Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1585
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Rosas actually did an interview on KFAN radio after the Wiggins comments and he was clearly not excited about Standrew Wiggins. He was asked about our roster's future and he mentioned KAT's greatness and how Okogie, Cov, and Saric were great compliments to him, but he never once mentioned Wiggs. Then he was asked about Wiggins and he did not seemed enthused, as he said he came out of High school with a ton of potential and never lived up to it.

Also, when asked if we could make the playoffs next season, he sort of shrugged it off and said that his goal was long term sustainable success (opposite Thibs). However he did let something slip, as he said after drafting and making some trades this offseason, this roster could be ready to compete sooner than most think. The slip part was Rosas saying we may be making trades this offseason, as this is something rare for most front office people to say.
    Oh DW thank you so much for this. As much as I try to read on the team, living overseas I miss these things.

Very interesting interview. My mind is already making scenarios (trade Teague for a pick, sign Rubio, re-sign Tyus...)

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Oh DW thank you so much for this. As much as I try to read on the team, living overseas I miss these things.

Very interesting interview. My mind is already making scenarios (trade Teague for a pick, sign Rubio, re-sign Tyus...)
    I think Rubio can be gotten on the cheap and replacing Teague with him would be an upgrade for sure.

I think Rubio can be gotten on the cheap and replacing Teague with him would be an upgrade for sure.
    To be fair we are biased. Rubio is still not a good shooter no matter how much we love him

Personally I would not do it. I am still on the fence about White.
    I'd be tossing it up I think, I'm not sure which way I'd go.

I guess the answer all depends on how highly you rate White's potential.

What if it was Dario instead of Okogie?

So our 10th & Saric for the 5th (White)?

I read the article about Rosas saying that he will do his utmost to help Wiggins. I know it didn't sit well with Hawk and I am pretty sure that others would not have liked it.
    But I see it in another way. See it as having an inanimate object that you want to sell. Coming out and saying it sucks won't help you. Hyping it will help you more. And because of his contract Wiggins probably won't move this year. You need to raise his value. So you need to help him to get rid of him in a sense.
    what is he supposed to say, that Wiggins is a lost cause and he will look to move him? The only way to increase his value is to make him more valuable

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

was watching Rubio recently, we don't want him anymore. His quickness has diminished even further, meaning he is no longer a demon on defense, and all his other negatives are still there.

Ricky is going to have a pretty quick tail off, career wise.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Rosas actually did an interview on KFAN radio after the Wiggins comments and he was clearly not excited about Standrew Wiggins. He was asked about our roster's future and he mentioned KAT's greatness and how Okogie, Cov, and Saric were great compliments to him, but he never once mentioned Wiggs. Then he was asked about Wiggins and he did not seemed enthused, as he said he came out of High school with a ton of potential and never lived up to it.

Also, when asked if we could make the playoffs next season, he sort of shrugged it off and said that his goal was long term sustainable success (opposite Thibs). However he did let something slip, as he said after drafting and making some trades this offseason, this roster could be ready to compete sooner than most think. The slip part was Rosas saying we may be making trades this offseason, as this is something rare for most front office people to say.
    The only way he succeeds if he basically told Taylor, in a nice way, to gtfo out of the way and let him do his job. And that means making changes. If we can't trade Wiggins, we need a coach that will park his *** on the bench.

To be fair we are biased. Rubio is still not a good shooter no matter how much we love him
    We are all aware that he cant shoot, but we are also aware he's an upgrade over Teague.
    Last edited by DW3421; 05-10-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    The only way he succeeds if he basically told Taylor, in a nice way, to gtfo out of the way and let him do his job. And that means making changes. If we can't trade Wiggins, we need a coach that will park his *** on the bench.
    If you remember, Rosas was hired to be the GM in Dallas and resigned soon after because he didn't have enough control. In other words, he would not work with a hands on owner like Cuban. Maybe that's a good sign?

Considering we are picking 11th, I think we either trade the pick(likely) or draft a prospect with upside. I am fully on Romeo Langford TBH, but I think he may be gone by the time we pick, especially if he looks good at the combine.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Considering we are picking 11th, I think we either trade the pick(likely) or draft a prospect with upside. I am fully on Romeo Langford TBH, but I think he may be gone by the time we pick, especially if he looks good at the combine.
    Rosas is huge on adding cheap talent, which is done through late lottery picks. But Houston used to trade around a lot too, so who knows..

I like Langford. Seems like a swiss army knife player

I'll pass on Romeo Langford. Seems like just a hyper. Another Wiggins?

I'm not a huge fan of Langford either - but this draft feels very open after the top 6/7 or so.

I'd like to target a PG or a shooter ideally, but it also depends who's available.

Clarke might be okay - but only if we're not bringing Taj back (otherwise, what's the point of bringing in a 23 year old who's not going to play).

Overall, I'm not too fussed with what we do - I can see us moving down for multiple picks, due to not having any money for FA's.

The only player I don't want is Reddish - I don't think he's going to make it.

K. Johnson out of Kentucky is a guy that I would love at 11.

K. Johnson out of Kentucky is a guy that I would love at 11.
    isn't he a total overlap of Okogie?

Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast