Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2438
    Ya that's what I was saying about Westy is he is still valued in the league type thing and moved again for real value. Thunder have done solid given the situation, smart to get the picks further out there.

Heat could still want CP3 but not sure where a 3rd team would come in tbh. It will be interesting to see if we make more moves or are mostly inactive now through season. Feels like this FO is aggressive but also understands flexibility/long term plan so might be tough to do too much with that in mind but I think we might take some low risk high reward types (like vonleh/bell at minimum to try out as they age/develop)

I would like to see Naz, McLaughlin, Creek and maybe Williams develop in our Gleauge affiliate

I love the fact that our team went to the final but no player was in either the best lineup or the second best lineup.
    And no I don't get excited about these games. I take them for what they are.

They are basically college games. Almost all of these players will see no to very little time on the court in the regular season. A player can light it up in summer league and be a complete bust in the NBA.

Any interest in a Demar Derozen for wiggins swap with the spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Um, 1 year plus 1 player option... Yes please!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

just downgrading the exact same problem, but DeRozan is older so might be less appealing to some teams (possibly). It would be a move that probably helps win 10 more games, but does nothing long term.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I have been back and forth on Wiggins so many times my head hurts. Yes a few months ago I would have done that as it helps our cap, but I am now in the camp that we give Wiggins another year to build some value. Derozan is on his tail-end and the decline, not the player we want to pair with Towns long-term anyways. I think that is what the FO is going to do as well since a few different things fell through their fingers this off-season. It does not make sense to trade Wiggins for a player that gives us a few more wins just to make our draft position worse next year. We need higher end talent or picks for any move of Wiggins to be worthwhile at this point, imo. I don't want us to be in a position where we can sign a high-end FA but our cap is restricting us, but there are none available this summer anymore anyways. Roll with what you have and try again next year.

I am just glad we did not sign Westbrook, that would have been a terrible move. I am still the in DRuss camp and think he would be a good fit in both contract and age with Towns, but all that depends on what GS might ask for him. I do not believe for a second that GS is sticking with DRuss with Curry/Thompson in the backcourt already, despite what they might be saying in the press. You expect me to believe you are gonna tie up near 100% of your cap in the backcourt? yeah OK GS. OK.
    Last edited by Wisdom Listens; 07-17-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    I have been back and forth on Wiggins so many times my head hurts. Yes a few months ago I would have done that as it helps our cap, but I am now in the camp that we give Wiggins another year to build some value. Derozan is on his tail-end and the decline, not the player we want to pair with Towns long-term anyways. I think that is what the FO is going to do as well since a few different things fell through their fingers this off-season. It does not make sense to trade Wiggins for a player that gives us a few more wins just to make our draft position worse next year. We need higher end talent or picks for any move of Wiggins to be worthwhile at this point, imo. I don't want us to be in a position where we can sign a high-end FA but our cap is restricting us, but there are none available this summer anymore anyways. Roll with what you have and try again next year.

I am just glad we did not sign Westbrook, that would have been a terrible move. I am still the in DRuss camp and think he would be a good fit in both contract and age with Towns, but all that depends on what GS might ask for him. I do not believe for a second that GS is sticking with DRuss with Curry/Thompson in the backcourt already, despite what they might be saying in the press. You expect me to believe you are gonna tie up near 100% of your cap in the backcourt? yeah OK GS. OK.
    Wiggins value can't possibly get lower, so it makes sense to see what this year brings. That being said, there is about a 95% chance it just brings his albatross deal to 1 year shorter, and nothing else. But hey, that's something. The other 5% is pulling an Oladipo, and suddenly improving out of nowhere after a handful of mediocre to crappy years. But, that is not likely, considering we all know how focused and hard Wiggins always plays....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wiggins value can't possibly get lower, so it makes sense to see what this year brings. That being said, there is about a 95% chance it just brings his albatross deal to 1 year shorter, and nothing else. But hey, that's something. The other 5% is pulling an Oladipo, and suddenly improving out of nowhere after a handful of mediocre to crappy years. But, that is not likely, considering we all know how focused and hard Wiggins always plays....
    So if, and it's a big IF, Wiggins were to blow up this year and be all the things we hoped he would be for basically the entire season, would you consider keeping him or still want to send him off? I mean if that were the case his value would skyrocket, but you also run the risk this is the new real Wiggins and miss out on his new found production.

So if, and it's a big IF, Wiggins were to blow up this year and be all the things we hoped he would be for basically the entire season, would you consider keeping him or still want to send him off? I mean if that were the case his value would skyrocket, but you also run the risk this is the new real Wiggins and miss out on his new found production.
    I think Wiggins has to "blow up" to an MVP type level to be worth that contract, and that just isn't happening. If he posts All-Star level numbers out of the blue(also not happening) and you can get assets that fit much better for him(for example Booker, Russel, or any young stud PG), you do it in a heart beat. If you are trading him for an aging wing, then you probably stick with him. My two cents.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

if he took a step forward, I would trade him when his value is high. I have zero confidence he can sustain any form of high level NBA play, it's not in him. Hell his 1st year, at least he lived at the line, and then about halfway through year 2, we got what we have now, and we all know what that is..

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I think Wiggins has to "blow up" to an MVP type level to be worth that contract, and that just isn't happening. If he posts All-Star level numbers out of the blue(also not happening) and you can get assets that fit much better for him(for example Booker, Russel, or any young stud PG), you do it in a heart beat. If you are trading him for an aging wing, then you probably stick with him. My two cents.
    yeah I am not onboard to trade him for anything, just to get rid of him (like taking back Westbrook or a crappy deal with a different player). Yes, he sucks, and yes, he will force me to miss games (can't watch him for long), but his deal gets easier to trade in 1-2 years, and while I have zero confidence he will ever be much, maybe we can work around him creatively.

Well let's hope the moneyball that our FO is trying to play will somehow offset the situation. Right now with him on the court you try to place as many players with passion and D as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah I am not onboard to trade him for anything, just to get rid of him (like taking back Westbrook or a crappy deal with a different player). Yes, he sucks, and yes, he will force me to miss games (can't watch him for long), but his deal gets easier to trade in 1-2 years, and while I have zero confidence he will ever be much, maybe we can work around him creatively.
    I would still trade him for Derozan, if that was on the table. I was speaking, IF he has a breakout season. Before this "breakout season", I'd ship him for about anything more than a bag of peanuts.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1: