Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130
Results 1,936 to 1,948 of 1948
    How about a salary dump of ryan Anderson for Wiggins? Maybe we could con them into also giving us a future protected first?

Here

TJ Warren
    Ryan Anderson

For
    Jeff Teague
    Andrew Wiggins
    Last edited by Twolves88; 11-13-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I was playing around with the trade machine and trying to figure out how to get us a decent PG instead of Teague. I thought of maybe trying to swap Tyus for fultz? They want Simmons to be the man that runs the show and tyus can be an efficient player even without he ball 24/7. They also need big man depth so I thought of maybe shipping out Taj for someone. I know Taj is effective but hes on the last year of his contract and likely will command more money then we will be willing to give him.

I'd like to role into next year with something like this:

1. Fultz or another PG not named Teague/Rose
    2. Okogie
    3. Covington
    4. Saric
    5. Towns
    It's going to be interesting with how we fill out our roster from here, no doubt.

I think we're mainly stuck with what we've got for a while. Teague and Wiggins' contracts make them somewhat difficult to move - or at least, you're probably not going to get anything of value in return.

I'd love for Okogie to be our starting 2 next year. We'd probably need a vet off the bench but I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    It's going to be interesting with how we fill out our roster from here, no doubt.

I think we're mainly stuck with what we've got for a while. Teague and Wiggins' contracts make them somewhat difficult to move - or at least, you're probably not going to get anything of value in return.

I'd love for Okogie to be our starting 2 next year. We'd probably need a vet off the bench but I like the idea.

Value wise I don't care about Wiggins I just want him gone. With Okogie playing his *** off it shows just how little effort wiggins puts into a normal game. Okogie might not be an elite scorer but the guy makes so many hustle plays. That alone makes him someone that should be starting.

I'd really honestly swap Wiggins for Ryan Anderson straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    I don't mind the Rozier idea - though he is pretty much a younger version of Rose. I'd be good with a Rozier/Tyus combo, but as you suggested Tyus would probably be the only piece they'd want back.
    I apologize. For some reason I thought Rozier was a good defender.

P.s. Are there so few PGs that are good defenders?
    Last edited by silverson; 11-14-2018 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post

we used to have an elite defensive PG...

there are plenty of good ones, but even they are limited due to no touch rule on the perimeter. CP3 is about as good as you hope for. But Pat Bev, every guard not named Kyrie on Boston, Lowry, there are a handful of good ones. You really just want your PG to be able to turn guys, and contest shots, while getting some deflections at this point. The rules don't allow a lead dog up front anymore.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Value wise I don't care about Wiggins I just want him gone. With Okogie playing his *** off it shows just how little effort wiggins puts into a normal game. Okogie might not be an elite scorer but the guy makes so many hustle plays. That alone makes him someone that should be starting.

yeah honestly, with Covington here, we could easily just start Okogie at the 2 if we could get Wiggins out of here. I imagine Sac would take him, but we would need to send a 1st out with him. It would be a step back this year starting Okogie, but we would have Rose, and hopefully we could swing a deal for an older vet (they always come available the next 3 months) to bolster the bench.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    we used to have an elite defensive PG...

there are plenty of good ones, but even they are limited due to no touch rule on the perimeter. CP3 is about as good as you hope for. But Pat Bev, every guard not named Kyrie on Boston, Lowry, there are a handful of good ones. You really just want your PG to be able to turn guys, and contest shots, while getting some deflections at this point. The rules don't allow a lead dog up front anymore.
    I know Hawk, it still hurts. FU Thibs!

I was playing around with the trade machine and trying to figure out how to get us a decent PG instead of Teague. I thought of maybe trying to swap Tyus for fultz? They want Simmons to be the man that runs the show and tyus can be an efficient player even without he ball 24/7. They also need big man depth so I thought of maybe shipping out Taj for someone. I know Taj is effective but hes on the last year of his contract and likely will command more money then we will be willing to give him.

I'd like to role into next year with something like this:

1. Fultz or another PG not named Teague/Rose
    2. Okogie
    3. Covington
    4. Saric
    5. Towns
    I did heard before of how Fultz would be the odd one out now that Butler is there and decide maybe we should get him, but after looking over some youtube of him and he shoot even worser then Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by JeVo7 View Post
    I did heard before of how Fultz would be the odd one out now that Butler is there and decide maybe we should get him, but after looking over some youtube of him and he shoot even worser then Shaq.
    yeah Fultz had something with his shoulder if I remember correctly. He is damaged goods.

Hahaha fair enough dude - I'm of the same opinion, for what it's worth. I'd be happy to move him just to get out from under his contract. I don't think Taylor nor Thibs would agree with us though.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post

No need to apologize! I only watched him closely during the playoffs last season, so my opinion is probably skewed - I've only see him play maybe two games this season.

But yeah, in the playoffs he looked great on offense. He was just a flash, lightning quick - absolute instant offence. Maybe Rose wasn't the best comparison overall - he just reminded me of a young Rose on offense. Defensively Rozier seemed fine - I think if he'd be right around average as far as starting PGs go. As you alluded too, there aren't that many good/great defenders at the point - as Hawk said, I think Beverly is the best. He seems like one of those guys where I hate him when the Wolves verse him, but I'd love him on our team. IMO - Conley, Lowry and Paul are all starting to age a bit, but are all still solid. Wall used to get by just off effort/athleticism/footwork, but injuries and his ****y attitude appear to have stopped that. This maybe an unpopular opinion, but as far as young PGs go, I actually think Lonzo could be the best - or at least have the most potential. On defense, that is. I can never remember his name, but the young Knicks guard is solid too.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7e4l427

I want this but I see no way Atlanta does it. Even if it has a first round pick attached and/or Tyus.
    But the versatility that team would have.

Ok have never been a JR Smith guy but.....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yapuh2jk

JR and Ante Zizic for Dieng

I think we can cut JR? Keep Zizic as a backup cheap Center.... ?