Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194 LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 2907
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBankND View Post
    I am starting to think this team needs yet another rebuild. This time though a complete blowup. The t-wolves were on the right path until the Butler trade. It has been down hill ever since. I don't want a team that might make the playoffs being the goal. The only way the t-wolves get better is through the draft. I think they have the right coach to develop players. I would trade anyone who has value except for Edwards & McDaniels. If the wolves would have gotten lucky and gotten to keep their pick in this year's draft would be a completely different story. Towns seems to be getting hurt more and more. I would rather trade Towns, Russell, Beasley now before they get any older and get fed up with the wolves and demand a trade.

Would you rather trade future assets to be a 7 or 8th seed at best or take the gut punch for a couple more seasons and potentially have something. A 23 year old Edwards (hopefully becoming the stud that he looks like he will be), young and upcoming team with cap space. Then the wolves will have transitioned completely to the new management were maybe the wolves get some players without overpaying in free agency.
    I get what you're saying, but I think this year/next is the time for us to just go for it.

I think a starting unit of Towns-Turner-McDaniels-Edwards-Russell gives us a really good chance of getting to the playoffs next year (that's assuming we could get Turner, of course).

But you can't just keep rebuilding forever. If we suck for the next three/four years, then Edwards is going to want to leave - and the cycle continues.

Trade Russell + Culver + future 1 for Simmons. They will ask for more but I'd stay firm on that. I don't think the 76ers can get Beal or McCollum for Simmons. So they will have to choose between Smart, Wall, Wiggons or Russell. I like our chances.

Then trade Rubio, Balmaro and Reid for M. Turner.

Simmons, Nowell
    Ant/Beasley
    McDanials/Okogie
    Towns/Vanderbilt
    Turner/Davis

I have been watching a few analysts talk about Ben Simmons and there is talk about Simmons changing shooting hands, moving to the 4, and mentally needing help threw this struggle. They are also questioning his work ethic. He’s a max contract who isn’t a clutch player. We could be on the hook for his huge salary and if he continues to struggle we’d need to make a Wiggins like trade to get rid of him. Philly values him as the player he was last year but he’s not that anymore. Someone will overpay for him and his huge contract.

In Minnesota, while the Wolves would certainly need Simmons to shoot more than zero times in the fourth quarter, they wouldn’t need him to be a No. 2 option on offense. Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Edwards and D’Angelo Russell (the Timberwolves view Russell as a part of the core and want to keep it that way, sources said) give coach Chris Finch three accomplished offensive players to get buckets down the stretch. That would free up Simmons to do what he does best: defend every position on the floor the way an offense-heavy Wolves lineup would need him to do and get out in transition, which would be a fit with how Rosas and Finch want to play.

It is unclear if Morey would be interested in Russell as a headliner in a Simmons package. As good as Russell looked down the stretch, that max salary would give some teams pause. On the flip side, Russell is Rosas’s signature move to this point. He and Towns started to show some promising signs as the season wound down, and Rosas believes that a full summer of work followed by a full training camp with Finch at the helm will help the pair take things to another level. [The Athletic]

Some news about MN and 76ers has come up recently. Sounds like we are interested in Simmons but that we also view Russell as part of our core so it kinda seems unlikely to me anything happens as he would have probably been our best shot. A couple people/places have mentioned Edwards but I feel like he is the most valuable piece for us at this point to many haha. Towns is a better impact/player right now but just overall context wise Ant already seems like our future one way or another so I don't see him otb for even better players (unless it were crazy).

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    In Minnesota, while the Wolves would certainly need Simmons to shoot more than zero times in the fourth quarter, they wouldn’t need him to be a No. 2 option on offense. Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Edwards and D’Angelo Russell (the Timberwolves view Russell as a part of the core and want to keep it that way, sources said) give coach Chris Finch three accomplished offensive players to get buckets down the stretch. That would free up Simmons to do what he does best: defend every position on the floor the way an offense-heavy Wolves lineup would need him to do and get out in transition, which would be a fit with how Rosas and Finch want to play.

It is unclear if Morey would be interested in Russell as a headliner in a Simmons package. As good as Russell looked down the stretch, that max salary would give some teams pause. On the flip side, Russell is Rosas’s signature move to this point. He and Towns started to show some promising signs as the season wound down, and Rosas believes that a full summer of work followed by a full training camp with Finch at the helm will help the pair take things to another level. [The Athletic]

Some news about MN and 76ers has come up recently. Sounds like we are interested in Simmons but that we also view Russell as part of our core so it kinda seems unlikely to me anything happens as he would have probably been our best shot. A couple people/places have mentioned Edwards but I feel like he is the most valuable piece for us at this point to many haha. Towns is a better impact/player right now but just overall context wise Ant already seems like our future one way or another so I don't see him otb for even better players (unless it were crazy).
    With the recent news that the Pelicans will not be super active matching whatever Lonzo gets on the market, he is kind of intriguing for me here. I would even venture to say that if you can trade Russell for Simmons(in some package, let's just say Russell, Beasley and Naz for Simmons and Green) and bring in Lonzo(like in some form of S&T or trading Rubio+Culver for cap space) you basically get a lineup that will feature a younger, better shooting Rubio as your starting PG.
    C: KAT/Vando
    PF: likely McDefense/Juancho/Layman
    SF: Simmons/Green/Okogie
    SG: ANT/Bolmaro
    PG: Lonzo/McLovin

Quite thin up front, so maybe move some combination of Juancho/Layman/Okogie/Vando(i really want to keep him though) for a serviceable backup center.

I think that's a really solid two-way lineup. Perhaps with time you slide Balmaro(if he is not included) at the 3 and put Simmons at the 4, or he takes over PG duties(unlikely).

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    With the recent news that the Pelicans will not be super active matching whatever Lonzo gets on the market, he is kind of intriguing for me here. I would even venture to say that if you can trade Russell for Simmons(in some package, let's just say Russell, Beasley and Naz for Simmons and Green) and bring in Lonzo(like in some form of S&T or trading Rubio+Culver for cap space) you basically get a lineup that will feature a younger, better shooting Rubio as your starting PG.
    C: KAT/Vando
    PF: likely McDefense/Juancho/Layman
    SF: Simmons/Green/Okogie
    SG: ANT/Bolmaro
    PG: Lonzo/McLovin

Quite thin up front, so maybe move some combination of Juancho/Layman/Okogie/Vando(i really want to keep him though) for a serviceable backup center.

I think that's a really solid two-way lineup. Perhaps with time you slide Balmaro(if he is not included) at the 3 and put Simmons at the 4, or he takes over PG duties(unlikely).
    I don't hate this idea, we definitely want a shooter or two like Green if we go that route to space the floor as much as we can for Simmons/Ant to attack.

I doubt we move Russell for various reasons though.

Timberwolves Trade/Ideas/Rumors Thread 2.0

It sounds like Rosas doesn’t want juancho playing in olympics which was a bit of a surprise to them. Rosas got called out by name as the issue and supposedly he had clearance from doctors. It does seem weird to do this just a couple days out, juancho has been replaced now it seems.

Feels like a situation where we don’t want him getting injured as he may possibly be involved in trades. That’s speculation on my end but it would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-24-2021 at 01:57 PM.

It sounds like Rosas doesn’t want juancho playing in olympics which was a bit of a surprise to them. Rosas got called out by name as the issue and supposedly he had clearance from doctors. It does seem weird to do this just a couple days out, juancho has been replaced now it seems.

Feels like a situation where we don’t want him getting injured as he may possibly be involved in trades. That’s speculation on my end but it would make sense.

My thoughts on that as well. I couldn't give a flying F if Juancho is upset with the Wolves management. Of all the players we have, him being part of this team(or not) is at the bottom of my concerns.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    My thoughts on that as well. I couldn't give a flying F if Juancho is upset with the Wolves management. Of all the players we have, him being part of this team(or not) is at the bottom of my concerns.
    From the Timberwolves viewpoint what is being done makes sense for sure.

I do feel bad for him though, he had a chance to play in the Olympics for his country for the first time and now won't get the opportunity. Getting cleared and on roster/traveling there just to find out a couple days before you are being blocked like that, probably due to a potential trade, is rough I am sure. Hopefully he still has another chance next time around but I get why he might not like it.

As you said though for the Wolves his feelings probably aren't much of a concern (especially if the reason why this happened is trade as guessed).

NBA SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER TRADE pt.3

Longtime friends team up. Wiz moves on for young star. C's shock the nba world.

WAS: A.Edwards, Grant Will, Okogie, (Fournier S&T)

Westbrook
    Fournier/Okogie
    A.Edwards/GWill
    Bertans
    Bryant/Gafford

MIN: Beal, Tatum, Hachi, Thompson, CarsenEd, Parker.

Russell/C.Edwards
    Beal
    Hachi/Culver
    Tatum/Parker
    Thompson

BOS: Towns, Rubio, Avdija

Smart/Rubio/Pritchard
    Brown/Langford
    Avdija/Nesmith
    RWill/Horford
    Towns/Moses/Tacko

or

Rubio/Pritchard/Yam
    Smart/Langford
    Brown/Avdija/Nesmith
    RWill/Horford/Kornet
    Towns/Moses/Tacko

Draft Picks go where and if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    NBA SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER TRADE pt.3

Longtime friends team up. Wiz moves on for young star. C's shock the nba world.

WAS: A.Edwards, Grant Will, Okogie, (Fournier S&T)

Westbrook
    Fournier/Okogie
    A.Edwards/GWill
    Bertans
    Bryant/Gafford

MIN: Beal, Tatum, Hachi, Thompson, CarsenEd, Parker.

Russell/C.Edwards
    Beal
    Hachi/Culver
    Tatum/Parker
    Thompson

BOS: Towns, Rubio, Avdija

Smart/Rubio/Pritchard
    Brown/Langford
    Avdija/Nesmith
    RWill/Horford
    Towns/Moses/Tacko

or

Rubio/Pritchard/Yam
    Smart/Langford
    Brown/Avdija/Nesmith
    RWill/Horford/Kornet
    Towns/Moses/Tacko

Draft Picks go where and if needed.
    With all do respect, this is about as bad of a trade as I've ever seen for the 2 of the 3 teams. But yeah, good for the C's...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Lottery teams expressing interest in Jaden McDaniels

Multiple lottery teams have expressed interest in trading for Minnesota Timberwolves forward Jaden McDaniels, HoopsHype has learned. Minnesota’s front office has been reluctant to move McDaniels in previous trade offers, including in talks with the Magic for Aaron Gordon at the trade deadline last season. The Timberwolves view him as a part of the core going forward. – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype
    The biggest preference for Rosas is to add a veteran to the roster because Rosas believes the Wolves are young enough with a nucleus of Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Edwards, D’Angelo Russell and Jaden McDaniels. Ideally he can find a talented power forward who brings some veteran presence with him. – via Jon Krawczynski @ The Athletic
    Opposing teams really like McDaniels. They tried to get him at the trade deadline and likely will ask for him in substantial deals now. – via Jon Krawczynski @ The Athletic
    It would appear Mcdaniels is thought of pretty highly already after his rookie season. I hope we do keep him as part of the core, I loved the pick since it was made. Seems like we view it as we have 4/5 starters with those young guys and just need to use the other assets to bring in a nice PF. Makes sense to me.

Hoop Central: Report: Lakers, Clippers, Celtics are among the teams “doing trade due-diligence” on Ricky Rubio, via @DWolfsonKSTP – via Twitter
    Also wonder if we get any value out of Rubio's expiring, seems like some teams are at least checking in

Supposedly Rubio to cavs for taurean prince.

A 2nd and cash are involved but I’ve seen it mixed on who gets it

Supposedly Rubio to cavs for taurean prince.

A 2nd and cash are involved but I’ve seen it mixed on who gets it

Cavs get the cash and the 2nd round pick (According to ESPN), Wolves free up about 5 million on the deal
    Last edited by BigBankND; 07-29-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBankND View Post
    Cavs get the cash and the 2nd round pick (According to ESPN), Wolves free up about 5 million on the deal
    I am seeing conflicting reports on who gets the 2nd and cash but ya it looks like we do save some cap. Prince is a solid role player imo but preferably off the bench.