Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 179 of 182 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2718
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Minnesota Timberwolves receive: Bradley Beal
    Washington Wizards receive: #1 overall pick, Josh Okogie, Jake Layman, Jarrett Culver and James Johnson

* Minnesota gets a 3rd star to pair up with Karl Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell...as you try to win now

* Washington goes on a rebuild with the #1 overall pick as they get younger but you also have Rui Hachimura there and John Wall coming back healthy...it really works out
    I don't know. I am coming to a realization that if the only star player I would trade for(that is at least rumored to be available and not named Booker[simply for the banana boat]) would be Simmons. I really don't think that Beal is that good. He is a stellar scorer, points wise, but his efficiency numbers are very average. Honestly, if we don't care about defense and just want a high volume scorer, Lavine would be cheaper and would provide 80% of what Beal does. I also think that Beasley has the potential to be better than either in the +/- column and efficiency. I think what we really need is a bigger wing, someone 6'6"+.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Well, this is about as Minnesota as it gets. I am even more on-board drafting Edwards and not resigning Beasley, period, lol.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-drug-charges

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

https://sports.yahoo.com/timberwolve...185724440.html

I wouldn't go overboard yet...

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley was released from jail Sunday and will not be charged with any crimes, according to The Athletic. Beasley was arrested Saturday and was held in custody due to allegations of marijuana possession and receiving and concealing stolen weapons.

Details regarding Beasley’s arrest are scarce. Police were reportedly called to Beasley’s house Saturday. They took Beasley into custody, where he was held without bail until meeting with a judge Sunday.

The Timberwolves are aware of the situation, telling The Athletic the team is “gathering information at this time.” Beasley’s attorney, Steve Haney, told The Athletic that multiple people were present at Beasley’s house at the time, and that “the allegations against Malik will be defended vigorously.”

I agree with letting Beasley walk. Of course he has “fall guys” every high profile athlete involved in crime does. He’s responsible for who he hangs around. Obviously other athletes have done worse but he sounds like someone with gang affiliation. Sucks because he just killed his trade value.

Crap! Damn it...
    Is it worth keeping now that his contract will be favourable?

Minnesota in order to keep KAT happy they need to trade for another All Star to pair up with him and All Star DLo...but who?

Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    I agree with letting Beasley walk. Of course he has “fall guys” every high profile athlete involved in crime does. He’s responsible for who he hangs around. Obviously other athletes have done worse but he sounds like someone with gang affiliation. Sucks because he just killed his trade value.
    We can't exactly trade him unless it's an S&T.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Crap! Damn it...
    Is it worth keeping now that his contract will be favourable?
    Not on a team full of guys under 25, it is not. IMHO, off course.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Not on a team full of guys under 25, it is not. IMHO, off course.
    See I agree with you but then I think he will be snapped up by another team on a 7 mil contract for example and thrive

pump the brakes for now guys. Beasley hasn't been charged with anything, and by all accounts, is a great teammate, with a huge work ethic. Now, did he likely pick the wrong guys to keep company with? Sure, probably did. Not to turn this into a social issue, but unfortunately many NBA players come from backgrounds not the greatest, and when they start making money, and leading a good life, many of them struggle to separate what is good and bad from their former life. We at least need to let the dust settle, and see what happens.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    pump the brakes for now guys. Beasley hasn't been charged with anything, and by all accounts, is a great teammate, with a huge work ethic. Now, did he likely pick the wrong guys to keep company with? Sure, probably did. Not to turn this into a social issue, but unfortunately many NBA players come from backgrounds not the greatest, and when they start making money, and leading a good life, many of them struggle to separate what is good and bad from their former life. We at least need to let the dust settle, and see what happens.
    I mean, I really have no issue even if it was him personally. I had a car parked next to my house for damn near 45 minutes the other day with two elderly folks, and the first thought I caught myself thinking was maybe I should go ask them if they have any issues, but grab my AK just in case. That's the climate we live in. I also have ZERO issues with weed. I don't smoke, but plenty of my friends do. I think it's more of the fact that the weapon was stolen, but to be honest, it's not difficult to private purchase a weapon that you don't know was stolen because regulations are very lax. I guess it it's a non issue, but it slightly decreases Beasley's potential contract, I am all for keeping him on the cheap, if it ends up being either a misunderstanding or a defensive action.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

From what I'm hearing KAT wants out of Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I mean, I really have no issue even if it was him personally. I had a car parked next to my house for damn near 45 minutes the other day with two elderly folks, and the first thought I caught myself thinking was maybe I should go ask them if they have any issues, but grab my AK just in case. That's the climate we live in. I also have ZERO issues with weed. I don't smoke, but plenty of my friends do. I think it's more of the fact that the weapon was stolen, but to be honest, it's not difficult to private purchase a weapon that you don't know was stolen because regulations are very lax. I guess it it's a non issue, but it slightly decreases Beasley's potential contract, I am all for keeping him on the cheap, if it ends up being either a misunderstanding or a defensive action.
    for sure man. And in reality, how we react to anything is built off our memory system. When you come from an urban area like Atlanta, surrounded by crap I never saw growing up, tough to shake it is all.

IF he was not in the wrong, outside of picking better people to let into his home, and learns from his mistakes, and we get him on the cheap because of it, win-win for everyone...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    From what I'm hearing KAT wants out of Minnesota
    to be honest, if he plays defense and shows no care about winning for yet another season, nobody will miss him....

I just saw on psd front page that Doc may be willing to trade Ben Simmons for the #1 pick so he can draft lamelo. If I’m the wolves I trade that pick for Ben Simmons in a heartbeat. Y’all feeling that?