Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Plus, as this is a hypothetical, Towns being three years his junior is also in Towns' favor, if you were building a franchise from scratch.
    well yeah. Would you rather start a franchise, built for the next 5 years, with a soon to be 32 year old LeBron, or a soon to be 21 year old Towns? That is kind of the point. He even beat out guys like KD, Leonard, and Curry, who are all in their mid to late 20's. Just shows you how high of a ceiling most think Towns has. In reality, Towns at 20, simply gives you a lot longer window to get it right, than picking anyone else currently, no matter how good they are.

Injuries are all that stand in the way. And with our luck, that is a possibility, no doubt.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well yeah. Would you rather start a franchise, built for the next 5 years, with a soon to be 32 year old LeBron, or a soon to be 21 year old Towns? That is kind of the point. He even beat out guys like KD, Leonard, and Curry, who are all in their mid to late 20's. Just shows you how high of a ceiling most think Towns has. In reality, Towns at 20, simply gives you a lot longer window to get it right, than picking anyone else currently, no matter how good they are.

Injuries are all that stand in the way. And with our luck, that is a possibility, no doubt.
    SHHHHHHHHHHHH...don't speak of such things...the power of words.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

Minnesota still engaged in trade talks on Tyus Jones, including with Philadelphia, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) October 22, 2016
    Looks like the Sixers have interest in Tyus Jones and apparently talks are heating up. Minnesota wants a big man. not sure what big man they would want in return, but I assume for Tyus Jones it won't be in the Noel category.

Personally, I think it's a mistake to trade Tyus. He is very young and has shown some nice potential. I would hate to have him go to another team at this point and have him possibly blow up or become a very good bench guard. He is making close to nothing and our PG situation is still very up in the air with Rubio being a ? long term and Dunn still being unproven. Just keep the guy as a 3rd PG and drop Lucas, hell we can probably even keep Lucas if they really want that veteran depth (not a fan of holding 4 PG's).

Also, I am not really sure why the Wolves believe they need another big man at this point at the expense of Jones (assuming that is correct). They have some decent front-court depth with Dieng/Aldrich/Bjelica/Hill...

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Looks like the Sixers have interest in Tyus Jones and apparently talks are heating up. Minnesota wants a big man. not sure what big man they would want in return, but I assume for Tyus Jones it won't be in the Noel category.

Personally, I think it's a mistake to trade Tyus. He is very young and has shown some nice potential. I would hate to have him go to another team at this point and have him possibly blow up or become a very good bench guard. He is making close to nothing and our PG situation is still very up in the air with Rubio being a ? long term and Dunn still being unproven. Just keep the guy as a 3rd PG and drop Lucas, hell we can probably even keep Lucas if they really want that veteran depth (not a fan of holding 4 PG's).

Also, I am not really sure why the Wolves believe they need another big man at this point at the expense of Jones (assuming that is correct). They have some decent front-court depth with Dieng/Aldrich/Bjelica/Hill...
    I must admit, I'm a massive fan on Richaun Holmes - whilst I don't want us to move Tyus, if Holmes is involved, I wouldn't be opposed.

I can't see who else it'd be if the report is we're after a 'big man' (praying it's not Jerami Grant).

It is my opinion that a lot of Minnesota fans either overrate or fail to objectively consider Tyus' potential/worth because he is the hometown kid. His ceiling essentially is Luke Ridnour (whose was a good player but who had a very glaring weakness - defense).

What he's worth to other teams I have no clue, but he's not going to get any minutes outside of garbage time unless one of Rubio or Dunn goes down. I'd be happy just to get a future 1st round pick or high 2nd.

As for Lucas, he is here because he knows Thib's system. As much for practice as anything, he is here to help teach and help with concept.

Tyus, will never be able to legitimately guard an NBA point guard is his major problem. He is absolutely expendable.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Would really like us to take a look at Archie Goodwin.

Unless we're planning on playing Dunn at the 2 some (hope not), I think he'd be a great option off the bench. Fits in perfectly with our roster.

Roster Update/Discussion #3

Tyus is a serviceable 3rd point guard who is trending upward (see summer league MVP). Another plus is that he is cheap for several more years. The problem is that he doesn't fit Thibs point guard mold and that will IMO spell his end in Minnie. Now would be a good time to sell. It would be nice to get a project 4 who has upside (unlike Payne). They could hold the 10/11 position on the team. I could also see a swap with Cleveland for Iman Shumpert.

Note that if we do trade Tyus; I believe Thibs is planning on keeping both Rubio and Dunn for the foreseeable future. This would be a good thing...
    Last edited by LesGrossman; 10-25-2016 at 12:40 PM.

I think people are to hard on Tyus. He is a small PG who only played one year in college and is entering his second year. This is a guy who physically won't be ready till about year 4. So judging him now is very premature.

His IQ is through the roof

He was the most consistent player on a championship Duke team

He was the MVP of the preseason

He needs time, but in time he will be a beyond solid backup PG and probably good enough to be a starting "Game Managing" PG who makes no mistakes and always makes the right play along with having a very good 3 ball.

We just have to realize a guy of his stature needs a little more time than most players, and with this young team, we have all the time in the world.

I think we are on pace to legitimately compete for rings after 2 more full seasons. If we can just be patient, I think we will all be extremely happy with Tyus and his role and price tag on this team. If we are able to trade him for Nerlens or Oakafor right now, then by all means, do it. But if its for some scrub unproven, low ceiling big, than forget about it.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 10-25-2016 at 01:12 PM.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

Wolves should go sign RJ Hunter. Like right now....

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I think people are to hard on Tyus. He is a small PG who only played one year in college and is entering his second year. This is a guy who physically won't be ready till about year 4. So judging him now is very premature.

His IQ is through the roof

He was the most consistent player on a championship Duke team

He was the MVP of the preseason

He needs time, but in time he will be a beyond solid backup PG and probably good enough to be a starting "Game Managing" PG who makes no mistakes and always makes the right play along with having a very good 3 ball.

We just have to realize a guy of his stature needs a little more time than most players, and with this young team, we have all the time in the world.

I think we are on pace to legitimately compete for rings after 2 more full seasons. If we can just be patient, I think we will all be extremely happy with Tyus and his role and price tag on this team. If we are able to trade him for Nerlens or Oakafor right now, then by all means, do it. But if its for some scrub unproven, low ceiling big, than forget about it.
    The problem with citing his current salary is that you are also saying that it's going to take him 3-4 years to be a regular contributor. So to me that is a moot point. John Lucas III is cheaper and guys like him, Nate Robinson and DJ Augustine have all played above expectations under Thibs.

Physically, he doesn't have a whole lot he can do to get better on defense. He's one of those guys who has succeeded so far because he is very skilled and intelligent. A recent example of this sort of player who had a lot of hype coming in was Jimmer Fredette. No amount of weight either gains or looses is going to make them fast enough, long enough or tall enough to cover their physical deficiencies (relative to the NBA).

No way are we getting Noel or Okafor straight up for Tyus. This very well could be the height of his value though. Once he racks up 10 DNPs "Coach's Decision," it's not going to matter what he is capable of.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. Certainly we can agree to disagree (if not debate merits).

Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    And Mitch McGary

Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    That would seem to make a bunch of sense... Would be a good project at the end of the bench and fill need.

And Mitch McGary
    Liked him coming out of college but he has been a headache and has had injury issues. Don't see him coming our way.

Kind of thought that the PG situation would get settled as in Trading Tyus but there is a lot of season and players out there that can be had so am guessing the Wolves want to much .....

Play Jordan Hill. Guy was just as productive as his Indiana teammate Ian Mahinmi who got $16 mill per year. I understand Ian got the money, cause a premium is spent on shot blockers, which Jordan is not, but Jordan could provide some much needed toughness to the frontcourt.

Dieng Contract Extension

Sounds like the Wolves have all but put ink on paper for a Gorgui Dieng extension. Basic terms are 4 years / $64 million ($16M per). Seems fairly reasonable, right?

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast