Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2178
  1. #2101
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,150
    Apparently, the Wolves are interested in D'lo Russel. I really don't see how we can offer him anything unless there is a trade in the works to clear a ton of cap space(Teague, Dieng, Wiggins, etc). As a reply to Dayman, I think Memphis would pull the trigger on that, but I am not sure I would from our standpoint. Parsons has an awful, awful contract. He was basically good for one year, got his deal and then got fat.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  2. #2102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,950
    we have zero way of getting Russell. He actually took a monster step forward, is on his rookie deal this year, and Brooklyn is looking to add, not subtract.

    I love Conley, but he is a short term answer to mediocre land..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #2103
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,627
    Conley ticks way too many boxes for me to be indifferent.

  4. #2104
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,150
    Well, apparently, we just hired David Vanterpool to be our associate headcoach. He has a relationship with Wiggins from his team Canada day, which basically spells it out that Wiggins is not getting moved, at least not this year. On a side note, I am slowly becoming impressed with the front office/coaching staff that is being assembled.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  5. #2105
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Apparently, the Wolves are interested in D'lo Russel. I really don't see how we can offer him anything unless there is a trade in the works to clear a ton of cap space(Teague, Dieng, Wiggins, etc). As a reply to Dayman, I think Memphis would pull the trigger on that, but I am not sure I would from our standpoint. Parsons has an awful, awful contract. He was basically good for one year, got his deal and then got fat.
    I agree Parson's is bad, but that bad contract is up a year from now, that's 24M in cap space to work with. Taking on Parson's means no more Wiggins, Teague or Dieng, 3 overpaid players that are locking us into mediocrity at best. Plus we upgrade at PG. Conley can also be a tradable asset down the road.

    IMO we have 3 guys that can be pieces to build around. Towns, Covington and Okogie. I might be wrong about Obi One but I think he could be a stud and were better with him then with Wiggins. Conley is an upgrade over Teague and could help us be attractive enough to a FA next year. So lets dump these overpaid players already

  6. #2106
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayman26 View Post
    I agree Parson's is bad, but that bad contract is up a year from now, that's 24M in cap space to work with. Taking on Parson's means no more Wiggins, Teague or Dieng, 3 overpaid players that are locking us into mediocrity at best. Plus we upgrade at PG. Conley can also be a tradable asset down the road.

    IMO we have 3 guys that can be pieces to build around. Towns, Covington and Okogie. I might be wrong about Obi One but I think he could be a stud and were better with him then with Wiggins. Conley is an upgrade over Teague and could help us be attractive enough to a FA next year. So lets dump these overpaid players already
    I really don't see the point of such a major trade for Memphis. The 11th pic is not worth the albatross of Wiggins' contract, nor are we even considering trading Wiggins if you read between the lines of all of the latest coaching staff hirings.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  7. #2107
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,627
    This isn't a trade idea. I was just watching the upcoming FAs and when I saw Middleton, I started imagining him and RoCo and Okogie... and now I can't stand up from my office.

  8. #2108
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    This isn't a trade idea. I was just watching the upcoming FAs and when I saw Middleton, I started imagining him and RoCo and Okogie... and now I can't stand up from my office.
    When I have that problem, I always think about baseball.

  9. #2109
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    When I have that problem, I always think about baseball.
    Hahaha I don't know the rules. On the other hand that makes it more distracting

  10. #2110
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,627
    Let's do some fantasy trades.

    1) Trade Teague plus #11 for #8 and #35
    2) Pick White at #8
    3) Pick Okeke at #35
    4) Pick Ponds at #43
    5) Re-sign Tyus
    6) Sign Tobbias Harris (hey I said fantasy)

    PG: White (3,390m) / Tyus (7,5m) / Ponds (1m)
    SG: Wiggins (27.504m UGH!) / Okogie (2.533m) / Reynolds (500k)
    SF: RoCo (11.301m) / Okeke (1m)
    PF: Harris (20m) / Saric (3.481m) / KBD (838k)
    C: Towns (27.25m) / Dieng (16.229m)

    Total salaries 122.526m. That's 564k more than we spend this year.
    Of course we are going to need another C for depth

  11. #2111
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,150
    Let's say getting D'lo is a remote possibility but the Nets are willing to resign him(sounds like it may not necessarily be the case if Irving is going to Brooklyn), what would we be willing to give up in a S&T? Let say, something that the Nets could reasonably request is RoCo, Saric/Okogie and the 11th pick. Would you pull the trigger? Is Russell really going to be all that?

    There are also rumors that he would prefer the Phoenix Suns over the Wolves(even if the Wolves had cap space). I can't say I blame him either. What other potential targets can we have(if we can move some contracts like Teague and Dieng)? Would we even want Rubio on this team at this point? What do the Wolves really need to at least become competitive in the west? Lakers just got a whole lot better(if they are healthy). The Clippers are about to get a whole lot better with Kawhi. The Maverics may be really good this year. I feel like the Wolves are on the outside looking in for a playoff spot the next few years no matter what they do basically. And in 2-3 years, the Pelicans and the Grizzlies will be absolute monsters. I am honestly getting a feeling that the KAT era is over before it even started. With GS, LAL, POR, LAC, UTAH, DEN being clearly better for the foreseeable future, OKC, HOU and SAS on a slow decline and teams like PHO, MEM, DAL and NO up and coming, we are stuck in the land of 30-35 wins for the next decade right next to Sacramento. Seriously, if we don't make significant changes we are a bottom 2-3 team in the conference again this year.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 06-17-2019 at 10:19 AM.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  12. #2112
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Let's say getting D'lo is a remote possibility but the Nets are willing to resign him(sounds like it may not necessarily be the case if Irving is going to Brooklyn), what would we be willing to give up in a S&T? Let say, something that the Nets could reasonably request is RoCo, Saric/Okogie and the 11th pick. Would you pull the trigger? Is Russell really going to be all that?

    There are also rumors that he would prefer the Phoenix Suns over the Wolves(even if the Wolves had cap space). I can't say I blame him either. What other potential targets can we have(if we can move some contracts like Teague and Dieng)? Would we even want Rubio on this team at this point? What do the Wolves really need to at least become competitive in the west? Lakers just got a whole lot better(if they are healthy). The Clippers are about to get a whole lot better with Kawhi. The Maverics may be really good this year. I feel like the Wolves are on the outside looking in for a playoff spot the next few years no matter what they do basically. And in 2-3 years, the Pelicans and the Grizzlies will be absolute monsters. I am honestly getting a feeling that the KAT era is over before it even started. With GS, LAL, POR, LAC, UTAH, DEN being clearly better for the foreseeable future, OKC, HOU and SAS on a slow decline and teams like PHO, MEM, DAL and NO up and coming, we are stuck in the land of 30-35 wins for the next decade right next to Sacramento. Seriously, if we don't make significant changes we are a bottom 2-3 team in the conference again this year.
    I mean, this is exactly why most of us are lukewarm, or done with this team to a large degree. Rinse, repeat for them. The odds are, KAT will be wasted here, and will be gone eventually. We will continue to spin the wheels, maybe make the playoffs again (probably not), and continue on our forever path of being just below average to really bad. It's why the Wolves fanbase is lifeless. 30 years of the same **** dude.


    Until proven otherwise, this is a crappy team, with a crappy owner, and a team that will always make more bad decisions than good.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #2113
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Let's say getting D'lo is a remote possibility but the Nets are willing to resign him(sounds like it may not necessarily be the case if Irving is going to Brooklyn), what would we be willing to give up in a S&T? Let say, something that the Nets could reasonably request is RoCo, Saric/Okogie and the 11th pick. Would you pull the trigger? Is Russell really going to be all that?

    There are also rumors that he would prefer the Phoenix Suns over the Wolves(even if the Wolves had cap space). I can't say I blame him either. What other potential targets can we have(if we can move some contracts like Teague and Dieng)? Would we even want Rubio on this team at this point? What do the Wolves really need to at least become competitive in the west? Lakers just got a whole lot better(if they are healthy). The Clippers are about to get a whole lot better with Kawhi. The Maverics may be really good this year. I feel like the Wolves are on the outside looking in for a playoff spot the next few years no matter what they do basically. And in 2-3 years, the Pelicans and the Grizzlies will be absolute monsters. I am honestly getting a feeling that the KAT era is over before it even started. With GS, LAL, POR, LAC, UTAH, DEN being clearly better for the foreseeable future, OKC, HOU and SAS on a slow decline and teams like PHO, MEM, DAL and NO up and coming, we are stuck in the land of 30-35 wins for the next decade right next to Sacramento. Seriously, if we don't make significant changes we are a bottom 2-3 team in the conference again this year.
    Not that much.

    If they get Irving, they're not going to want to pay big $ to keep Russell.

    I'd be happy with something built around Dario and maybe the 11th. If they said no to that, that's fine - let someone else sign him to an offer sheet and they either lose him for nothing or have to pay overs to have two max players that play the same position. Losing our Pick, Cov & Okogie isn't worth it to sign Russell to what will probably be an inflated deal (as much as I like Russell), at least in my opinion.

    I do like the Russell fit, especially if we see Okogie as a long-term piece.

  14. #2114
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,627
    I mean I am not willing to trade RoCo, hesitant to give Okogie and less about giving Saric (IF we have a plan to replace him).

    On the other hand you can't get into a bidding war with Brooklyn. Especially if you factor that 2 stars that are about to become FAs are long term injured.

  15. #2115
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,726
    I'd be very interested to see what we could interest teams with + 11 to move up to the 4th pick. I just don't see it

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •