Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 2,896 to 2,907 of 2907
    I personally think this is a boneheaded move, but I am biased. I think Rubio should have brought back more than that. You could have had this same deal on the table at the deadline.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I personally think this is a boneheaded move, but I am biased. I think Rubio should have brought back more than that. You could have had this same deal on the table at the deadline.
    Well with him expiring and drawing some interest I can see that, we didn't get tons of value. However he isn't worth much either, we traded 17/Johnson who didn't play much for 25/28 and him on top.

From what I see we get an extra 2nd and save almost 5 mil in cap (allowing us to potentially make a signing without going into tax). Prince is also probably more of the role player type they were looking for with some size, ability to space, and plays defense. Probably can have a similar impact to Rubio on the court still even if I am not high on him either, Rubio wasn't very good for us from an on court standpoint.

As long as Ant is ok with it so am I lol

Sounds like we have signed McKinley Wright to a 2 way contract, he is from MN and played with Colorado....

The Timberwolves will sign a two-way deal with undrafted Colorado guard McKinley Wright IV, writes ESPNís Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link).

The 6í0″ point guard enjoyed four decorated seasons with the Buffaloes. He was a three-time All-Pac-12 selection, a two-time All-Pac-12 Tourney honoree, and a 2020 Pac-12 All-Defensive Team member.

Wright, 22, ranks sixth on ESPNís list of undrafted prospects. He averaged 15.2 PPG, 5.7 APG, 4.3 RPG and 1.1 SPG in 32 games for the Buffaloes, on .480/.301/.844 shooting during his senior season in 2020/21. Wright started in all but one of his 132 regular season games with the club.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/07/...berwolves.html

On todayís show, we get into the Minnesota Timberwolves draft night. A night that included no draft picks, but a rather meaningful trade of Ricky Rubio in exchange for Taurean Prince and a 2022 2nd round pick. Mixed into the pod are audio snippets from Gersson Rosasí late-night press conference that help clarify what the Wolves were doing on draft night and what they may have planned for the offseason.

Myles Turner Fodder: Rosasí suggests they will be pursuing a big man in the offseason to play next to Karl-Anthony Towns, potentially even a center

What Prince would bring if he is in fact the starting power forward

The financial flexibility created by swapping Rubio for Prince

Why Prince presents the same problems Robert Covington and Jaden McDaniels presented as small-ball partners for KAT in the frontcourt
    https://www.canishoopus.com/2021/7/3...berwolves-2021

Dane Moore podcast with some Rosas commentary. Sounds like we want a nice big potentially still and it could even be a center (Myles Turner hint? he talked about depends on availability which to me implies that's more likely). Prince could be an option with McDaniel's as other starter at forward but I think we are looking for one more upgrade still at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    https://www.canishoopus.com/2021/7/3...berwolves-2021

Dane Moore podcast with some Rosas commentary. Sounds like we want a nice big potentially still and it could even be a center (Myles Turner hint? he talked about depends on availability which to me implies that's more likely). Prince could be an option with McDaniel's as other starter at forward but I think we are looking for one more upgrade still at least.
    The biggest question is who? Followed up by what do we need to give up? I really don't want to give up McDaniels after the season he had as just a rookie. I think he could slot into our starting four. The bigs that seem to be available don't really intrigue me. Is a Towns/Turner situation any better than what indiana has been stuck with in Sabonis/Turner? That hasnt exactly worked out for them...

Rubio trade is rather annoying. Rubio and Edwards really seemed to have chemistry and get along. Edwards really looked for him to be a mentor. It seems rather short sighted to trade him. We also could of used him as a much larger trade chip at the trade deadline with his expiring contract and the demand from contenders... Prince and a 2nd doesn't exactly excite me. His expiring could of been used to obtain a real difference maker..

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    The biggest question is who? Followed up by what do we need to give up? I really don't want to give up McDaniels after the season he had as just a rookie. I think he could slot into our starting four. The bigs that seem to be available don't really intrigue me. Is a Towns/Turner situation any better than what indiana has been stuck with in Sabonis/Turner? That hasnt exactly worked out for them...

Rubio trade is rather annoying. Rubio and Edwards really seemed to have chemistry and get along. Edwards really looked for him to be a mentor. It seems rather short sighted to trade him. We also could of used him as a much larger trade chip at the trade deadline with his expiring contract and the demand from contenders... Prince and a 2nd doesn't exactly excite me. His expiring could of been used to obtain a real difference maker..
    To be fair, Prince is also an expiring and a slightly more manageable contract as far as deadline trade is concerned. My reason for being upset is because I project Ricky will have a killer year.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Timberwolves Trade/Ideas/Rumors Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post

Iím not sure exactly but I assume a mix of our guys, we should be consolidating assets imo. The other notes seem to include mcdaniels in our core, I agree I wouldnít move him unless itís for a legit stud type.

Rubio trade downside is related to ant as you get at imo. I said it when we brought him in too but the on court impact wasnít that great anyways (even now with hindsight I think thatís true). Prince wouldnít be far off that but gives us flexibility as well. We can still move his expiring if something good comes along. I am not overly excited by this either but itís not that bad at the same time. To me this is more of a minor move that gives some flexibility, I donít like or hate it really.

I hope we can make a significant move and bring in a very good forward. Iíd give basically anything outside our core to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Markkanen is gone.

Edit: Well, I guess the reports that he is going to the Spurs were premature. Something tells me he is coming here. I actually really like his fit, over say John Collins or Galinari.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 08-03-2021 at 11:32 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Has a team ever not done anything in the draft nor FA before? Or more specifically a team that finished 25th?

I dunno the answer to that but this has been a very very slow start to the offseason. I think giving up that pick made this possibility very likely but still it's tough to watch other teams make additions/improve while we sit around with limited options. Markennen seems like a possibility still of guys mentioned in FA market but not too much else out there. Jmac/Vandy of course could still return as we have QO to each.

Still tons of time before next season but I think many expected a bit more activity (maybe the FO included). I would hope they are working on a bigger trade to make an impact addition still.

Personally I am not enthused by Markkanen or Gallinari. Both of them don't play D.
    I still wish we could trade for Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Personally I am not enthused by Markkanen or Gallinari. Both of them don't play D.
    I still wish we could trade for Simmons.
    I am actually ok with what we have, besides the fact that I want to get some guys out of here. Specifically, I would love to consolidate Huancho, Culver and Okogie into a single decent rotation big. I would keep Layman as I think he is good value for what he makes. If I had to keep one of the 3 mentioned, I would actually prefer keeping Culver, because he hasn't really had a chance due to health reasons and has negative value at this point.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1: