Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1478
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Of course we would like someone like Bradley Beal... because quite frankly he is better than Wiggins. No way does Washington go for that though. Beal is an All-Star. Their counter offer would probably be Otto Porter.
    I'm not so sure that they wouldn't trade beal. He has had injury issues in the past. He might be an all star but he's in the east. I might add in a first or something to get Beal. Washington is in a very similar position to us that they really can't do much to change their roster. If they offered Porter I might even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I'm not so sure that they wouldn't trade beal. He has had injury issues in the past. He might be an all star but he's in the east. I might add in a first or something to get Beal. Washington is in a very similar position to us that they really can't do much to change their roster. If they offered Porter I might even consider it.
    Beal's injury past seems to be behind him and he has led the team to wins now in John Wall's absence. Without even going any further into Beal being a 1-time all-star, can you honestly say that Wiggins would be one in the East?

Washington can't do much to change their roster, but it would not make sense to trade either of their stars especially since they are more-or-less complimentary. Porter is their main piece to make a change both because he is a talented but not irreplaceable player and because his contract is rather hefty both as a raw number and in relation to the player's worth (in a vacuum).

At this point, I'd probably rather have Porter than Wiggins. Don't hold me to that though.

Beal's injury past seems to be behind him and he has led the team to wins now in John Wall's absence. Without even going any further into Beal being a 1-time all-star, can you honestly say that Wiggins would be one in the East?

Washington can't do much to change their roster, but it would not make sense to trade either of their stars especially since they are more-or-less complimentary. Porter is their main piece to make a change both because he is a talented but not irreplaceable player and because his contract is rather hefty both as a raw number and in relation to the player's worth (in a vacuum).

At this point, I'd probably rather have Porter than Wiggins. Don't hold me to that though.
    I do share some of the same viewpoints as you. Porter for Wiggins may be ok but it seems oddly even? As far as Beal, I think you might be a bit pushing him over what he actually is. He is good and talented but I don't think that he is really a major all star. I think overall the weakness of our current shooting guard position makes him look better then he actually is specifically in the eastern conference. I do agree that Beal and Wall do compliment each other but there has been some fighting between them in the past. My argument isn't so much Wiggins= all star as much as Washington is in the same terrible position as us as a franchise. Limited cap that likely can't beat the better teams out there. Hence them needing to take a chance with another new player on their roster to swap out years of sameness. How many times can a team be a 3-6 seed and get bounced without the owner/fans/front office wanting some type of shake up?

I do share some of the same viewpoints as you. Porter for Wiggins may be ok but it seems oddly even? As far as Beal, I think you might be a bit pushing him over what he actually is. He is good and talented but I don't think that he is really a major all star. I think overall the weakness of our current shooting guard position makes him look better then he actually is specifically in the eastern conference. I do agree that Beal and Wall do compliment each other but there has been some fighting between them in the past. My argument isn't so much Wiggins= all star as much as Washington is in the same terrible position as us as a franchise. Limited cap that likely can't beat the better teams out there. Hence them needing to take a chance with another new player on their roster to swap out years of sameness. How many times can a team be a 3-6 seed and get bounced without the owner/fans/front office wanting some type of shake up?
    My whole point in bringing up Beal as an all-star is about perception. It is a tangible value demarcation to "analysts" and fans around the league. Beal's a "proven commodity" rated by the league's other coaches. And it is one thing if you can debate Wiggins being in the running out West (versus the weakness of the East), but the fact of the matter is that you can't.

As for the Wizards hitting their head on their ceiling, well how many players, coaches and franchises do that with what seems to be complete and perpetual ignorance? What they see right now is that they are headed for home court in the postseason. Making the playoffs matters especially from a dollars-and-sense (not "cents") standpoint. It's revenue. And its not as if Beal is the only player that they can try to move. You don't sell off a young proven commodity for the sake of change.

Hell no, we have no use want or need for Ibaka. Belly literally does everything that he does and more. Ibaka hasn't been a defensive stopper for a long damn time. Powell is nothing. Just because we dislike Wiggins and his attitude doesn't mean the guy doesn't have talent. If we where to trade him I would want another starting wing in return. Preferably someone like Bradley Beal. Maybe Washington wants to take a chance on Wiggins and shake up their roster a bit as well?
    what sucks is as soon as Butler comes back, Belly is relegated to 15 mpg again. My choice would be for Belly to consume a lot of Wiggins time, and for Wiggins to come off the bench, and have Belly start. It's easy for anyone to see that Belly contributes much more than Wiggins does on the basketball court. At some point, a hard message needs to be sent to Wiggins. That is unless Thib's actually believes the **** he feeds us about "
    Andrew working hard and getting better".

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I would give my left nut for a Porter/Wiggins swap.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

really? Porter is landslide better. We would be much better off with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    really? Porter is landslide better. We would be much better off with him.
    Just saying that's not the #1 trade that I would pursue for Wiggins... and that it seems perverse given how lackluster the 2013 draft was. He's definitely be much more complimentary.

Just saying that's not the #1 trade that I would pursue for Wiggins... and that it seems perverse given how lackluster the 2013 draft was. He's definitely be much more complimentary.
    Porter is a perfect fit with Towns/Butler actually.

If you can get a player as young and good as Porter, for Wiggins, you do it all day. I think if we ever do explore the trade market for Wiggins, it will be ice cold. We would need to hope another stupid GM out there is in love with "potential".

Theses reports about Wiggins being unhappy are unbelievable! He's leading the team in shots per game, so how could he be upset about his role? He needs to shut the **** up and grab a rebound once in a while.

MJ goes for youth and upside potential:

Charlotte receives Wiggins & OKC 1st
    Minnesota receives Walker & MKG

MIN receive Batum ($24M), Noah ($19M), Lee ($13M) & Walker ($12M) = $68M Total In
    MIN send Wiggins ($25M), Teague ($19M), Dieng ($15M), Aldrich ($7M) & OKC 1st ($2M) = $68M Total Out

CHA receive Wiggins ($25M), Teague ($19M) & Aldrich ($7M) = $51M Total In
    CHA send Batum ($24M), MKG ($13M) & Walker ($12M) = $49M Total Out

NYK receive Dieng ($15M) & MKG ($13M) & OKC 1st ($2M) = $30M Total In
    NYK send Noah ($19M) & Lee ($13M) = $32M Total Out

MIN gets out from under Wiggins contract, adds Wing depth and has the cap space to extend KAT, Jimmy & Walker.

C - KAT/Noah/Patton
    PF - Gibson/Bjelica
    SF - Butler/Crawford
    SG - Batum/Lee
    PG - Walker/Rose/Jones

CHA - This only works if MJ sees the potential in Wiggy and feels a change of scenery will help him blossom. Teague is their stop gap PG that will probably opt out after 2018/19 and Aldrich can be waived with only a $2M cap hit.

C - Howard/Hernangomez
    PF - Zeller/Kaminsky
    SF - Wiggins/Williams
    SG - Monk/Lamb
    PG - Teague/MCW

NYK - They replace a worthless contract in Noah for a younger, cheaper, better player in Dieng. They also add some youth in MKG to build around Porzingis, Frank, Hardaway and their high 2018 draft pick. They also add another 2018 1st Round Pick (OKC) to help with their build.

C - Kanter/Dieng/O'Quinn
    PF - Zinger/Dieng/O'Quinn
    SF - MKG/2018 1st/Beasley
    SG - Hardaway/Thomas
    PG - Ntilikina/Mudiay

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    MIN receive Batum ($24M), Noah ($19M), Lee ($13M) & Walker ($12M) = $68M Total In
    MIN send Wiggins ($25M), Teague ($19M), Dieng ($15M), Aldrich ($7M) & OKC 1st ($2M) = $68M Total Out

CHA receive Wiggins ($25M), Teague ($19M) & Aldrich ($7M) = $51M Total In
    CHA send Batum ($24M), MKG ($13M) & Walker ($12M) = $49M Total Out

NYK receive Dieng ($15M) & MKG ($13M) & OKC 1st ($2M) = $30M Total In
    NYK send Noah ($19M) & Lee ($13M) = $32M Total Out

MIN gets out from under Wiggins contract, adds Wing depth and has the cap space to extend KAT, Jimmy & Walker.

C - KAT/Noah/Patton
    PF - Gibson/Bjelica
    SF - Butler/Crawford
    SG - Batum/Lee
    PG - Walker/Rose/Jones

CHA - This only works if MJ sees the potential in Wiggy and feels a change of scenery will help him blossom. Teague is their stop gap PG that will probably opt out after 2018/19 and Aldrich can be waived with only a $2M cap hit.

C - Howard/Hernangomez
    PF - Zeller/Kaminsky
    SF - Wiggins/Williams
    SG - Monk/Lamb
    PG - Teague/MCW

NYK - They replace a worthless contract in Noah for a younger, cheaper, better player in Dieng. They also add some youth in MKG to build around Porzingis, Frank, Hardaway and their high 2018 draft pick. They also add another 2018 1st Round Pick (OKC) to help with their build.

C - Kanter/Dieng/O'Quinn
    PF - Zinger/Dieng/O'Quinn
    SF - MKG/2018 1st/Beasley
    SG - Hardaway/Thomas
    PG - Ntilikina/Mudiay
    The biggest issue with this is Walker will either walk or cost $27-28 million to resign here.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

When are we going to trade Wiggins for Kawhi?

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    When are we going to trade Wiggins for Kawhi?
    I know i just saw some random article bringing that idea up as well - trading wiggins, Tyus, and a 1st..... That would be sooooo sick! Probably the main option to keep this team focused on Thibs & his gameplan of defense. If do not make any changes like this, this offseason, i think we may have issues. I think wiggins has got to go.

Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast