Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 2850
    I remember when we couldn't stop complaining about our drafting/development/FA woes. Well, hate to break it to you guys, but we have actually found value in the the last 2-3 years. Culver sticks out like sore thumb, but honestly, look at that whole draft class - there are maybe 5 players out of 60 who have been a net positive so far and two of them are the #1/2 picks. We found really good value in Nowell in the 2nd, which I have praised at the time of the draft(and obviously still do). We signed Naz as an undrafted Rooke and the guy is a $12+ million player getting paid $2 million for another 2.5 years - absolute steal. McLovin is a great value as well. Okogie has regressed(as has the whole fn team), but I think he was a good pickup at the spot in 2019. Let's discount Edwards as he was the #1 pick, but he doesn't project to be a blown pick by any stretch of the imagination and McDaniels is a baller. As far as our FA acquisitions go: Layman was a good role player signing. Juancho, quite honestly may be as well, there just wasn't enough game on him this season to indicate anything and he came in way behind the curve as far as training camp is concerned. Beasley and Vanderbilt are both steals as far as value is concerned(i really don't get why the former is playing 15 mpg when he is our top net positive player on the roster). Some people hate the D'lo trade, but I still prefer watching him miss 9/10 threes than Wiggins. The only signing that truly has been bad is Rubio, but I of all people didn't expect that level of piss poor performance out of him, even though it is all clearly related to the absolute putrid offensive scheme we are running(or not running?). I think this roster has huge upside. I know it didn't go our way, but I am still very hopeful. I understand the cringe about Saunders till being here, but here is really no benefit for us to switch coaches at this point. I think we ride it out with Saunders(for better or, well, let's be honest, for worse) until next offseason. There is some blame to go around here, but bad luck has been a HUGE factor here. I just hope Towns isn't done for good.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I would say I'm actually OK with the roster, considering what Rosas's had to work with and overhauled the whole thing. The only problem with the roster is that it only works if KAT is playing. For year 2ish with a new GM and in a weird COVID season, it's probably not worth blowing up yet. It's frustrating as hell to watch them lose these games and I will change my tune on Rosas super fast if in a year we are ten games below .500 at this point in the year. We have to live with the reality that is the small-market NBA franchise model. You try and lucky with a stud draft pick(Towns, KG, Kevin Love) and try to develop around him, if you don't see success you have to know when to flip that stud and try again. I can't remember a time when we've had this many promising players under the age of 25 so we will see what they do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I understand the cringe about Saunders till being here, but here is really no benefit for us to switch coaches at this point. I think we ride it out with Saunders(for better or, well, let's be honest, for worse) until next offseason. There is some blame to go around here, but bad luck has been a HUGE factor here. I just hope Towns isn't done for good.
    I think now we are trying to play the odds of keeping our top 3 protected pick. Having that asset will help lure another coach. Towns might just be done in MN. His celebrity/model girlfriend is from California.
    Last edited by m_witter2003; 02-08-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Beasley got his slap on the wrist of 120 days with work release to be done after the season. Should we trade him? Try to get back into the 1st round? A rebuild looks inevitable now.

Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    Beasley got his slap on the wrist of 120 days with work release to be done after the season. Should we trade him? Try to get back into the 1st round? A rebuild looks inevitable now.
    As frustrating as this season is, I don't think it's reasonable to blow things up. Beasley is on a great contract, we don't get players like that often. If this team ever gets healthy this year and proves they are capable of being a fringe playoff team next year, I think they will stay the course of developing these young players and making some minor moves around the core. If they continue to lose this season even after getting KAT back, then I think this offseason gets interesting.

D-Lo out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery. Tonight against LA Lakers Towns took only 10 shots. Honestly Iím fine with it. This season is a wash. Letís see what the young guys got and try to get a top 3 pick. This year with no fans in attendance rest Towns and Beasley as much as possible. Unload Rubio to the Clippers. After this season, fire Saunders too. Glen Taylor sell the team! Give the next coach the best opportunity to succeed with good ownership, talent, and picks.

On a huge side note: Jimmy Buckets is averaging 22 pts, 8.9 rebounds and 8.4 assists through 7 games in February on .588 TS. I hate to say it, but Buckets is becoming a superstar in his prime years.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

D-Lo out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery. Tonight against LA Lakers Towns took only 10 shots. Honestly Iím fine with it. This season is a wash. Letís see what the young guys got and try to get a top 3 pick. This year with no fans in attendance rest Towns and Beasley as much as possible. Unload Rubio to the Clippers. After this season, fire Saunders too. Glen Taylor sell the team! Give the next coach the best opportunity to succeed with good ownership, talent, and picks.
    Problem is, we've been resting Towns for 7 seasons. Our mentality for the past 5+ years has been 'next year'. At some stage, the penny needs to drop. Towns is 25 now. He's young, but he's not that young.

We also don't want the young guys to get used to/be okay with losing.

If next season starts out the way this season did, Towns will be gone by the deadline - and he can't really be blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    We also don't want the young guys to get used to/be okay with losing.
    Thatís why we fire Saunders ASAP. Iíd hire Mark Jackson tonight if I was MN or AT LEAST start talking to guys.

Thatís why we fire Saunders ASAP. Iíd hire Mark Jackson tonight if I was MN or AT LEAST start talking to guys.
    I think we probably have to wait until the end of this season, but the writing's on the wall for Saunders.

Now that playoffs are out of reach, I'm happy to see what we have in Nowell and even Culver (who I currently hate watching). I don't think he'd accept it, but I'd love to see us sign McLaughlin to a multi-year deal too.

Then start again next year and aim for the 8th seed, knowing what we've got on the roster.

Saunders fired.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-ryan-saunders
    Chris Finch will take over
    https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/basketball/nba/player-news/headlines/9974181
    Last edited by m_witter2003; 02-22-2021 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Add text

Shams is reporting we are hiring chris finch (raptors assistant) on multi year deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Shams is reporting we are hiring chris finch (raptors assistant) on multi year deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I FN hate this team. The most illogical, untimely decisions ever. Hiring WHO?
    P.S. How about you fire a guy 15 games ago when it was clear he wasn't up to the task?
    P.S.2. Offcourse the ESPN crew had to make it about race... I am sure the fact that Vanderpool is basically the defensive coordinator of this team and the team ranks bottom 5 in defense has nothing to with him not being promoted... So FN 2021. Love where this country is going...
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 02-22-2021 at 07:53 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I FN hate this team. The most illogical, untimely decisions ever. Hiring WHO?
    P.S. How about you fire a guy 15 games ago when it was clear he wasn't up to the task?
    P.S.2. Offcourse the ESPN crew had to make it about race... I am sure the fact that Vanderpool is basically the defensive coordinator of this team and the team ranks bottom 5 in defense has nothing to with him not being promoted... So FN 2021. Love where this country is going...
    I think this is MN going 100% in Rosas direction. According to Yahoo: "They worked together in Houston, where Finch was an assistant (2011-16) and Rosas was a basketball operations executive." Saunders being hired was Glen Taylor trying to honor Flip, which was a great gesture but he clearly wasn't ready.

I maybe one of the few but I think the hire is smart and will be good for us. Media outlets want to make this a race thing but Rosas has worked with him for 5 years so he knows what he's getting. We have no idea what goes behind the scenes and in the locker room Vanderpool maybe accepting to this losing culture. I hope the players accept Finch and don't buy into this race garbage.

Towns said and I quote "I can't believe he was passed up(Vanderpool)," blah, blah, blah. Trade the ****er. Your team is 7-24 you idiot.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

16. Yesterday, 06:49 AM