Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1523
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I agree with you Oefarmy. On both players.
    I was also thinking about Dieng. I really like him as a player and locker room presence. If it wasn't for his contract
    A lot of teams still have a deal or two from that summer. Dieng will hopefully re-sign for a LOT cheaper in 2 years.

My Lord Fred VanVleet is having a season. 18.7ppg / 7.4apg / 2 steals per game and a 39.6% on 7 3pointers per game

My Lord Fred VanVleet is having a season. 18.7ppg / 7.4apg / 2 steals per game and a 39.6% on 7 3pointers per game
    Yeah. It just tells you that, realistically, anyone can do it if they can get their head on straight. And speaking of other players, here is my Christmas wish list of top 5 guys teh Wolves should target in a trade(that may actually be available):

1. Devin Booker - I think he just fits the modern NBA and especially the style we want to play(would have to somehow include Wiggins).
    2. Dejounte Murray - Not sure what it would take to pry him from Pop's cold hands(Game of Zones reference), but I think this guy is going to be a top 5 lead guard in the league in a few short years if he gets healthy.
    3. D'lo Russel - enough has been said about his fit(Roco the main piece going out).
    4. Bradley Beal - I don't personally love him, but by all indications he would be a great fit, especially if we can somehow include Wiggins in the trade.
    5. Blake Griffin - I know this is a little out of the box, but I think he would be a perfect complement to Towns at the 4 if he is available. He is aging, but he has retooled his game and should age better. He can also probably be had fairly cheap(Ideally, ship out Wiggins).
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 12-04-2019 at 11:07 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Yeah. It just tells you that, realistically, anyone can do it if they can get their head on straight. And speaking of other players, here is my Christmas wish list of top 5 guys teh Wolves should target in a trade(that may actually be available):

1. Devin Booker - I think he just fits the modern NBA and especially the style we want to play(would have to somehow include Wiggins).
    2. Dejounte Murray - Not sure what it would take to pry him from Pop's cold hands(Game of Zones reference), but I think this guy is going to be a top 5 lead guard in the league in a few short years if he gets healthy.
    3. D'lo Russel - enough has been said about his fit(Roco the main piece going out).
    4. Bradley Beal - I don't personally love him, but by all indications he would be a great fit, especially if we can somehow include Wiggins in the trade.
    5. Blake Griffin - I know this is a little out of the box, but I think he would be a perfect complement to Towns at the 4 if he is available. He is aging, but he has retooled his game and should age better. He can also probably be had fairly cheap(Ideally, ship out Wiggins).
    I like the list, but the top guy (Booker) on that list is not available. Especially for anyone on our team not named Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    I like the list, but the top guy (Booker) on that list is not available. Especially for anyone on our team not named Towns.
    I'd pass on Griffin. I doubt the spurs or suns give up murrey or Booker respectively. We could get dlo but itll cost us a ton of assets. I dont think Beal's in play unless we give up a huge ransom. I think we are best trading for shooters and building up based around team friendly contracts then going all in for an aging star

I agree at not wanting Griffin in the same way that I don't want Love. Saw trade proposal videos for both of them recently and that's why I mention Love.
    Big contracts money wise and length wise and they are not exactly what we are looking for. At least in my opinion. They can spread the floor but the D will suffer because of them

I agree at not wanting Griffin in the same way that I don't want Love. Saw trade proposal videos for both of them recently and that's why I mention Love.
    Big contracts money wise and length wise and they are not exactly what we are looking for. At least in my opinion. They can spread the floor but the D will suffer because of them
    Agree 100 percent. I think we should focus on simple trades to improve our team. Getting rid of Teague for assets, seeing if we can trade Gorgi for any assets. Then maybe we take a swing at Russell if he's available. Otherwise we just keep building. I feel like our teams effort has gotten worse as the season has gone on. We don't have that hustle or the desire to attack the other team like we did early on. I am so sick of watching Teague dribble the piss out of the ball and pass up on wide open shots only to settle for worse ones down the road. Watching Rubio play with the suns was fantastic. Granted his offense still sucks but watching him play with shooters was amazing.

I'd do some simple trades like this:
    Gourgi for Tristan Thompson (even salary and it sheds a year 2 vs 1)
    Cleveland does it because Gourgi is relatively young and could potentially be a nicer building block for them value wise going on. Thompson could bring rebounding and rim protection next to towns.

Charlotte
    Swap Teague for Kidd-Gilchrist (bench and expiring) and Malik monk
    Maybe give up a minor asset in this. Charlotte does it to get a backup to Rozier going forward and Gilchrist is pretty much in the dog house.
    We get monk who can shoot and can evaluate him as a bench player for the coming years.

There are some nice players coming up in the FA (F.Van Vleet, Dillion Brooks, B.Bogdanovich etc). It would be nice to shed some salary. But I keep stumbling on Wiggins.
    Let's take for a example a trade with the Kings. Bogdanovic and Bjelica for Dieng and a protected first. We would then have to renew Bogdanovic, find a PG and have the max of Towns and Wiggins.

1) Teague has ZERO value - have you seen him play? Trading Teague's expiring contract for another bad expiring contract(MKG) makes no sense. I was hoping that Teague's expiring contract will have some value at the trade deadline, but I am just not seeing any teams eager to clear space for the next offseason.
    2) I honestly think that Dieng may have some value to a team that has cap space to burn as he produces given minutes even though he has a bloated contract.
    3) We have 3 good/great defensive players in the starting lineup now(Roco, Okogie, Culver) and we are still routinely allowing teams to shoot 55%+, which tells me we have some serious systematic/personnel issues. However, I don't see a lot of good shooters available via trade.

Unfortunately, as much as I hate to admit it because I love Flip and his legacy, but we have been simply out-coached in the last few games. Ryan and his staff have to step the F up.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I think our players with any value right now to keep would be KAT/Cov/Okogie/Culver and honestly next up might be KBD.

We should move Teague for any value possible which might be none. If a team is selling we can use his contract to match but not sure we should be buying unless it's a talent like Russell etc. right now. Don't think anyone wants Dieng but will be expiring next year. The other role players are all pretty meh imo so if anyone is giving value take it.

Wiggins hopefully plays himself into tradeable for assets. Not anything big but what if we could move him for a pick/role player this offseason and save cap that wouldn't be bad or could try and get a different type like Russell for him (Russell value may be a little down compared to last year?). It looks like 2021 FA will be a larger one and timing wise if we ever were going to make a play that is the year we could have cap if we move wiggins (without giving assets to dump anyone and if we only add/take back like 15-20 mil in salary could have max space). We are the Wolves but hey Rosas seems like the type to try and build/accumulate value to take chances and FA is another way. He has already been burned once but it isn't like we lost anything trying and if we can't trade for anyone given our assets that is the best chance we have.

We are pretty much in that middle zone we expected where we will not be in line for top odds on a pick but also end up missing the playoffs. I wouldn't give much to try and upgrade to sneak in this year and would trade many guys if offered some value.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think our players with any value right now to keep would be KAT/Cov/Okogie/Culver and honestly next up might be KBD.

We should move Teague for any value possible which might be none. If a team is selling we can use his contract to match but not sure we should be buying unless it's a talent like Russell etc. right now. Don't think anyone wants Dieng but will be expiring next year. The other role players are all pretty meh imo so if anyone is giving value take it.

Wiggins hopefully plays himself into tradeable for assets. Not anything big but what if we could move him for a pick/role player this offseason and save cap that wouldn't be bad or could try and get a different type like Russell for him (Russell value may be a little down compared to last year?). It looks like 2021 FA will be a larger one and timing wise if we ever were going to make a play that is the year we could have cap if we move wiggins (without giving assets to dump anyone and if we only add/take back like 15-20 mil in salary could have max space). We are the Wolves but hey Rosas seems like the type to try and build/accumulate value to take chances and FA is another way. He has already been burned once but it isn't like we lost anything trying and if we can't trade for anyone given our assets that is the best chance we have.

We are pretty much in that middle zone we expected where we will not be in line for top odds on a pick but also end up missing the playoffs. I wouldn't give much to try and upgrade to sneak in this year and would trade many guys if offered some value.
    If we keep Teague and let his contract expire we still do not have any cap space this offseason. But if we let him and Gorgi expire we should have around 30 mil to spend in 2021. Now, if we move Teague and take on contracts past next year, then it will jeopardize our ability to have 30 mil in 2021 offseason.. Unless someone offers us substantial young talent for Teague, I think I would take the long haul approach and let him walk.

If we keep Teague and let his contract expire we still do not have any cap space this offseason. But if we let him and Gorgi expire we should have around 30 mil to spend in 2021. Now, if we move Teague and take on contracts past next year, then it will jeopardize our ability to have 30 mil in 2021 offseason.. Unless someone offers us substantial young talent for Teague, I think I would take the long haul approach and let him walk.
    I would take a extra year (so expire next year) on a bad contract and a pick for Teagues expiring or something, we agree on 21 being the timeline though if we ever want to have/try and use cap. Unless it is going for a great player I agree we shouldn't be looking to add long term cap.

If we keep both Wiggins/Towns and get a couple draft picks even not adding much else over the next couple seasons I don't think we end up with tons of cap so moving Wiggins for smaller pieces is likely necessary. Wiggins+Towns+Cov+Culver+Okogie+Layman+Naz+Nowell look to be on the books for about 93 mil in 21 according to hoopshype. Assume we add say 10 mil with some rookies over a couple offseasons that puts us at 103, I am guessing cap is projected to increase some but like 120 -125 so we would only have like 20 mil.

We could maybe make it work by dumping the cheap young guys, not sure if guaranteed or not. We wouldn't be able to add at all for a couple years though for sure. It gets much easier to make things happen without Wiggins.

I think Hoopshype has us at 83 mil in 2021.
    Last edited by DW3421; 12-15-2019 at 03:55 PM.

I think Hoopshype has us at 83 mil in 2021.
    With options on culver/okogie for like 10 mil or a little over I think it was and then account for picks we make next couple seasons too as another 10. That would put us at the 103 # I came to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the Wolves have some interest in Dennis Smith Jr. I wouldn't mind taking on a project, but I really don't know what the Knicks would want in return. My ideal solution would be swapping Teague+2n rounder for Morris and DSJ, but do the Knicks want to get rid of DSJ that much? I mean, they could use some wing depth, so maybe DSJ for KBD and Graham would work for both teams?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1: