Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1494
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    On the other side, I think it's a good attitude to have, since I believe Wiggins is going to surprise people like you this season. Let's be honest, he should and will likely still get traded at some point in the next 12 months(especially in my dream scenario for Booker), but I think he is trading back up this season. As I have said before, people mature at different rates. I am a huge pessimist as far as real life goes, so when I am optimistic about something, it's usually a good sign. I am honestly more concerned with KAT, since he just seems overly cocky in all of his interviews recently. The guy has done absolute squat so far in his career. If he is as good as he seems to think he is, he should be leading this team to the playoffs every year. If I remember correctly, KLove had some stellar numbers on our 17 win Timberwolves teams. As far as the Butler trade goes, you can definitely see it from the Wolves staff point of view - Lavine was a huge risk after his injury and Wiggins was coming off a 23 PPG campaign where he got to the line at an above league average rate.
    but I can't see if from their staffs point of view, because those numbers were hollow, and everything about his game was bad, as well as all advanced metrics that staff had at it's disposal. See what I am getting at? We are SO inept, we can't even evaluate our own players correctly. There is literally no defending, at all, not a single bit, the money Wiggins got. It's absolute failure of the front office, the owner, and just is the exact example of why I am sick of this team.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Does anyone know if there is a way to watch the Wolves vs Sun tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to watch the Wolves vs Sun tonight?
    Reddit nba streams is your friend.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I watched the whole preseason game, and I have to say, I came away encouraged. At one point we had a lineup of:
    C: KAT
    PF: RoCo
    SF: Wiggins
    SG: Okogie
    PG: Culver

and that lineup absolutely dominated the suns for the 4-5 minutes it was out there.
    KAT looked like, well KAT.
    Layman took too many threes and missed them all.
    Wiggins bricked every shot, but he looked pretty engaged on D.
    Teague looked old.
    Vonleh looked lost, but I think he will come around.
    Napier looked the part.
    Culver looked really good after his initial airball 3.
    Okogie looked the same - out of control at 100 mph.
    Traveon Graham looked like a player. I am actually very pleasantly surprised. Good positioning on D, very good hard drives to the basket. Knocked down some open threes.

The rest looked like, well scrubs, except for maybe Nowell who has some offensive talent. Dieng looked really slow.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I watched the whole preseason game, and I have to say, I came away encouraged. At one point we had a lineup of:

and that lineup absolutely dominated the suns for the 4-5 minutes it was out there.
    Teague looked old.
    Napier looked the part.
    Traveon Graham looked like a player. I am actually very pleasantly surprised. Good positioning on D, very good hard drives to the basket. Knocked down some open threes.

The rest looked like, well scrubs, except for maybe Nowell who has some offensive talent. Dieng looked really slow.
    Thanks for the recap for those of us that couldn't watch the game, oefarmy!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Thanks for the recap for those of us that couldn't watch the game, oefarmy!
    I honestly think that a starting lineup of KAT, Bell, RoCo, Obi-Wan and Culver could be really good this year, on both ends.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Teague looked old.
    Napier looked the part.

Dieng is dramatically slow

Wiggins had a lot of fouls. Hopefully, Ryan has told him to try foul out by the first quarter so we don't need to play him for three quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    Wiggins had a lot of fouls. Hopefully, Ryan has told him to try foul out by the first quarter so we don't need to play him for three quarters.
    WTF are you talking about?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

To summarize this last game.
    - The few minutes that Wigs played, he looked very solid. We were -1(3rd best in this game) when he was on the floor, which should be a big surprise. Wiggins has also clearly worked on his handle this summer.
    - Culver is going to be a legitimate player and looks very comfortable with the ball in his hands(I know the box score says he forced a bit), at least the first 3 quarters that I watched. Honestly, Culver looks way more comfortable running point that Lavine did his first 2 years. I think we finally took the right guy in the draft. I have seen Brandon Roy comparisons for his ceiling, and it seems spot on to me. I just pray he stays healthy, because one way or another, he is going to be a very good pro.
    - Naz is a really big dude and is quite mobile for his size. I think he may be a hidden gem.
    - Graham,Layman,Napier all looked like good rotational players.
    - RoCo has been really struggling with his shot, but he was active on defense as always.
    - Nowell, the guy I have been really pulling for look pedestrian at best.
    - Dieng didn't see a minute of play, which should be telling. I think we are going to buy the guy out, tbh.

Curry torched us for 40, but to be honest, he was well defended and was just vintage Curry at home.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 10-11-2019 at 09:51 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

My thoughts from the highlights I watched and what I read.
    RoCo is not at 100% and he said so himself. I want to see how we use him in D. Do we use him to mark the best player or as an anchor.

Our D has not been good but it has been destructive with certain line ups.

We shoot a lot of 3s but in these 2 games we are not hitting them well,

We have a problem with rebounds.

I reserve judgement for individual players but I pretty much agree with Oefarmy. Vonleh seems meh though so far.

As for Bell I want to watch him first.

And yet one more time I find my self saying if only one of our players improved his 3p shooting. This time it's Culver.

Looking ahead my ideal scenario would be for Culver to go at PG, Okogie to develop a shot and learn how to manage his energy and a two way player to compliment Towns and RoCo.

What would that player be? Ideally a strong PF who is an efficient scorer, good 3p shooter and defender. So...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    My thoughts from the highlights I watched and what I read.
    RoCo is not at 100% and he said so himself. I want to see how we use him in D. Do we use him to mark the best player or as an anchor.

Our D has not been good but it has been destructive with certain line ups.

We shoot a lot of 3s but in these 2 games we are not hitting them well,

We have a problem with rebounds.

I reserve judgement for individual players but I pretty much agree with Oefarmy. Vonleh seems meh though so far.

As for Bell I want to watch him first.

And yet one more time I find my self saying if only one of our players improved his 3p shooting. This time it's Culver.

Looking ahead my ideal scenario would be for Culver to go at PG, Okogie to develop a shot and learn how to manage his energy and a two way player to compliment Towns and RoCo.

What would that player be? Ideally a strong PF who is an efficient scorer, good 3p shooter and defender. So...yeah.
    What would that player be? A perennial all star guard who can break the d down and hit 3s...

I tried to watch the GS game but it was a bunch of wnba players being interviewed...

RoCo shouldn't be a feature on offense btw guys. Like at all. In fact on a good team he is hidden on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    What would that player be? A perennial all star guard who can break the d down and hit 3s...

I tried to watch the GS game but it was a bunch of wnba players being interviewed...

RoCo shouldn't be a feature on offense btw guys. Like at all. In fact on a good team he is hidden on that end.
    Which player do you mean Hawk? Butler?

RoCo should be used as a spot up shooter who drives in IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post

Not many of those out there, and that's why I am all about somehow prying away Booker from the suns. I have heard rumors about Beal being available, but in an even scenario, I honestly prefer Booker.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

WTF are you talking about?
    Sorry, I should have mentioned I was speaking about Wiggins getting 5 fouls against the Phoenix Suns.

Then I joked that perhaps this was Ryan Saunders way of protecting Wiggins fragile ego by telling him to play really tough and foul out so Ryan does not have to play him in the second half of games as he would have already fouled out. Joke failed guys.

Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast