Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2019 Draft Ideas

We usually have had some pretty good discussions in this area and with the draft only a couple weeks away thought it may be time...

Have a few guys on my radar that have a decent chance of being available.

Nassir Little - SF from NC. A bit of a project but has a chance to be very good in a few years with some development. Can't teach his natural skills. Has chance to be a very good 2 way player. Was a projected top 5 pick coming into the season.... NBA draft net has him as our pick .....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGIQDUttG8I

Sekou Doumbouya - France - again a bit of a project but has a shot at being pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4p_41Zolow

Brandon Clarke - Gonzaga - older player with great hops, great motor and plays defense. Not likely a star but likely a good rotational player for years. Bleacher report has him as out pick... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD1mff6oNgY

Cam Reddish - Duke - Coming into the season was a projected top 3 pick.... major questions about his motor. After years of dealing with Wiggins .... pass...

Any other ideas?

The 3 you hit on are likely targets. Little reminds me of a bigger Okogie, but that isn't a bad thing. With Cov, that would mean 3 wing players that are good defenders, play hard, and play with energy.

Clarke seems like a nice fit next to Towns. I saw his length is pretty blah, but he can sky, and is a quick player who should be able to defend all over.

I honestly wouldn't mind Tyler Herro either. Kind of a larger Reddick type

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Bol Bol has me interested too but it all depends on Dieng.
    Bruno Fernando is #9 at tankathon and #19 at nbadraft.net
    I do like Clarke a lot for his energy but his lack of 3p shooting scares me

I am sure that one of the top players will fall. I just want to see who it will be

I am feeling more and more confident that we ship this pick out with a bad contract. If we keep it:
    I would probably rank my top (realistic) players for the 11th pick as follows:
    1) Doumbouya - good work ethic, good potential to become a competent starter, a 3&d player and maybe even a point-forward down the line. This is your swing for the fences piece, but he will likely take 3-5 years to develop. He is most likely gone by 11.
    2) Alexander-Walker is another guard I like that may be a better pro than a college player. This guy is going to be a steal for whoever picks him up. I think that when it's all said and done and we look back at this draft in a few years, this guy is in the top 5, if he can stay healthy. My best NBA comparison right now for him would be Eric Gordon(a healthy version though hopefully).
    3) Romeo Langford - I just have a sneaky feeling teams are going to regret passing on him(he will probably go in early/mid teens). Basically, he probably has more upside than any other player in late lottery besides Doumbouya.
    4) Nassir Little - You can never have enough 3&d prospects nowadays, and he fits the bill. He also has the potential to be starter and he sure strikes me as a decent rotation piece worst case. He is also, most likely gone by 11.
    5) Hachimura - seems like a great fit next to Towns, but he also brings back memories of Derrick Willams and Michael Beasley, so I am 50/50 on him and if he is our target(as it was rumored) we can pick him up dropping 5-7 picks.
    6) I am not as sold on Clarke as others. I feel like he may really struggle to score in the NBA. He reminds me of Faried. Not sure that type of output is worth the 11th pick, so similar as Hachimura, I wouldn't mind him if we trade down 5 picks.

I feel like while there aren't many surefire superstars in this draft class, it does contain a lot of players that will have long and successful NBA careers. But I have been so wrong on these before...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Bol Bol has me interested too but it all depends on Dieng.
    Bruno Fernando is #9 at tankathon and #19 at nbadraft.net
    I do like Clarke a lot for his energy but his lack of 3p shooting scares me

I am sure that one of the top players will fall. I just want to see who it will be
    totally my thoughts

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I am feeling more and more confident that we ship this pick out with a bad contract. If we keep it:
    I would probably rank my top (realistic) players for the 11th pick as follows:
    1) Doumbouya - good work ethic, good potential to become a competent starter, a 3&d player and maybe even a point-forward down the line. This is your swing for the fences piece, but he will likely take 3-5 years to develop. He is most likely gone by 11.
    2) Alexander-Walker is another guard I like that may be a better pro than a college player. This guy is going to be a steal for whoever picks him up. I think that when it's all said and done and we look back at this draft in a few years, this guy is in the top 5, if he can stay healthy. My best NBA comparison right now for him would be Eric Gordon(a healthy version though hopefully).
    3) Romeo Langford - I just have a sneaky feeling teams are going to regret passing on him(he will probably go in early/mid teens). Basically, he probably has more upside than any other player in late lottery besides Doumbouya.
    4) Nassir Little - You can never have enough 3&d prospects nowadays, and he fits the bill. He also has the potential to be starter and he sure strikes me as a decent rotation piece worst case. He is also, most likely gone by 11.
    5) Hachimura - seems like a great fit next to Towns, but he also brings back memories of Derrick Willams and Michael Beasley, so I am 50/50 on him and if he is our target(as it was rumored) we can pick him up dropping 5-7 picks.
    6) I am not as sold on Clarke as others. I feel like he may really struggle to score in the NBA. He reminds me of Faried. Not sure that type of output is worth the 11th pick, so similar as Hachimura, I wouldn't mind him if we trade down 5 picks.

I feel like while there aren't many surefire superstars in this draft class, it does contain a lot of players that will have long and successful NBA careers. But I have been so wrong on these before...
    would you rather swing for the fences, or take a guy you believe will be a good role player? Which do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    would you rather swing for the fences, or take a guy you believe will be a good role player? Which do you prefer?
    I am a high risk high reward kind of guy. Which is exactly why I wanted Paul George and Giannis in their respective drafts. So I would say Doumbouya, Alexander-Walker and Langford are my preferred "high upside" picks and Little/Hachimura are my safe picks. I prefer someone from the first group as we are so far away from being competitive we need to take chances.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I am a high risk high reward kind of guy. Which is exactly why I wanted Paul George and Giannis in their respective drafts. So I would say Doumbouya, Alexander-Walker and Langford are my preferred "high upside" picks and Little/Hachimura are my safe picks. I prefer someone from the first group as we are so far away from being competitive we need to take chances.
    you pushed for Lavine, correct?

IF Garland or White fall to us and they prove to be good, would we or would we not be a play off team?
    It's an honest question I don't have the answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    you pushed for Lavine, correct?
    Yeah. I was a huge fan of him in that draft and still absolutely am.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

IF Garland or White fall to us and they prove to be good, would we or would we not be a play off team?
    It's an honest question I don't have the answer to.
    I personally don't think so(and neither would fall either). We were a playoff team last year if we could stay healthy, tbh.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I've done a bit of a 180 - I think I want Clarke now.

Doumbouya probably next for me, then either NAW or Herro. I like the idea of trading down for Boston's 20 & 22, as I think we'd still be a chance to snag 2 of the above 4.

Langford scares me a bit, but I don't know enough about him to totally write him off. Rui is the only one I want no part of - I don't think his game will translate at all, especially defensively.

I personally don't think so(and neither would fall either). We were a playoff team last year if we could stay healthy, tbh.
    See in every scenario I make, I always struggle when it comes to Wiggins.

See in every scenario I make, I always struggle when it comes to Wiggins.
    With Wiggins in the back of everyone's mind and am sure the ownership as well as the new GM I would hope they draft a player that has the motor and mentality to play both ends.

Getting flashy guys that aren't willing to play defense is an epidemic...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast