Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1459
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,611
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Sounds like the Wolves have all but put ink on paper for a Gorgui Dieng extension. Basic terms are 4 years / $64 million ($16M per). Seems fairly reasonable, right?
    I think it is but have always kind of liked dieng. I was hoping we would resign him this off season while also trying for a high level fa first but oh well.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,105
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think it is but have always kind of liked dieng. I was hoping we would resign him this off season while also trying for a high level fa first but oh well.
    Looks like there still should be plenty of money:

    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota_timberwolves/

    Remember, the Wolves are still paying KG and Kevin Martin ($11.3M); I haven't heard about Payne's 4th year option being picked up ($3M); Rush's deal ends ($3.5M); Hill's is a team option ($4M); and while young players' contracts increase a bit, some of the veteran contracts decrease.

    That, and the Wolves currently sit below the salary cap "floor".

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,281
    we are looking great for future flexibility.

    The Dieng signing is fine. He would have gotten more if he hit RFA, for sure.

    Guys, Mosgov essentially got paid what we just gave Dieng. And he sucks.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    we are looking great for future flexibility.

    The Dieng signing is fine. He would have gotten more if he hit RFA, for sure.

    Guys, Mosgov essentially got paid what we just gave Dieng. And he sucks.
    Agreed. He is a good post player; I just wish he played with more fire. I was a little surprised Bazz didn't sign. I guessing he is gone by the trade deadline.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Rubio is out... It will be interesting to see how Dunn responds. He has been ok so far in limited action. Tyus will also get a chance to step up... hopefully he keeps taking steps forward.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,281
    Dunn has looked good defensively. offensively, he has a ways to go. I wonder if Lucas gets burn over Tyus..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    2,011
    I think Dieng price is reasonable, but I'm not sure if he fits us long term. We already have Towns/Aldrich(Aldritch?) at center, and I'm not sure if I want Dieng as a starting PF. Would rather throw money at Millsap this summer.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I think Dieng price is reasonable, but I'm not sure if he fits us long term. We already have Towns/Aldrich(Aldritch?) at center, and I'm not sure if I want Dieng as a starting PF. Would rather throw money at Millsap this summer.
    I think that Dieng is a long-term piece as a PF/C. Aldrich is big but limited as many other potential backups likely would be. Gorgui has that nice elbow jumper (and pump-fake) and likely will have a decent 3pt shot at some point in addition to his shot-blocking.

    That said, I would like to see the Wolves pursue a starting-caliber PF. Preferably though, someone younger.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I think that Dieng is a long-term piece as a PF/C. Aldrich is big but limited as many other potential backups likely would be. Gorgui has that nice elbow jumper (and pump-fake) and likely will have a decent 3pt shot at some point in addition to his shot-blocking.

    That said, I would like to see the Wolves pursue a starting-caliber PF. Preferably though, someone younger.
    Dieng just got paid to be our starting 4. We can't afford another PF salary like that and pay Lavine, Wiggins and Towns when their contracts are up. Quality role players will be the target now... players like Nick Colison. Aldrich and Rush were the first of those type of players that we added. The only way we fit another big salary under the cap would be moving Rubio. He may get hurt a lot and he can't shoot but we would be hard pressed to recoup his true value in a trade.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,281
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    Dieng just got paid to be our starting 4. We can't afford another PF salary like that and pay Lavine, Wiggins and Towns when their contracts are up. Quality role players will be the target now... players like Nick Colison. Aldrich and Rush were the first of those type of players that we added. The only way we fit another big salary under the cap would be moving Rubio. He may get hurt a lot and he can't shoot but we would be hard pressed to recoup his true value in a trade.
    sure we can afford it. Remember, we still have plenty of deals coming off over the next 3 years. Pek, KG, Rubio, etc. We have huge amounts of cap space in the summers of 2018, and 2019, even if you factor in signing our 3 young players over the course of 2-3 years.

    We are sitting pretty. Dieng's deal isn't killer, and it's easily tradeable 2 years from now as well.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    sure we can afford it. Remember, we still have plenty of deals coming off over the next 3 years. Pek, KG, Rubio, etc. We have huge amounts of cap space in the summers of 2018, and 2019, even if you factor in signing our 3 young players over the course of 2-3 years.

    We are sitting pretty. Dieng's deal isn't killer, and it's easily tradeable 2 years from now as well.
    When does Pek go away? I know his deal is getting paid by insurance but it would be nice to have the roster spot/cap.

    Won't Lavine and Wiggins get deals next fall? They are third year players with a team option... right? Assuming they will both be max. Lavine may not actually be a max level player but he seems like the kind of guy that will need to get paid at the max level to stick around.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,281
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    When does Pek go away? I know his deal is getting paid by insurance but it would be nice to have the roster spot/cap.

    Won't Lavine and Wiggins get deals next fall? They are third year players with a team option... right? Assuming they will both be max. Lavine may not actually be a max level player but he seems like the kind of guy that will need to get paid at the max level to stick around.
    dude, we have $80 million in cap space as is in 2018, and $90 million (minus what we do in 2018 obviously) in 2019. Pek/KG/Corpse of Kevin Martin, all come off after this year. Even with Dieng's deal, we need to fill out $30 million next year just to hit the cap floor...

    We are sitting very pretty.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Shell
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    dude, we have $80 million in cap space as is in 2018, and $90 million (minus what we do in 2018 obviously) in 2019. Pek/KG/Corpse of Kevin Martin, all come off after this year. Even with Dieng's deal, we need to fill out $30 million next year just to hit the cap floor...

    We are sitting very pretty.
    Just to emphasize.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    dude, we have $80 million in cap space as is in 2018, and $90 million (minus what we do in 2018 obviously) in 2019. Pek/KG/Corpse of Kevin Martin, all come off after this year. Even with Dieng's deal, we need to fill out $30 million next year just to hit the cap floor...

    We are sitting very pretty.
    I will take your word for it as you seem in tune with the new cap/contracts. I just don't want to see the wolves get into a Thunder/James Harden situation. If we can keep everyone and add a Milsap and a 3/d then we will be in amazing shape.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Shell
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    I will take your word for it as you seem in tune with the new cap/contracts. I just don't want to see the wolves get into a Thunder/James Harden situation. If we can keep everyone and add a Milsap and a 3/d then we will be in amazing shape.
    Cap has gone WAY up since then. Harden also wanted to be the man on his own.

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •