Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 178 of 181 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2715
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Minnesota Timberwolves should go after either Aldridge, DeMar DeRozan, CP3, or a next player via trade but who? Either go after Julius Randle, Buddy Hield, Kevin Love or Blake Griffin
    None of those guys are really fits.

If we still had Thibs I could see him going for broke and rolling with CP3, Russell & Towns. But not Rosas.

Hield might half-fit, but I don't think we want that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    None of those guys are really fits.

If we still had Thibs I could see him going for broke and rolling with CP3, Russell & Towns. But not Rosas.

Hield might half-fit, but I don't think we want that contract.
    Then reunite with Kevin Love or go after Blake Griffin via trade

Then reunite with Kevin Love or go after Blake Griffin via trade
    Again though, they don't really fit within the Rosas model. And I agree with him, the game's moving away from those types of PF's - and it's even more important for us because KAT's not a good defender.

KAT/Love or KAT/Griffin just doesn't work. 5-10 years ago, maybe - but not now.

Look at the PF's remaining in the playoffs -

Crowder
    Tatum
    Milsap/Grant
    Morris/Kuzma

I'm telling you man, the two starting bigs is (at least for now) a thing of the past.

We need a speedy, defensive minded PF next to KAT.

Seeing Spellman won't attend this Bubble thing, it seems pretty clear now that he won't be on our roster next season. Is he worth anything at this stage, or just a throw in now?

Just saw the latest mock on Yardbarker.com and for the latest updated Mock NBA 2020 draft updated hours ago...it has the Timberwolves at #1 taking SG Anthony Edwards with their draft pick and at #17 taking PG RJ Hampton with their 2nd pick

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Seeing Spellman won't attend this Bubble thing, it seems pretty clear now that he won't be on our roster next season. Is he worth anything at this stage, or just a throw in now?
    I really don't get this thing with Spellman. I am pretty sure he just said he will not play in Minnesota because it's cold or some other such stupid reason. The guy has talent and size for the modern NBA, so this really sucks that our FO can't get on the front page with him. I am going to guess he has some serious character issues and we don't have the right vets to keep him in check?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

The only thing I will add is that B'Easy 2.0 better be part of this team next season, barring a trade for a superstar SG like Beal/Booker. I honestly think he is a dark horse perennial Allstar if he stays healthy. Good size for the position, excellent shooting mechanics and a relentless work ethic on both ends of the floor(I think, at least for now, Wolves fans are significantly undervaluing his defensive instincts and prowess).

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    The only thing I will add is that B'Easy 2.0 better be part of this team next season, barring a trade for a superstar SG like Beal/Booker. I honestly think he is a dark horse perennial Allstar if he stays healthy. Good size for the position, excellent shooting mechanics and a relentless work ethic on both ends of the floor(I think, at least for now, Wolves fans are significantly undervaluing his defensive instincts and prowess).
    Beasley's defensive efforts seem to flow with his offensive role. Taking possessions away from him with both Russ and Towns should help Beasley be a better defender. Or at least that is what he has shown in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I really don't get this thing with Spellman. I am pretty sure he just said he will not play in Minnesota because it's cold or some other such stupid reason. The guy has talent and size for the modern NBA, so this really sucks that our FO can't get on the front page with him. I am going to guess he has some serious character issues and we don't have the right vets to keep him in check?
    He for sure looks like he has talent and potential.

Seems telling that he'll be on his fourth team in four seasons.

I think you're right, I remember he had issues with his weight - and possibly mental health issues. I don't think we have a 2nd rounder next year - would take that from the Knicks if it was on offer.

So here is a different kind of scenario, and finally one where I don't trade for Isaac.
    If the Rockets semi-implode like they seem they are going to, and given our ties maybe we should trade with them and get RoCo back.
    The one scenario is we trade straight #17 for RoCo. The other is that they include Gordon. So RoCo and Gordon from them for #17, #30 and either Culver if they want another young piece or JJ if they want an expiring.
    They get their hands on some young players which they sorely miss and if they want JJ an active player who will be off the books next year.
    We get a wing we desperately need who has ties with the team and KAT and we get a two way sixth man, both on good contracts.
    Following that we trade down with the Knicks and get either Okongwu or Okoro, depending who is available.

D'lo - McLaughlin - Camazzo
    Beasley - Gordon
    Covington - Okogie - Layman
    Okongwu - FA
    KAT - Naz

Or like Slim said in the other thread trade to Atl the #1 for Hunter and their pick.

I just saw the list where NBA executives put Towns 13/13 in a list of top under 25 players(HoopsHype) and Towns is listed last, so he finally "arrived". He is behind guys like Jalen Brown, D'arron Fox and Brandom Ingram ffs. Also, seriously, Trae Young is not on this list. Are you freaking kidding me? I would not take half of these guys over Young, let alone Fox, Ingram, Brown or Jamal Murray. They are bringing up Defense as the issue with Towns(and probably young) but have Booker at #3.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    So here is a different kind of scenario, and finally one where I don't trade for Isaac.
    If the Rockets semi-implode like they seem they are going to, and given our ties maybe we should trade with them and get RoCo back.
    The one scenario is we trade straight #17 for RoCo. The other is that they include Gordon. So RoCo and Gordon from them for #17, #30 and either Culver if they want another young piece or JJ if they want an expiring.
    They get their hands on some young players which they sorely miss and if they want JJ an active player who will be off the books next year.
    We get a wing we desperately need who has ties with the team and KAT and we get a two way sixth man, both on good contracts.
    Following that we trade down with the Knicks and get either Okongwu or Okoro, depending who is available.

D'lo - McLaughlin - Camazzo
    Beasley - Gordon
    Covington - Okogie - Layman
    Okongwu - FA
    KAT - Naz
    RoCo for #17 and salary filler would be a dream scenario for me, Silverson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minnesota Timberwolves receive: Bradley Beal
    Washington Wizards receive: #1 overall pick, Josh Okogie, Jake Layman, Jarrett Culver and James Johnson

* Minnesota gets a 3rd star to pair up with Karl Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell...as you try to win now

* Washington goes on a rebuild with the #1 overall pick as they get younger but you also have Rui Hachimura there and John Wall coming back healthy...it really works out

Minnesota Timberwolves receive: Bradley Beal
    Washington Wizards receive: #1 overall pick, Josh Okogie, Jake Layman, Jarrett Culver and James Johnson

* Minnesota gets a 3rd star to pair up with Karl Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell...as you try to win now

* Washington goes on a rebuild with the #1 overall pick as they get younger but you also have Rui Hachimura there and John Wall coming back healthy...it really works out
    Sign me up as a Wolves fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk