. Cause there are only so many good PGs in the league.
    There is the option of Jrue Holiday and then Spencer Dinwiddie. ESPECIALLY if we don't have to give up Covington (doubtful).
    I am not overly sure why anyone would want him tbh but in the main forum a little back a couple gs posters said they were waiting for it to happen.

I think at the very least Russell isn't a fit there and will be moved once the team is healthy. They can't play curry and Russell together, it hurts their individual value and kills gs on the defensive end.

Wiggins fits in size/position but ya not sure what would make them interested. We definitely need to make a couple moves to be relevant though not just one. Russell will make sense as a main target until he is traded but there are certainly others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that GS supporters are thinking they will get Wiggins surpasses me. And to avoid missunderstandings I was just surprised by your post cause I've been banging my head to find someone willing to take him
    Yeah good luck with that me!

I am starting to feel that with this current group of players, we really need a player with size/defense at the point of attack. I am thinking Marcus Smart/Chris Dunn is who I'd be targeting as my starting guard, seeing that Towns can't(doesn't want to) guard the P&R.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I am starting to feel that with this current group of players, we really need a player with size/defense at the point of attack. I am thinking Marcus Smart/Chris Dunn is who I'd be targeting as my starting guard, seeing that Towns can't(doesn't want to) guard the P&R.
    I mean, we need such a roster balance one position isn't important. Bit a skillset is. The league is built for offensive players, and getting a creative scorer who can create off the dribble, is need #1. If that guy can guard 2's, I agree go get that pitbull defender. And we need rebounders, and shooters.

So basically we need to flip half the identity of the roster haha

I am going to do my final trade deadline wish list of 2020:

1) Trade Dieng+Okogie to Orlando for Aaron Gordon.
    2) Trade Roco to Miami Bukets for Winslow+Okpala
    3) Trade Allen Crabbe to NY for DSJ+Portis

2020 Wolves:
    C: Towns/Naz/2nd Rounder
    PF: Gordon/Portis/KBD
    SF: Winslow/Layman/Okpala
    SG: Wiggins/Culver/Martin
    PG: DSJ/1st rounder/Vet

Then flip Wiggins mid season for a PG

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I know we'd be tall, but I'd love to get Turner out of Indiana.

Honestly, based on how this season has gone, the biggest change we can(and have to) make is coaching. We have lost what 9,10 in a row now, and at least half of these games would have been wins with a competent coach.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    The fact that GS supporters are thinking they will get Wiggins surpasses me. And to avoid missunderstandings I was just surprised by your post cause I've been banging my head to find someone willing to take him
    Yeah good luck with that me!
    I think we all pretty much have been lol

basically adding a couple pieces to him for a player that may not fit on their team moving forward might make sense (and Russell kinda fits the bill). Seeing Warriors posters mention kind of "expecting it" to come just added to the hope and that is a situation you could maybe trick someone into believing he could succeed (that offense with a scoring wing to take advantage/attack is killer).

We are probably stuck with him but we will see what this FO can do, I hope they at least try and move him this offseason even if just to dump

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think we all pretty much have been lol

basically adding a couple pieces to him for a player that may not fit on their team moving forward might make sense (and Russell kinda fits the bill). Seeing Warriors posters mention kind of "expecting it" to come just added to the hope and that is a situation you could maybe trick someone into believing he could succeed (that offense with a scoring wing to take advantage/attack is killer).

We are probably stuck with him but we will see what this FO can do, I hope they at least try and move him this offseason even if just to dump
    Just read an article that confirms what you were saying. We offered Wiggins for Russell.
    So GS have said that they would only trade Russell for a mind blowing offer and we said how about Wiggins... Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    I know we'd be tall, but I'd love to get Turner out of Indiana.
    Me too. Tall but mobile, with outside scoring and maybe someone who can keep players outside the paint
    That said we need a PG and we don't have a lot of trading assets

I am hearing word that the Wolves have offered 2 1st round picks for D'lo(I am not sure what the other pieces would be to match salaries if it's not Wiggins) and got no traction. I still don't understand this need to appeal to KAT, who does nothing for your team in the winning column. Dude is averaging like 6 rebounds per game after coming back from his "knee injury". Trade him for whatever you can(Ideally to Phoenix for Ayton and another couple of decent young players), trade Wiggins literally for whatever and start over.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I am hearing word that the Wolves have offered 2 1st round picks for D'lo(I am not sure what the other pieces would be to match salaries if it's not Wiggins) and got no traction. I still don't understand this need to appeal to KAT, who does nothing for your team in the winning column. Dude is averaging like 6 rebounds per game after coming back from his "knee injury". Trade him for whatever you can(Ideally to Phoenix for Ayton and another couple of decent young players), trade Wiggins literally for whatever and start over.
    well the draft sucks and we have zip money for FA, so I kinda get it. But you are exactly right, Towns is clearly not a franchise player, I have said that as well. So you risk either starting over entirely, from scratch, or you try and build around a guy who can be your 3rd best player on a great team, while masquerading him as the guy. Which is worse?

For me personally, I can't stand lack of effort and/or awareness in max guys. Like I can't watch this team as long as Wiggins is on it, period. And Towns has crept that direction for me as well. IMO, we do exactly what you just said, trade away Towns, pawn off Wiggins on anyone, and just try and get as many future picks/young players as possible and start this **** over again for the 89th time.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well the draft sucks and we have zip money for FA, so I kinda get it. But you are exactly right, Towns is clearly not a franchise player, I have said that as well. So you risk either starting over entirely, from scratch, or you try and build around a guy who can be your 3rd best player on a great team, while masquerading him as the guy. Which is worse?

For me personally, I can't stand lack of effort and/or awareness in max guys. Like I can't watch this team as long as Wiggins is on it, period. And Towns has crept that direction for me as well. IMO, we do exactly what you just said, trade away Towns, pawn off Wiggins on anyone, and just try and get as many future picks/young players as possible and start this **** over again for the 89th time.
    It sounds like the Wolves are working really hard to acquire Russel while shedding Wiggs at the same time. As of now, the most likely net loss/gain for the Wolves would be Wiggins+Roco+ 2020 1st(probably unprotected) for Russel + some filler from another team(likely one of Hawks expirings).This is what I came up with using the players that have been rumored(if Parsons is trade eligible) http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wcnxvxc + our first and the Brooklyn first via Hotlanta.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Well, not sure how I feel about this. We emptied a plethora of players, got back 3 that I honestly donít care about. The draft pick can be exciting as long as Brooklyn makes the playoffs, they are tied at 7th and the East and have a 3 game lead to stay in the playoffs.

Shabazz Napier was playing well and seemed like he could be a solid long term back up.

Diop was solid and extremely efficient off the bench, I thought he should have got more time.

Vonleh was not going to see much more time, I like him and his hustling and defensive presence.

Covington was better than what we just received. You can draft a lot of players that donít do what Covington does.

At surface level, I donít like this trade. We gave up our biggest trade piece and didnít get anything that moves the needle. We didnít get rid of Wiggins and we didnít land Russell. I would have preferred Dennis Smith Jr if that was an option to have a chance at a PG.

Hopefully this is a sign of more trades to come.

I mean that's what all the reports say. More moves to come. Cap space (expiring contracts) and another pick.

I've said it before I would go for Jrue Holiday and Myles Turner. But that's me.