Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1585
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I keep hearing/reading how amazing Covington is defensively, but he missed 200 games this year so I guess i will believe it when I see it.

I really don't know much about the guys around our pick area to be honest..
    With Covington we had the 7th best D in the NBA
    Without him... Well you know

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I wonder could a line up of Towns - Saric - Covington - Okogie and a PG like Isaiah Thomas (pre injury) make the playoffs?
    what do you think of Coby White?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

what do you think of Coby White?
    Don't know much about him Hawk. But the things I read are troubling me.
    No clear role. SG or PG
    Lots of TOs
    Foul trouble and in general gets out of control
    FT attempts are low
    Assist to usage is bad
    Efficiency rating is bad
    Offensive rating is low

Plus from the moment I saw him I have Brewer in my mind due to his body type. Brewer is 6'8" 185lbs, White is 6'5" 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Don't know much about him Hawk. But the things I read are troubling me.
    No clear role. SG or PG
    Lots of TOs
    Foul trouble and in general gets out of control
    FT attempts are low
    Assist to usage is bad
    Efficiency rating is bad
    Offensive rating is low

Plus from the moment I saw him I have Brewer in my mind due to his body type. Brewer is 6'8" 185lbs, White is 6'5" 185lbs
    To counter that, the positives I read are:

Lightning quick
    Scoring efficiency
    Good defensive potential
    Blowby ability
    Scores from anywhere

A lot of scouts compare him to Dame

Remember, we are in the age of your PG being a hybrid (Dame, Westbrook, etc)

We need a perimeter player badly, imo. I just don't follow college ball at all, so my knowledge is meh

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

To counter that, the positives I read are:

Lightning quick
    Scoring efficiency
    Good defensive potential
    Blowby ability
    Scores from anywhere

A lot of scouts compare him to Dame

Remember, we are in the age of your PG being a hybrid (Dame, Westbrook, etc)

We need a perimeter player badly, imo. I just don't follow college ball at all, so my knowledge is meh
    Coby White is the player we should covet for the reasons you mentioned above. I don't know if he'll be there at 10 but he would be my homerun pick for our Wolves. I like Tyus but we really need a long-term solution at PG to pair with KAT.

Off topic but I lost a lot of respect for Paul George this postseason and Russell Westbrook has solidified his spot as my most hated player in the league displacing James Harden. Westbrook is the epitome of all that is wrong with pro athletes these days. His sense of self-entitlement and arrogance makes me want to puke. He requires adulation and reverence from all those around him. If I were a member of the media, I tell OKC not to bother sending Russ out for interviews because we really don't give a **** about what he thinks. He can prance around in the locker room in his pastel outfits all by himself and we'll continue to follow Dame in the playoffs and recognize him as the far superior talent over Russ. Is there a team in the league that would rather have Russ over Dame? I don't think so...and Dame doesn't bring the baggage and drama that Russ does. I will actively root for nothing positive to ever happen for Westbrook from a fan's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Tobias was in LA for most of the season and he is a borderline star and imo Lou Williams is also a borderline star and one of the most underrated players in the league. I think they did most of there winning before moving Harris. However, I do think Utah and LAC are decent examples of what you are talking about regarding playing hard for a good coach, but one of them might have only made the playoffs due to Lebron missing some games.

On the Deing point, I agree 100%!
    I think you underestimate their 18-8 record after trading Tobias. Now, their schedule was very favorable, but common, they were beating the same bottom feeder teams the Wolves can't beat on their best day.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Off topic but I lost a lot of respect for Paul George this postseason and Russell Westbrook has solidified his spot as my most hated player in the league displacing James Harden. Westbrook is the epitome of all that is wrong with pro athletes these days. His sense of self-entitlement and arrogance makes me want to puke. He requires adulation and reverence from all those around him. If I were a member of the media, I tell OKC not to bother sending Russ out for interviews because we really don't give a **** about what he thinks. He can prance around in the locker room in his pastel outfits all by himself and we'll continue to follow Dame in the playoffs and recognize him as the far superior talent over Russ. Is there a team in the league that would rather have Russ over Dame? I don't think so...and Dame doesn't bring the baggage and drama that Russ does. I will actively root for nothing positive to ever happen for Westbrook from a fan's perspective.
    a) Westbrook had a very down year by every stat imaginable. For the body of work, Westbrook is the superior layer in every category imaginable
    b) It's good to see that Lillard went from a chucker to an Allstar and a budding superstar, but he is also easily as full of himself as Westbrook is
    c) We had that player that we are all talking about, a combo guard that can run point(Lavine), but we threw him away...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I have never dug Westbrook. He clearly does the Marshawn Lynch deal, and shows up for pressers because he is obligated.

Regarding Westbrook, he was down a lot this year, and it's exactly because of what I have pointed out on him for years-when his unwordly athletic ability became only "great", his decline would be rapid. I figure he is 2 years away from being a complete liability as a player, when you factor in he will eat up 40% of your cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    a) Westbrook had a very down year by every stat imaginable. For the body of work, Westbrook is the superior layer in every category imaginable
    b) It's good to see that Lillard went from a chucker to an Allstar and a budding superstar, but he is also easily as full of himself as Westbrook is
    c) We had that player that we are all talking about, a combo guard that can run point(Lavine), but we threw him away...
    Lavine isn't Lillard or Westbrook, but he isn't going to be paid like that either. I would gladly take a Lavine making $18-20 million a year dude. GLADLY haha

I have never dug Westbrook. He clearly does the Marshawn Lynch deal, and shows up for pressers because he is obligated.

Regarding Westbrook, he was down a lot this year, and it's exactly because of what I have pointed out on him for years-when his unwordly athletic ability became only "great", his decline would be rapid. I figure he is 2 years away from being a complete liability as a player, when you factor in he will eat up 40% of your cap.
    Interesting take on Westbrook, Hawkeye...I agree completely but never thought of it that way until you posted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting take on Westbrook, Hawkeye...I agree completely but never thought of it that way until you posted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think about it though, what skill does he offer? Can't shoot, average passer, IQ is meh. His athletic ability is all he has. And man, was he a breathtaking athlete, and even still is. But as his burst declines, so does he. Wall is the same. There is a reason guys like Steve Nash age like fine wine haha

Coby White is the player we should covet for the reasons you mentioned above. I don't know if he'll be there at 10 but he would be my homerun pick for our Wolves. I like Tyus but we really need a long-term solution at PG to pair with KAT.
    I agree - on paper at least, White's strengths are exactly what we need.

A secondary scorer, good size/length and could turn into something on defense. I too really like Tyus, but realistically, he's never going to be a 'great' starter in this league, at least I don't think. Which is fine - every team needs role players, and I'd love to keep him as a backup, but I think another team might pay him this off season. Coaches love players that don't turn the ball over.

Another thing which may work in our favour (trying to look at the positives here), is that if we were able to nab White, we don't have to play him huge minutes if he's not ready, given we still have Teague for one more year.

One final point is that IF we're fairly certain Okogie is our SG of the future, we NEED a point guard that can score. Okogie will get by on his defense and effort, but I don't think he ever becomes a high volume scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post

A secondary scorer, good size/length and could turn into something on defense. I too really like Tyus, but realistically, he's never going to be a 'great' starter in this league, at least I don't think. Which is fine - every team needs role players, and I'd love to keep him as a backup, but I think another team might pay him this off season. Coaches love players that don't turn the ball over.

Another thing which may work in our favour (trying to look at the positives here), is that if we were able to nab White, we don't have to play him huge minutes if he's not ready, given we still have Teague for one more year.

One final point is that IF we're fairly certain Okogie is our SG of the future, we NEED a point guard that can score. Okogie will get by on his defense and effort, but I don't think he ever becomes a high volume scorer.
    I love White, as I think he will be an immediate impact player and exactly what we need. Outside of the big 3 of this draft, I like White as much or more than anyone in this draft. He's got size, decent athletic ability, scoring ability, defensive potential, and a good basketball IQ. If we land him I would be ecstatic. Also your dead on with your Okogie point and I would go even further, as Cov is also clearly limited offensively so a secondary scorer like White is exactly what we NEED.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post

I also like the idea of a modern, scoring PG, with a traditional option as a backup, who can fill in for gaps and start if needed (injury). White is tall enough to even move off the ball, and they could play together.

Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast