Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1556
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    186
    I miss Rubio. Killing it in Utah.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,335
    ^He's been okay. People are getting carried away with the ppg right now.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,105
    Yeah, but they're getting carried away because detractors and the media at large always knocked him for supposedly "not being able" to score. That, and the Jazz are actually winning and winning with a rather bland roster at that.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Yeah, but they're getting carried away because detractors and the media at large always knocked him for supposedly "not being able" to score. That, and the Jazz are actually winning and winning with a rather bland roster at that.
    I love Ricky, but the media did not just knock him for not being able to score? They simply reported the facts, and the fact was he was NOT able to score. Your second point is very valid though, that Utah roster is a bottom of the barrel roster, and they should have no chance to make the playoffs.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,105
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    I love Ricky, but the media did not just knock him for not being able to score? They simply reported the facts, and the fact was he was NOT able to score. Your second point is very valid though, that Utah roster is a bottom of the barrel roster, and they should have no chance to make the playoffs.
    "Reported facts"? That's like saying Fox News reports facts. A boxscore reports facts. An NBA "analyst" provides commentary (like Fox News). They "interpret" what they see into mass consumption sound bites.

    How can you say that Rubio was "not able to score" when he's taken 9 shots per game on his career? A player like Damian Lillard averages twice as many points but also twice as many shots on his career.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

    I'm not saying that Rubio is on the same level as a scorer, but rather his ability to score has neither been proven nor dis-proven and yet people have jumped to the assumption that he passes because he can't score rather than that is his mentality.
    Last edited by topdog; 11-05-2017 at 11:56 PM.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,335
    I always felt it was more of his shooting that was knocked, rather than his scoring. He showed last season he can score post ASB, so what's conceived as this outburst in Utah should not be a surprise to Wolves fans (though the lack of assists should be).

    I do recall plenty of fans, and media members saying Thibs style of basketball requires more of a scoring PG...but never felt that was a knock on Rubio. Rubio's identity never has been as a scoring option, he is thought of more as that traditional PG passer...so yes, it is ironic that he is showing this attacking style of play now, which is the unspoken truth of what Thibs wanted his PG to be.

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,335
    So, how do we get a better backup PG on this team? Or do we just ride it out, hoping Tyus will pull it together?

    Who would be available in a trade?

    Deron Williams is still there in free agency. Wolves should be all over that in a week or so if Tyus doesnt step up.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,335
    Wondering if you guys are enjoying the winning this season? I know we have all become accustom to losing, and placing our hope in teenagers, but those times are gone, at least for the next few seasons.

    Dunn is out, and has sucked in his short time in CHI. Lavine has yet to play a game for another team other than the Wolves...I guess Rubio has been okay.

    What would you guys rather have? Are you happy with the best start in franchise history, or would you rather have Dunn, Lavine and Rubio with hopes that they will eventually figure it out?

  9. #759
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Wondering if you guys are enjoying the winning this season? I know we have all become accustom to losing, and placing our hope in teenagers, but those times are gone, at least for the next few seasons.

    Dunn is out, and has sucked in his short time in CHI. Lavine has yet to play a game for another team other than the Wolves...I guess Rubio has been okay.

    What would you guys rather have? Are you happy with the best start in franchise history, or would you rather have Dunn, Lavine and Rubio with hopes that they will eventually figure it out?
    Best start in Franchise history was 9-1 either in 01 or 02, I don't remember. But happy with this team.

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,014
    Rubio has always been a terrible scorer outside pockets of games. That can't really be debated.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    "Reported facts"? That's like saying Fox News reports facts. A boxscore reports facts. An NBA "analyst" provides commentary (like Fox News). They "interpret" what they see into mass consumption sound bites.

    How can you say that Rubio was "not able to score" when he's taken 9 shots per game on his career? A player like Damian Lillard averages twice as many points but also twice as many shots on his career.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

    I'm not saying that Rubio is on the same level as a scorer, but rather his ability to score has neither been proven nor dis-proven and yet people have jumped to the assumption that he passes because he can't score rather than that is his mentality.
    At least Fox News reports alternative facts! lol

    My point is that Rubio's lack of finishing at the rim and overall poor shooting % is what drove the narrative...Not the media.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Wondering if you guys are enjoying the winning this season? I know we have all become accustom to losing, and placing our hope in teenagers, but those times are gone, at least for the next few seasons.

    Dunn is out, and has sucked in his short time in CHI. Lavine has yet to play a game for another team other than the Wolves...I guess Rubio has been okay.

    What would you guys rather have? Are you happy with the best start in franchise history, or would you rather have Dunn, Lavine and Rubio with hopes that they will eventually figure it out?
    da..da..da.da.daaaa I'm loving it!

  13. #763
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,245
    Great to see a winning team...period.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    186
    Wolves looking great, but thins needs to chill with the minutes sometimes. Starters still playing while up 20 with under 2 mins left in game?

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleRick View Post
    Wolves looking great, but thins needs to chill with the minutes sometimes. Starters still playing while up 20 with under 2 mins left in game?
    My phone really loves to change thibs to thins, lol.

Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •