Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2671
    Apparently we are trying to buyout Spellman. I really don't get the the dislike for him? He is young, cheap and seems like a player. Does anyone have any insight? Did he just flatout said he isn't playing for us because it's cold? I mean, he is on a rookie scale($2 million per) for 2 more seasons.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    This past week re-kindled my interest some, but I am still apprehensive on Towns, until he can become a defender of any kind. Still plenty of work to do, but the roster is more balanced, we got a HUGE need in Russell, our financial flexibility just went way up, and so for I really like what Rosas is doing.
    Apprehensive, sure - honestly, I'm at the point where I don't think Towns can be a no.1 on a Championship team. I think he needs to be a no.2. I could be wrong, of course - and at the same time, you need to start somewhere. Our roster right now is young and fun, which given the past however many years, is an improvement.

For where we were at this time last year though, things are certainly looking better.

Totally agree with the financial side of things - it seems like we got rid of all our bad contracts and really only gave up one 1st - and we got some nice/better pieces back.

Culver and this years pick are going to be enormous in terms of how far we'll be able to get with the current roster.

Still lots of questions to be answered and work to be done, but this is easily the most confident I've been (with regards to Rosas) since the KG era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    One thing I am interested in seeing, is how Rosas handles picks and rookie scale deals about to expire. Morey, who he trained under, would ship out pretty good players on rookie deals if he felt extending them wasn't a good financial decision (Budinger for example). Picks in the teens, they treated like candy, which worked in most cases if you get a team that wants to relieve cap or add talent cheap.

Very interested to see what this team looks like next training camp. Adding wing defenders and rebounders is a must now. Okogie, and perhaps Culver at some point, look to be defenders, but they aren't very big, and can't be expected to check the LeBron/KL/PG3, etc of the west.
    Thought about this straight after the trade - I really like Beasley, and almost want to limit his minutes/not have him show too much so we don't have to overpay him haha. I read/heard somewhere he knocked back a 3yr/$30m extension offer at Denver - but that was last season, and he apparently regressed in Denver this season. If we can keep him for $10m per, I think I'd be pretty happy with that.

Juan is the tricky one for me - I think he's more of a complimentary piece than a starter. I have no idea what type of contract he'd be worth - maybe something like our old friend Bjelica signed with Sac - 3yrs/$20m.

Strongly agree with rebounders and defenders - a starting PF who fits next to downs is the next big target in my mind. Is Dennis Rodman available?

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Apparently we are trying to buyout Spellman. I really don't get the the dislike for him? He is young, cheap and seems like a player. Does anyone have any insight? Did he just flatout said he isn't playing for us because it's cold? I mean, he is on a rookie scale($2 million per) for 2 more seasons.
    Just going off social media, but now sounding like he's staying and being assigned to Iowa.

Bit of a strange situation - big bodied and can hit the 3, I would have thought Rosas and co would be big fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Strongly agree with rebounders and defenders - a starting PF who fits next to downs is the next big target in my mind. Is Dennis Rodman available?
    I agree and that's why I recommended Okongwu but as I said in the other thread I really want us to draft Haliburton. Even if we have to trade up to take him.

I love high energy players like Okogie but I think we need smart defenders to hide Towns and D'Lo's ineffieciencies.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I agree and that's why I recommended Okongwu but as I said in the other thread I really want us to draft Haliburton. Even if we have to trade up to take him.

I love high energy players like Okogie but I think we need smart defenders to hide Towns and D'Lo's ineffieciencies.
    I prefer Isaac Okoro. But to be honest, nobody in this draft moves the needle for me. If anything, I'd trade our top pick and try to hit big late in the 1st round as there are a few project forwards later in the draft. Clearly you take the best shooting+defending 6'9''/6'10" guy you can and hope he develops. Then take a big guard in the second. I personally really like Vassell out of Florida St, but there are others as well.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 02-12-2020 at 03:33 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Thought about this straight after the trade - I really like Beasley, and almost want to limit his minutes/not have him show too much so we don't have to overpay him haha. I read/heard somewhere he knocked back a 3yr/$30m extension offer at Denver - but that was last season, and he apparently regressed in Denver this season. If we can keep him for $10m per, I think I'd be pretty happy with that.

Juan is the tricky one for me - I think he's more of a complimentary piece than a starter. I have no idea what type of contract he'd be worth - maybe something like our old friend Bjelica signed with Sac - 3yrs/$20m.

One of the realities of this years FA's, is there isn't a lot of money to go around. Guys who don't understand how the market plays, how much inventory there will be out there for the shoppers, etc, just get burned sometimes. The cap is going to shrink a bit, there are only 2 teams with max space, and then the peons take what is left over.

I can't see Beasley getting more than 3/30, but that is just me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I prefer Isaac Okoro. But to be honest, nobody in this draft moves the needle for me. If anything, I'd trade our top pick and try to hit big late in the 1st round as there are a few project forwards later in the draft. Clearly you take the best shooting+defending 6'9''/6'10" guy you can and hope he develops. Then take a big guard in the second. I personally really like Vassell out of Florida St, but there are others as well.
    or do what Houston used to, and play the phones and make like 5 trades on draft night, come out with the best player, and assets haha. Too bad Rosas won't be able to deal with the stupid Wolves on draft night

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

The only player that moves the needle for me is Haliburton. That's why I am pushing for him.
    Hey I might be completely wrong.
    Plus I still haven't seen any improvements on players to make me think that we can develop projects. Are you satisfied with Culver's progression? Has Okogie shown much improvement?

And I am going to repeat myself. For me it's much better to have smart players than the classical "has the potential to be a good defender" types.

The only player that moves the needle for me is Haliburton. That's why I am pushing for him.
    Hey I might be completely wrong.
    Plus I still haven't seen any improvements on players to make me think that we can develop projects. Are you satisfied with Culver's progression? Has Okogie shown much improvement?

And I am going to repeat myself. For me it's much better to have smart players than the classical "has the potential to be a good defender" types.
    I definitely feel like Okogie has improved a ton given his minutes and role. Culver has a broken shot which the Wolves have stated they will attempt to fix this offseason - evaluating beyond that is difficult as that's his #1 flaw that effects every other aspect of his game.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I definitely feel like Okogie has improved a ton given his minutes and role. Culver has a broken shot which the Wolves have stated they will attempt to fix this offseason - evaluating beyond that is difficult as that's his #1 flaw that effects every other aspect of his game.
    Regarding Okogie, is that from an "eye-test"? I don't have the opportunity to watch full games so I wouldn't know. Because from a stats POV you can not see an improvement. I could say that in many categories there is a decrease.
    And so that we are clear. Of course I want to believe but I am burned so many times by this organization, and also Okogie is a player I like.

Regarding Okogie, is that from an "eye-test"? I don't have the opportunity to watch full games so I wouldn't know. Because from a stats POV you can not see an improvement. I could say that in many categories there is a decrease.
    And so that we are clear. Of course I want to believe but I am burned so many times by this organization, and also Okogie is a player I like.
    It's from both. I really don't understand how you can say he hasn't improved from the stats POV? The guy has improved in every single advanced metric available(minus TOV% - which is understandable considering what we have had at lead guard this year). He is trending to be borderline all-star level impact player as his median. He is shooting %.250 from 3pt, which is horrid, however, he has very good shooting mechanics and his shot will start to fall eventually in his career(he is what, 21?). His only really big weakness is his handle, IMHO, and if he works on that(and nothing about his work ethic tells me he will not) he will be a very solid guard/wing in this league. My only concern with him, tbh, is that he is getting paid like the stud he is on his next contract and the Wolves will not be able to afford to keep him. He is exactly what this team needs in a modern wing. The D is there, the 3 will get there, I have zero doubt in my mind. He will likely be one of the steals of his draft class when all is said and done.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Because I don't know advanced stats.
    From the common stats he has a small increase in fg%, decrease in 3p%, an increase in rebounds. Points, steals, blocks at similar levels

I haven't watched much Wolves at all this year, but Okogie's advanced numbers point to a nice career trajectory, when you factor in draft position and perceived value.

I understand this whole draft prospect discussion, but we need some vets, bad. With Russel down, we are playing 2 2-way players, 3 rookies(1 being a 2nd rounder and one being undrafted) and a 2nd year player who still is raw. We can't win games with that next year and I don't know how I feel about adding another pick or two to that. I would rather reallocate those assets into a better veteran player. Ideally, involving Booker.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1: