Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Interesting read about the break-up of the Bulls with some considerable attention paid to Jimmy Butler:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bulls-downfall

Oh, and apparently Thibs' 2016 offer for Butler was Rubio and the #5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Interesting read about the break-up of the Bulls with some considerable attention paid to Jimmy Butler:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bulls-downfall

Oh, and apparently Thibs' 2016 offer for Butler was Rubio and the #5 pick.
    I wonder if he would have planned on then moving Lavine for a vet, or if he would have held on to him.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I wonder if he would have planned on then moving Lavine for a vet, or if he would have held on to him.
    Imagine how much better we would be if the 2016 deal was accepted by the Bulls!

Good question especially considering that Zach would be in the last year of his contract. Him getting hurt probably made the decision easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Imagine how much better we would be if the 2016 deal was accepted by the Bulls!
    On paper, sure. But right now, Lavine is still a huge question mark, considering his injury. There would also be a whole set of dominos sure to ensue if they landed Butt last year, opposed to this year...you add Butler, and you don't play things slow. They assuredly would have been just as aggressive last year, as they were this year after adding Butt...For example, its no secret Thibs wanted Deng last year...maybe after adding Jimmy, Thibs would have been more inclined to match, or better the LAL offer he received.

On paper, sure. But right now, Lavine is still a huge question mark, considering his injury. There would also be a whole set of dominos sure to ensue if they landed Butt last year, opposed to this year...you add Butler, and you don't play things slow. They assuredly would have been just as aggressive last year, as they were this year after adding Butt...For example, its no secret Thibs wanted Deng last year...maybe after adding Jimmy, Thibs would have been more inclined to match, or better the LAL offer he received.
    Good point PJ....yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Good point PJ....yuk!
    Hoping to get him for nothing now, soon.

Hoping to get him for nothing now, soon.
    Doesn't want the Lakers, Lakers don't want him, no trade market. He'll be released sooner than later.

**** Lee Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Doesn't want the Lakers, Lakers don't want him, no trade market. He'll be released sooner than later.
    Exactly!

I wouldn't be so sure. Lakers need the cap space that a buyout would eat up. Between picks, Clarkson and Randle I imagine that they could strike a deal with a team like Brooklyn or Phoenix. Heck, I might even throw Utah into that mix.

**** Lee Terry.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    All do respect, Wiggins looked better in his first three years than Jimmy did and at a younger age. Go look at Jimmy's first 3 years. They were worse than Wiggins and at a younger age.
    Probably.

But by the time Butler had played the minutes and had the NBA experience Wiggins had after three years, Butler became a better and more complete player than Wiggins is ever likely to be.

I like the Deng idea, obviously if heís cheap enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Probably.

But by the time Butler had played the minutes and had the NBA experience Wiggins had after three years, Butler became a better and more complete player than Wiggins is ever likely to be.

Don't we also have to consider that Butler played 3 years(college), 106 games, and about 3200 more minutes than Wiggins before they were rookies? That is an advantage right?

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Probably.

Wiggins has already shown that right now, today he is the superior scorer. At 22 he is a better/more versatile scorer. You canít make a prediction like that about a 22 year old. Nothing to back it especially when the 22 year old is already a better scorer and heís barely scratching the surface of what he will be in his prime which is at least 5 years away, where Jimmy is right now. Math just doesnít add up, but again, time will tell.