Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    It sounds like it's going to end up being Miami, but I don't think we'd be willing to give up assets for Russ anyway.

He's still a very good player who desperately wants to win (which I think is being overlook somewhat), but that contract is nasty and is only going to get worse.

If it was Wiggins straight up and I'm in charge, I'd do it, but I'm not giving up a single asset to attain him.
    ditto. And the only thing I do it is if we know that GS is sticking with Russell long term. If they are planning on moving him at the trade deadline, or even next summer and we have had some preliminary talks and GS is willing to do a trade(say for Cov, and expiring and a pick), I don't touch Westbrook with a 10 foot pole. Let's hope our FO is doing their scouting well.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Again what matters is the price and our analysis on the value long term. There is a large chance what you say is true because the price will be something more but again if it is very cheap where wiggins/teague is the base those players take touches and suck more. We don't want Wiggins on this contract either. Trust me..
    Compounding a mistake with a bigger mistake tends to not work. I think I have made clear ky feelings on acquiring RWB at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Whats worse a star thats in decline (Chris Paul, Westbrook) or a role player that has all star potential but never seems to put it together (Wiggins).

I'd be interested if Paul was available if we would be having the same argument for keeping Wiggins rather then trading him straight up.

For me on Chris Paul for Wiggins - no because paul is already dropped off a cliff big time and has injury concerns
    Westbrook - yes because he still has a ton of athleticism left and can at least play a higher level for a bit.
    Yes, same deal. Paul is a shell of himself making a zillion dollars. Plus does ajyone want to warch him flop and cry in a Wolves uni? Nah

What I am wondering is if we can get in on the MIA/OKC trade. For example, swapping RoCo for Justice Winslow as he fits our timeline better?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Compounding a mistake with a bigger mistake tends to not work. I think I have made clear ky feelings on acquiring RWB at this point
    Yup and so what most are saying is Westbrook>Wiggins then. Wiggins to some is that bigger mistake and holding onto him long term is compounding it. That's part of the point.

It is alright to disagree but it's a way different situation and just because Westy is declining doesn't mean he is worse than Wiggins etc. which is what people have been trying to point out.

Yup and so what most are saying is Westbrook>Wiggins then. Wiggins to some is that bigger mistake and holding onto him long term is compounding it. That's part of the point.

It is alright to disagree but it's a way different situation and just because Westy is declining doesn't mean he is worse than Wiggins etc. which is what people have been trying to point out.
    Oh I get the attempted point, I simply believe Westbrook will be more damaging than Wiggins long term to this team. Westbrook was a great player, and is still a really good one. But his decline is here, and it will get worse, but the money will follow his trend. I would rather being paying Wiggins $30 million in a few years than RWB $44 million. It also goes beyond his play. Anyone that has played a sport knows playing with guys like Westbrook will test your patience to the 100th degree. I think he will not only stunt KAT's development, but yet again be a guy who steals the reigns from Towns, when its clear we need to build around Towns, not ask him to slide to 2nd banana yet again for a 30+ year old ball hog who wouldn't pass the ball in closing moments if his life depended on it.

A classic sign of a fanbase of a mediocre team is settling for "well at least its not as bad as A". No thanks in my opinion, I am done with that mentality.

Anyways, we didn't match on Tyus, rumor is we are trying to save for next summer, which I don't get, the FA class is very weak. But, I have been a fan for 30 years, I think I can hold out another year to see where Rosas is sending this roster..
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 07-10-2019 at 02:50 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    What I am wondering is if we can get in on the MIA/OKC trade. For example, swapping RoCo for Justice Winslow as he fits our timeline better?
    RoCo's deal is such that I wouldn't hesitate sending him out as part of a deal for a stud, but not for a guy who doesn't really move the needle.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Oh I get the attempted point, I simply believe Westbrook will be more damaging than Wiggins long term to this team. Westbrook was a great player, and is still a really good one. But his decline is here, and it will get worse, but the money will follow his trend. I would rather being paying Wiggins $30 million in a few years than RWB $44 million. It also goes beyond his play. Anyone that has played a sport knows playing with guys like Westbrook will test your patience to the 100th degree. I think he will not only stunt KAT's development, but yet again be a guy who steals the reigns from Towns, when its clear we need to build around Towns, not ask him to slide to 2nd banana yet again for a 30+ year old ball hog who wouldn't pass the ball in closing moments if his life depended on it.

A classic sign of a fanbase of a mediocre team is settling for "well at least its not as bad as A". No thanks in my opinion, I am done with that mentality.

Anyways, we didn't match on Tyus, rumor is we are trying to save for next summer, which I don't get, the FA class is very weak. But, I have been a fan for 30 years, I think I can hold out another year to see where Rosas is sending this roster..
    We don't want either of them here multiple years down the road haha. Again that is also part of the point, Westy has more value around the league right now and at offseason of poor FA etc. could potentially bring in assets not lose to get rid of him type. I do get your reasoning for not wanting to pair with Towns/let Towns grow but if it long term helps the franchise I can live with it.

I disagree, the problem is not understanding a long term approach and how to value most of the time. Not making a clear upgrade simply because it isn't exactly what you want can hold a team back as well. It depends on the context in each situation like I am pointing out.

As for Tyus I mean this might be where your well it's better than what we have applies. He is better than nothing but what would that salary mean for our future? Is it worth that flexibility? I wouldn't have minded it tbh but we will have to wait and see their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I agree with Hawk on this idea with Covington but it did get me thinking...

If OKC likes Wiggins at all given their situation (as they go young, might be better than other vet junk contracts) maybe turning into a 3 way makes sense for us still. I would at least be trying to see what we can do as they may need a 3rd team in some way to get it done

We don't want either of them here multiple years down the road haha. Again that is also part of the point, Westy has more value around the league right now and at offseason of poor FA etc. could potentially bring in assets not lose to get rid of him type. I do get your reasoning for not wanting to pair with Towns/let Towns grow but if it long term helps the franchise I can live with it.

I disagree, the problem is not understanding a long term approach and how to value most of the time. Not making a clear upgrade simply because it isn't exactly what you want can hold a team back as well. It depends on the context in each situation like I am pointing out.

As for Tyus I mean this might be where your well it's better than what we have applies. He is better than nothing but what would that salary mean for our future? Is it worth that flexibility? I wouldn't have minded it tbh but we will have to wait and see their plan.
    man I thought I responded to this, but don't see it. Anyways, I believe Westbrook is more damaging long term than Wiggins. Simple as that.

Tyus is not a needle moving player, so you and I both know it's wasted effort to care about why he wasn't matched. But, we better have a plan in place to get through this season at PG...

How classic Timberwolves is it to go with the 'we're waiting until next year' line..!?

I can absolutely GUARANTEE you that this time next year, we'll get 'just wait until 2021 and we'll make our move'

I do understand why we sort of have to just 'see out' this year (given cap restraints), but it does sting a little more than most other fan base's would realize - we've waited a damn long time for success.

man I thought I responded to this, but don't see it. Anyways, I believe Westbrook is more damaging long term than Wiggins. Simple as that.

Tyus is not a needle moving player, so you and I both know it's wasted effort to care about why he wasn't matched. But, we better have a plan in place to get through this season at PG...
    I think we will be just fine. I really like Tyus and he is worth that contract, but it made sense to retain some flexibility. I am guessing we have plans for Nowell to become the backup PG eventually - a scoring type combo, similar to Raymond Felton, and then find a more pure PG to replace Teague. Kris Dunn is available, btw, lol.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Your response was based on a few years down the road, I was pointing out that is meaningless if we want both of them gone by then anyways. It was a response to what you said with me adding my own opinions as to why it was off base a little.

Feels like we are going minimal this year, not even sure we use the MLE. Whatever happens happens but no need to sweat a couple losses because we have say Shabazz Napier instead of Tyus Jones. It will likely be a pretty rough season, similar to last year, but with a more modern style and cheap youth to fill out not the vets/any sort of committed contract.

Westbrook to the Rockets!
    Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyD3 View Post
    Westbrook to the Rockets!
    For Paul, two way-in-the-future first round picks, and two first round pick swaps. Rockets got fleeced. Westbrook will not be carrying them to the finals. Do they really think Harden and Westbrook can coexist? I don't see it. On the other hand, Thunder is stockpiling picks like nobody's business. They need to Trade Paul as well when available, he should bring back another 1st.