Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 174 of 177 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2641
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    He is a decent roleplayer, by the way. And has been a plus all of his career.
    sure, but that money could be spent elsewhere. ALl I remember of the guy is he plays hard as hell.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

GIVE
    J.H
    MINUTES
    EVERYGAME
    25-30
    AND TOUCHES.

and you will have a nice SURPRISE on your hands.
    ]

I just still don't understand why the Warriors didn't want a package around RoCo? I just don't get. It would have been a much better fit for them. But it's the Warriors, so I expect them to draft an all-star with our pick.
    I don't get it either. Also kinda feel like he would fit great with Russell/Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I would use one of our picks this year to trade out.
    We need 3/d at both forward spots but more importantly one of them needs to be a stud (not superstar but very good). Not sure who all is available but can use our lottery pick and a future as trade bait. Draft the other nets pick.

Like if somehow Suns would trade Booker like so many mention... No defense but the team would be fun.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 02-08-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I still can't believe this went through... I am fine with the top3 protected pick for next year. We got rid of Wiggin.
    Now Crabbe and Turner won't be comming back next year. So that's 37 millions off the book right? We have 1,2 millions less in Johnson's contract less than Dieng even if he takes the players options. Hernagomez and Beasley we are going to judge throughout the season.
    Do I have my facts right? With all these moves I am confused.
    The players we have for next year right now are

Russel
    Okogie/Culver/Nowell/Jacob Evans
    Laymen
    Omari Spellman/Jarrad Vanderbilt (team option)
    Towns/Naz Reid

James Johnson has a player option, I have seen a number about 2 mil lower than G but also one at the same salary so not really sure. Hopefully he declines.

We also will have rfa Malik Beasley and Juan Hernangomez.

It looks like if James Johnson opts out we could have a lot of cap space to trade for a larger salary or try and sign someone in FA although it is a weak class. This team has really transformed though, I think most of the throw in players are role guys at best if not just dump offs but overall we have two picks (one lottery, other just outside), added a talent like Russell who seems to fit great with Towns offensively and is what we needed in a playmaking guard to pair, dumped wiggins, and have a lot of youth to evaluate and develop. We switched to a modern game and we are now upgrading the roster in the same way.

I am overall a fan of this FO so far. My one kinda question of them so far is why not keep Covington but we will see what they can pull off with the pick/in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The players we have for next year right now are

Russel
    Okogie/Culver/Nowell/Jacob Evans
    Laymen
    Omari Spellman/Jarrad Vanderbilt (team option)
    Towns/Naz Reid

James Johnson has a player option, I have seen a number about 2 mil lower than G but also one at the same salary so not really sure. Hopefully he declines.

We also will have rfa Malik Beasley and Juan Hernangomez.

It looks like if James Johnson opts out we could have a lot of cap space to trade for a larger salary or try and sign someone in FA although it is a weak class. This team has really transformed though, I think most of the throw in players are role guys at best if not just dump offs but overall we have two picks (one lottery, other just outside), added a talent like Russell who seems to fit great with Towns offensively and is what we needed in a playmaking guard to pair, dumped wiggins, and have a lot of youth to evaluate and develop. We switched to a modern game and we are now upgrading the roster in the same way.

I am overall a fan of this FO so far. My one kinda question of them so far is why not keep Covington but we will see what they can pull off with the pick/in the offseason.
    They clearly knew we needed shooting and financial flexibility, and got a pick as well from Cov. He just didn't fit here, and we so badly need shooting and roster balance, it makes sense to me. Now, if we were to get Booker, Cov becomes EXACTLY the player we need haha

They clearly knew we needed shooting and financial flexibility, and got a pick as well from Cov. He just didn't fit here, and we so badly need shooting and roster balance, it makes sense to me. Now, if we were to get Booker, Cov becomes EXACTLY the player we need haha
    Covington is the type of player we need now though is the point/would fit here, we have needed to add a playmaking G and could have done so while keeping him. Sure with Booker it would be even more necessary and the rest of the team needs to be defense lol. Right now just with Towns and Russell we need strong supporting defenders and shooters to space too though and he is the exact type as you mention.

I think I get what you are saying though and that's why we do have to wait and see. If the nets pick and our pick etc are needed in combination for say Booker then ya I do get it then. We will have to wait and see how it all plays out. They clearly are capable of making moves and I will definitely give them time, either way it isn't like we lost big value or anything. Cov is just the type of guy we want now that we have our top scoring threats at PG/C, likely utilizing pick and roll/pop with spacers often and needing defenders surrounding them.

I have said from the start this FO was likely different and needed time. The Cov deal is the most questionable thing to me so far but that doesn't mean it negates all the positives I have seen from the FO just because it isn't a clear win (yet). It really does depend how that pick is used and what other moves we can make still as it is obviously incomplete.

We are getting him. You can "book" it.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I admittedly didn't know Covington was 30 next year. That timeline aspect makes more sense. Our core pieces will be 24 and then okogie/culver and our lottery pick are all rookie contract types for our other valuable pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'll be. I did not expect this much action, this is crazy.

Not sure where to begin - I think the Johnson trade has been the most overlooked though - he's a perfect fit here imo, we absolutely needed some toughness, especially next to KAT.

I loved Dieng ever since he was drafted here, but Rosas/Ryan's preference to have him never share the court with KAT pretty much made him useless (to us), especially with Naz in waiting, who really looks like he's got something (at least on one side of the court).

Something else that hasn't been spoken about a lot and that is key for teams like ours - nearly all of the players we obtained are under OUR control. We have Towns & Russell together for at least 3.5 years. We have all of Okogie, Culver, Beasley, JH, Spellman, Evans, Naz, Nowell, Vanderbilt & Spellman on rookie scale/TO contracts. Outside of Turner & Crabbe (who are expiring) Johnson is really our only overpaid player - and even then, he seems a good fit and only has one more year (he's taking that PO) - and with the 2021 FA expected to be the best in years, his expiring $16m should become quite valuable at the trade deadline next season.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of every move we've made/what we've ended up with.

I think this is the most excited I've been about this team, maybe ever.

Even giving up the 1st for next year isn't too bad - we have two 1st's this year, one of which we'd no doubt be able to trade for a 1st next year (maybe a lesser pick, but still). I've often been one to be quite negative since Butler left, but I'm super excited for where we're headed now. Good time to be a fan.

We are getting him. You can "book" it.
    I don't see why the Suns would do that, honestly. They are rebuilding yeah, but they probably want to build around Booker, just like we are building around KAT. Booker might try and force his way out, which is the only way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I admittedly didn't know Covington was 30 next year. That timeline aspect makes more sense. Our core pieces will be 24 and then okogie/culver and our lottery pick are all rookie contract types for our other valuable pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah man, his value, for us trade wise, couldn't have been any higher right now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Well I'll be. I did not expect this much action, this is crazy.

Not sure where to begin - I think the Johnson trade has been the most overlooked though - he's a perfect fit here imo, we absolutely needed some toughness, especially next to KAT.

I loved Dieng ever since he was drafted here, but Rosas/Ryan's preference to have him never share the court with KAT pretty much made him useless (to us), especially with Naz in waiting, who really looks like he's got something (at least on one side of the court).

Something else that hasn't been spoken about a lot and that is key for teams like ours - nearly all of the players we obtained are under OUR control. We have Towns & Russell together for at least 3.5 years. We have all of Okogie, Culver, Beasley, JH, Spellman, Evans, Naz, Nowell, Vanderbilt & Spellman on rookie scale/TO contracts. Outside of Turner & Crabbe (who are expiring) Johnson is really our only overpaid player - and even then, he seems a good fit and only has one more year (he's taking that PO) - and with the 2021 FA expected to be the best in years, his expiring $16m should become quite valuable at the trade deadline next season.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of every move we've made/what we've ended up with.

I think this is the most excited I've been about this team, maybe ever.

Even giving up the 1st for next year isn't too bad - we have two 1st's this year, one of which we'd no doubt be able to trade for a 1st next year (maybe a lesser pick, but still). I've often been one to be quite negative since Butler left, but I'm super excited for where we're headed now. Good time to be a fan.
    This past week re-kindled my interest some, but I am still apprehensive on Towns, until he can become a defender of any kind. Still plenty of work to do, but the roster is more balanced, we got a HUGE need in Russell, our financial flexibility just went way up, and so for I really like what Rosas is doing.

One thing I am interested in seeing, is how Rosas handles picks and rookie scale deals about to expire. Morey, who he trained under, would ship out pretty good players on rookie deals if he felt extending them wasn't a good financial decision (Budinger for example). Picks in the teens, they treated like candy, which worked in most cases if you get a team that wants to relieve cap or add talent cheap.

Very interested to see what this team looks like next training camp. Adding wing defenders and rebounders is a must now. Okogie, and perhaps Culver at some point, look to be defenders, but they aren't very big, and can't be expected to check the LeBron/KL/PG3, etc of the west.

It would be really nice to get lucky in the lotto for once. Even if this isn't a deep draft, the #1 pick would still hold a decent amount of value or we just take edwards