Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197
Results 2,941 to 2,952 of 2952
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trade package

Washington Wizards receive: Patrick Beverley and the 19th overall pick from Minnesota

Minnesota Timberwolves receive: Kyle Kuzma

New look Wolves

PG- D'Angelo Russell
    SG- Anthony Edwards
    SF- Kyle Kuzma
    PF- Jarred Vanderbilt
    C- KAT

Then your new look Wolves

PG- Pat Bev
    SG- Anthony Edwards
    SF- Kyle Kuzma
    PF- Jarred Vanderbilt
    C- Karl Anthony Towns
    I like Kuzma alright. I think we really need to concentrate on a pass first, shooting PG, and a rim protecting rebounder, but wing depth in the NBA is precious.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

with Connelly forming his team now, I would be interested to see what happens on the trade front. Like what is happening with Jonathan Isaac moving forward? If Orlando doesn't take Smith, that means they take a PF. He would be ideal, if healthy, to fill out our PF need.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    What would be your ideal offseason? With Connelly being new, he has no ties to our roster. Meaning, everyone is available (outside the obvious 2).

I think looking to move D-Lo is obvious. He won me (and a lot of us) over a bit this year, playing defense and had some timely offensive outburts. But his inconsistency, and even more so, his cat and mouse style, just doesn't fit what Finch needs in his PG. Furthermore, he started at SG, which we should be sliding Ant over to, to accomodate JMac moving into the starting SF position.

Vando needs to move to the bench in favor of a better starting PF. We need a rim protecting, better rebounder at the PF position. We also need a bouncy big off the bench if possible. Naz is not a long term fit, and has a lot of trade value currently.

In the draft, I trust Connelly to make a good pick, so I may roll with 19 and if he wants to package the multiple 2nd rounders to move up a couple spots, great. If not, go with the cheap 3-4 years at pick 19.

Ultimately, I would love to see:

Starters:
    PG- new pass first, shooting PG
    SG- Ant
    SF- Jaden
    PF- new rim protecting, rebounding PF
    C- KAT

Bench- Bev, Vando, Nowell, Bouncy big, someone like Jeff Green or PJ Tucker, shooting

I would expect Beasley to be moved as well. He is a fit if he were consistent, but he isn't. Idk, maybe he stays and figures it out, but we can't have him going 1-8 one game, then 4-5 the next.
    Agree with you on pretty much all fronts here.

I think, definitely by the end of the season, Ant and J Mac move down to the 2 & 3, their ideal positions.

I really like Vanderbilt - but agree he's best coming off the bench. I really want to keep him around though, even if it only is for 15mpg. He's obviously got his limitations, but I love that high energy/motor type of play.

I'm a sucker for rookies - even though deep down I know they're not going to help us win now as much as an established player could - but I really like the look of EJ Liddell. If his game can translate to the NBA-level, I think he'd be a near perfect fit for us. Reminds me a bit of Brandon Clarke.

It'll be interesting to see what we do in the draft. We're obviously not going to be taking 4 rookies into next season. Do you know if Connelly has been a draft and stash guy in the past/at Denver? I think we end up with two rookies, max.

The D Lo situation is a bit strange - I know he wasn't great against the Grizzlies, but he had a really solid year. I think on the right team, he could be a great player - his passing is underrated and he actually tried on d for most of the year. He just doesn't seem to be the right fit here though. The problem is replacing him - does he become more valuable if we keep him until the trade deadline? But would that then become a distraction, us trading our starting PG while try to make it pass the first round of the playoffs? A lot of questions to be answered.

I'm just glad we actually have a fun team, finally. It's weird not discussing who we're going to take pick 1/2/3 and how we can break up the roster. I'm excited to see what Bolmaro can do too. I know it's a long shot that he pans out (especially as a starter), but he actually does have a lot of the qualities we're long for next to Ant in the backcourt. He's a solid defender (we would be fine with him, Ant and J Mac defending some sort of combination of opponents 1, 2 & 3), he's pass first/a playmaker, and whilst his shot is a bit ugly, he started to connect a little towards the end of this season (albeit primarily in the GL). He'll assumedly be handed the keys to the Summer League squad, which I'm looking forward to seeing. Again, no guarantee he'll make it - but he's shown enough for there to be a level of excitement.

lay out an ideal offseason for you
    After a quick look at FA and who is likely available for trade I think there are probably many routes that could be taken to try and upgrade but I am having a tough time finding that ideal scenario that makes sense/is likely. I guess if Jazz for any reason blow it up getting Mitchell would be a top target for me (sounds like they more likely listen to Gobert offers and keep him though). It would be ideal to get a young talent like that imo though if at all possible I just not am sure it's at all likely but there's always something each offseason that is a surprise. Russell, role players like Beasley, young guys, picks all should be chips to use (including 3 or 4 team deals to get the right pieces if needed). Dlo is likely moving one way or another in this scenario to get the right pieces and I have no issue trading multiple picks for a move like this either. Then do whatever possible to upgrade at PF that preferably is above average or better at 3/d/rebounding.

Some FA's available are Lavine, Beal if he opts out, Miles Bridges and Jalen Brunson restricted. Lavine/Beal are the most talented, Miles might be the best fit for us. All would require sign and trades.

A couple other names that I have seen mentioned are Dame, Siakim, OG. I think you can make a case for any of them coming in and improving us a good amount. At the end of the day the question is always going to be who is actually available and what is the price. You can sell me on taking a chance on a lot of these guys if the price isn't too crazy. Dame being older is less appealing probably but it depends on how close they really think we are I guess because he's also one of the bigger stars possibly available.

I am not sure we will be able to find that huge splash and that might still be alright with how young we are. I think if we can replace Dlo with a better 3rd star it takes us to another level as a team though.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    After a quick look at FA and who is likely available for trade I think there are probably many routes that could be taken to try and upgrade but I am having a tough time finding that ideal scenario that makes sense/is likely. I guess if Jazz for any reason blow it up getting Mitchell would be a top target for me (sounds like they more likely listen to Gobert offers and keep him though). It would be ideal to get a young talent like that imo though if at all possible I just not am sure it's at all likely but there's always something each offseason that is a surprise. Russell, role players like Beasley, young guys, picks all should be chips to use (including 3 or 4 team deals to get the right pieces if needed). Dlo is likely moving one way or another in this scenario to get the right pieces and I have no issue trading multiple picks for a move like this either. Then do whatever possible to upgrade at PF that preferably is above average or better at 3/d/rebounding.

Some FA's available are Lavine, Beal if he opts out, Miles Bridges and Jalen Brunson restricted. Lavine/Beal are the most talented, Miles might be the best fit for us. All would require sign and trades.

A couple other names that I have seen mentioned are Dame, Siakim, OG. I think you can make a case for any of them coming in and improving us a good amount. At the end of the day the question is always going to be who is actually available and what is the price. You can sell me on taking a chance on a lot of these guys if the price isn't too crazy. Dame being older is less appealing probably but it depends on how close they really think we are I guess because he's also one of the bigger stars possibly available.

I am not sure we will be able to find that huge splash and that might still be alright with how young we are. I think if we can replace Dlo with a better 3rd star it takes us to another level as a team though.
    we have our full mid level, but that is only $10M or so. No way we compete for a top tier FA this summer. I believe we have quite a bit of money available next year, depending on what we do with D-Lo. But worst case, I can't imagine we don't have roughly $20-25M available to spend in free agency in 2023.

This year will be via trade/draft.

we have our full mid level, but that is only $10M or so. No way we compete for a top tier FA this summer. I believe we have quite a bit of money available next year, depending on what we do with D-Lo. But worst case, I can't imagine we don't have roughly $20-25M available to spend in free agency in 2023.

Maybe explore a Malcolm Brogdon trade with Indiana for Dlo? I think him and Ant in the backcourt could work well except he is already 29 years old..

I looked over the draft for a point guard and none of them really seemed to be interesting. If we trade Dlo I might even role with Beverly and Mac for the season if we can get the correct defensive big.

Ya we only have the MLE to outright sign guys, that's why I noted the ones I listed would all need to be sign and trades (since I focused on guys that will make more). That's the only way for us to really become players for the bigger names but it is something worth exploring.

If we let Dlo/Bev/Naz/Nowell/Beasley all walk we could probably have at least near max for FA in 2 seasons but I am not sure that's the best plan unless we have an idea already of a high level player to bring in that wants to come here. If we miss out on finding a trade this year it's a decent fall back option though for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Maybe explore a Malcolm Brogdon trade with Indiana for Dlo? I think him and Ant in the backcourt could work well except he is already 29 years old..

I looked over the draft for a point guard and none of them really seemed to be interesting. If we trade Dlo I might even role with Beverly and Mac for the season if we can get the correct defensive big.
    we need to have some defensive prowess in a PG, I think. I mean unless its Dame or someone haha. I would love to chase Isaac from Orlando.

Yeah, agree with your bottom line. Bev sits 20 games a year so we need something more reliable than JUST JMac, but we could draft a PG or sign one for that 3rd spot. The biggest need is clearly a rim protecting, rebounding big man to put next to Towns. Watching Brooks get his 100th offensive rebound of the series was too much..

Ya we only have the MLE to outright sign guys, that's why I noted the ones I listed would all need to be sign and trades (since I focused on guys that will make more). That's the only way for us to really become players for the bigger names but it is something worth exploring.

If we let Dlo/Bev/Naz/Nowell/Beasley all walk we could probably have at least near max for FA in 2 seasons but I am not sure that's the best plan unless we have an idea already of a high level player to bring in that wants to come here. If we miss out on finding a trade this year it's a decent fall back option though for sure.
    you don't need to let them all walk. Organically, we should have at least $20M in the summer of 2023 to spend.

I think this conversation gets fun in about 3 weeks

you don't need to let them all walk. Organically, we should have at least $20M in the summer of 2023 to spend.

I think this conversation gets fun in about 3 weeks
    If you want to be a real player for a top guy you need to mostly let them walk (outside of Naz/Nowell who should have cheaper hits to keep rights).

Unfortunately 20M isn't even within 10 mil of the lowest level max contract we could offer, it's closer to the MLE than a max contract.

If you want to be a real player for a top guy you need to mostly let them walk (outside of Naz/Nowell who should have cheaper hits to keep rights).

Unfortunately 20M isn't even within 10 mil of the lowest level max contract we could offer, it's closer to the MLE than a max contract.
    You could trade away a player or two, and use that $20M to absorb a stud too (all in the same move).

You could trade away a player or two, and use that $20M to absorb a stud too (all in the same move).
    Yup which is why I said unless we know something about an elite FA wanting to come here it might be more of a fall back option using cap for FA, trade is the most likely route for us to improve.

Trying to create that max cap means letting those other guys go. Not trying to create max cap just leaves us with a bit more than the MLE but not a max.

At this point any way to increase the value of our current assets should be on the table. Even if it likely takes another move after/is a slight step backward I would be for it. Whatever we can do to eventually get another high end talent like Ant/Towns.