Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,585 of 1585
    Rubio better not be starting...

Davis is sticking I imagine, his stats are very efficient, he plays a role, is a pro's-pro, and fits next to Towns just fine.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Think Davis will almost certainly stay and play. We were absolutely crying out for a defensive big. His per minute numbers are still good, he defends, and he should be able to play a little with KAT.

For what was essentially a 2nd Rounder, I think it was a great move.
    agreed

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowKG View Post
    In a lineup with Russel, Towns, Beasley, and Edward we don't need more scoring. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis be used with those guys as the first off the bench or even a matchup-driven start occasionally, especially if Juancho struggles.
    yeah how great would a prime Taj Gibson or Tristan Thompson be for us right now haha?

We signed Hagans to a two way contract. Don't know if he'll play but we saw last year what happened with McLaughlin and Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah how great would a prime Taj Gibson or Tristan Thompson be for us right now haha?
    For sure, I almost brought up Taj when I posted that. Just need somebody who doesn't command the ball and will do the dirty work. Davis isn't the perfect mold but he will be the closest we have to that. Hopefully, someone like Mcdaniels can learn those skills from Davis to add to his other upside.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    We signed Hagans to a two way contract. Don't know if he'll play but we saw last year what happened with McLaughlin and Reid
    Watched some video on Hagans... looked like a stud until I got to his jumper.... needs a LOT of work. But if can get a decent jumper could be a pretty good player. Especially on D ...

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I give it 20% that Rubio starts. Most likely:
    Starters: D'lo, Beasley, Edwards, Huancho and Towns.
    Bench: Rubio, Okogie, Culver, Layman, Reid
    Depth: McLovin, Nowell, Vanderbilt, McDaniels, Davis(if he stays)

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Okogie starts at the 3 and Edwards plays SG off the bench(likely 7th man)
    The More I think about it you all are likely right with Ricky coming off the Bench. He would be a good change of pace. Can see him fininishing at the end of the game with DLo... extra ball handler.. etc..]

After reading some articles today you are also likely right that Davis stays... If so I think he may start. Would be nice to have a defensive presence... also could see Hernangomez there but he would also be nice coming off the bench and also likely playing more minutes than Davis at the end of the day but this rotation seems to make some sense.... to me...

Starters .. DLo, Beasley, Okogie, Davis and KAT .... good blend of scoring punch and some defensive players Okogie and Davis. Hopefully playing with Davis will inspire KAT to play some Defense.

In Rotation... Rubio, Culver, Edwards, Hernangomez, and Layman

In the wings ... Reid, Nowell, Vanderbilt and McDaniel

With the short offseason and not much time meshing together I don't see that Edwards will start in the rotation unless he is SO good that he has to be in there. Also could see Hernangomez possibly starting for the same reason. Lots of possibilities.... Good news I think is that this might be as deep as we have been with pretty good players coming off the bench with different strengths. Hopefully we gel and play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Rubio better not be starting...

Davis is sticking I imagine, his stats are very efficient, he plays a role, is a pro's-pro, and fits next to Towns just fine.
    Only thing that gets me with the projected starting line up is how we integrate Rubio, Okogie & Culver off the bench - can any of those three play together at any one time?

Maybe Rubio and Okogie? I'm not certain either can play with Culver (as in on the court at the same time).

Hopefully I'm wrong and overplaying it.

Only thing that gets me with the projected starting line up is how we integrate Rubio, Okogie & Culver off the bench - can any of those three play together at any one time?

Maybe Rubio and Okogie? I'm not certain either can play with Culver (as in on the court at the same time).

Nah just bring D-Lo out at the 6 min mark in Q1, bring him back in at 9 min mark of 2nd.

Honestly, if Rubio can make DWill and Wes Johnson look passable, I don't think he will have any issues with Okogie and Culver. Both are good cutters on the baseline.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"