Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1659
  1. #721
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Imo we need to make a move for a shooter! Belinelli from ATL comes to mind and he is obtainable.

    Dieng and a couple 2nd rounders for Belinelli & ilyasova or Muscala?
    I have always liked Belinelli. Also, Okafor is looking for a buyout. Not that we need him, but wouldn't be terrible of the bench for both front court spots.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I have always liked Belinelli. Also, Okafor is looking for a buyout. Not that we need him, but wouldn't be terrible of the bench for both front court spots.
    I agree on Okafor, maybe we can nab him after he is bought out (my guess)! Having Tyus may make him interested in our Wolves. Reunited and it feels so good!

  3. #723
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I love these kinds of quotes. They always prove as much as they disprove. List all the guys his age that have had as much usage as him. Thats the group of guys you should focus on. Guys that get that much usage at that age are rare buddy. And the ones that put up Wiggins numbers at his age are pretty good. So...yeah, usage @ said age is very telling. Now if you want to dumb it down to just usage, and dumb down your result as well, be my guest. Excuse me if I am not to interested in a dumb down result.
    Oh boy. It's not that you're not interested in a 'dumb down' (what?) result, it's just that you don't understand - which is okay.

    Let me give you a simplified example (and one that's close to home), to try and illustrate how/why one's DOB is not the be all and end all.

    This year, being his 4th, Wiggins is now 22. He's had over 8,500 minutes of NBA experience, with the majority (all?) of that being the number one option on a below average team (to put it nicely).

    Jimmy Butler, on the other hand, came into the league as a 22 year old and played less than 10 minutes a night in about 45 games, on a successful Chicago team.

    In this instance, do you understand why Wiggins would be expected to have a better year than Butler, even though in this example they're both 22? Or do you think that because they are both the same age in their respective seasons, that Wiggins is just automatically a better overall player than Jimmy?

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,342
    ^further more, the league just gets younger and younger. Seemingly every team is littered with 19-23 year olds who are asked to contribute in big ways. Making the competition that 19-23 year olds encounter, much younger.

    Its not like when KG, or Kobe, or TMac entered the league as the only teenager in the draft. Without looking, I'm guessing around 60% of first rounder have been teenagers in the last 5 years.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ^further more, the league just gets younger and younger. Seemingly every team is littered with 19-23 year olds who are asked to contribute in big ways. Making the competition that 19-23 year olds encounter, much younger.

    Its not like when KG, or Kobe, or TMac entered the league as the only teenager in the draft. Without looking, I'm guessing around 60% of first rounder have been teenagers in the last 5 years.
    Agreed, but these players are all different and just because the norm is for some of them to show improvement by year 3 does not mean we should write off a 21 year old kid who has had 3 different coaches in 3 years(one died btw). Wiggy's situation here has been unique to say the least and I am willing to give him another year(this year) to prove that he can show improvement as a defender.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    755
    Someone really needs to jump on Wiggins case, whether that by Thibs, or Buttler, or whoever. When he is not focused on the game, he should be sitting on the bench and watching. Maybe less minutes is what he needs to light a fire. Maybe sitting down with Thibs and watching a little game film, and going over the lack of play, and wha he did wrong on each play. Treat him like rookie if that is how he wants to play. Sometimes pointing out the obvious to someone maybe be all it takes. Maybe he really doesnt know what he is suppose to be doing?
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    Someone really needs to jump on Wiggins case, whether that by Thibs, or Buttler, or whoever. When he is not focused on the game, he should be sitting on the bench and watching. Maybe less minutes is what he needs to light a fire. Maybe sitting down with Thibs and watching a little game film, and going over the lack of play, and wha he did wrong on each play. Treat him like rookie if that is how he wants to play. Sometimes pointing out the obvious to someone maybe be all it takes. Maybe he really doesnt know what he is suppose to be doing?
    Treat him like a rookie or how Popovich would! Pop would sit his *** down as soon as he sees him floating or coasting.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,243
    250 games in , started every single one, over 9000 minutes. **** age. He hasn't firgured it out yet. Future "star" is long gone. At this point we hope for "good starter".

    As PJ pointed out, this isn't 1997. 19-23 year olds litter the league and are asked to contribute. A players prime years ago was age 27-32. Its now 24-29.

    Age is irrelevant. For the 300th ****ing time. Wiggins is too laid back to ever realize his physical potential. Time to readjust expectations.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,243
    Even at the expense of losing I would welcome Thibs parking Towns and Wiggins on the bench when they don't show up on defense.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    9,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Even at the expense of losing I would welcome Thibs parking Towns and Wiggins on the bench when they don't show up on defense.
    Yeah, because if they don't play D we will lose when it counts anyways.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,342
    Regarding the Rubio vs Teague comparison that will go on for the duration of their careers, I want to point out that when the Wolves traded Rubio, their seemed to be legit mutual interest between Lowry and the Wolves. I believe the intent was to free up some room for Lowry. Unfortunately (or maybe luckily), the Wolves could not pay him $33 mil a year, and they went with their consolation guy in Teague.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,342
    Wolves should be all over an Okafor trade.

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Regarding the Rubio vs Teague comparison that will go on for the duration of their careers, I want to point out that when the Wolves traded Rubio, their seemed to be legit mutual interest between Lowry and the Wolves. I believe the intent was to free up some room for Lowry. Unfortunately (or maybe luckily), the Wolves could not pay him $33 mil a year, and they went with their consolation guy in Teague.
    This ^^! As big a fan as I am of Rubio the Lowry thing needs to be taken into consideration when judging him and Teague.

  14. #734
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Wolves should be all over an Okafor trade.
    Okafor wants to go to a place where he can play.... ain't happening here....

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,342
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    Okafor wants to go to a place where he can play.... ain't happening here....
    I think he could get around 20 minutes here, but the more I think about it, the more I don't like it.

    I like Jahlil, especially if he is a scorer off the bench. But if you get him, that means you are likely getting rid of Gorgui, and likely cutting in to Bjelica's minutes.

    I'd be completely fine with moving Gorgui, simply because I don't think he's worth the contract...but he is a tenured player here, who is an important part, so that is a factor. As is cutting Bjelica's minutes, who has been turning it on, and is likely our best three point shooter...probably not wise to cut three point shooting form a team who is weak with three point shooting.

Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •