Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1481
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Which player do you mean Hawk? Butler?

RoCo should be used as a spot up shooter who drives in IMO
    Not a ball hog but we need an elite shot creator to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Not many of those out there, and that's why I am all about somehow prying away Booker from the suns. I have heard rumors about Beal being available, but in an even scenario, I honestly prefer Booker.
    I worry about Booker on D

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I worry about Booker on D
    Lavine has the same knock and we would all still rather have him than Wigs...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Lavine has the same knock and we would all still rather have him than Wigs...
    Yeah true

I am reading rumors that the 15 man roster is set, but can't find anything. The only thing I believe I've read is that we are keeping Tyrone Wallace, which tells me KBD is getting waived...

(Edit) Ty Wallace has just been waived - which is good as I was confused why he was still on the roster given he has shown absolutely nothing in pre-season.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 10-21-2019 at 03:31 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

anyone read Wiggins response to being left off the top 100 on espn?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

anyone read Wiggins response to being left off the top 100 on espn?
    'There's not 100 players better than me'?

If the Wolves feel like they need another lead guard, I really like Isaiah Whitehead.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    'There's not 100 players better than me'?
    That's only part of the quote, but he is also '100' percent right. I mean, we all hate Wiggins for what he is not, but they have guys like RoCo at 97 and PJ Tucker 10 spots above him. Lonzo Ball at 68 and Brandon Ingram at 56, FIFTY-SIX, and has literally the same stats. This list is subjective and it is grading Wiggins based on the scale of what he hasn't done rather than what he has. The only difference between the two is salary, and that's not what that list implies. Once again, that list was accumulated by a bunch of scrubs who basically just rolled the dice to place players outside of the top 25.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

That's only part of the quote, but he is also '100' percent right. I mean, we all hate Wiggins for what he is not, but they have guys like RoCo at 97 and PJ Tucker 10 spots above him. Lonzo Ball at 68 and Brandon Ingram at 56, FIFTY-SIX, and has literally the same stats. This list is subjective and it is grading Wiggins based on the scale of what he hasn't done rather than what he has. The only difference between the two is salary, and that's not what that list implies. Once again, that list was accumulated by a bunch of scrubs who basically just rolled the dice to place players outside of the top 25.
    There are for sure 100 players in the NBA better than Andrew Wiggins. More talented? No. Better, and more productive? Yep.

Take Ingram for example. His stats have gotten better each year, WIggins declined. Ingram's offensive rating, PER, Win Shares, VORP, BPM, are all better. Watch him play, his shot selection is better, his handles better, he is getting better, yet here we are watching Wiggins stumble through each year regressing.

The list is subjective, and Wiggins was on it the last 2 years, until he yet again laid a dud year, despite his physical gifts. Wiggins sucks dude. He ****ing sucks, and I just don't get how he has any fans left that think he will ever be anything. He is being graded on what he hasn't done, which is be a productive NBA player in any capacity.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 10-23-2019 at 11:44 AM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

If the Wolves feel like they need another lead guard, I really like Isaiah Whitehead.
    yeah I like him alright too actually

Hey, so the new NBA measurements are in and there are some interesting notes on that:
    1) Donovan Mitchel measured in at 6'1" - which is ridiculous as he plays like a 6'4" guy he used to "be"
    2) Apparently, Jeff Teague is actually taller than he is measured in at 6'3". I wonder if they count hair for height as he has a tall haircut?
    3) Rubio came in at 6'3"
    4) Devin Booker is a legit 6'5"
    5) Lavine is 6'6"(flippin 181 pounds though) and Wiggs is only 6'7", Roco is also 6'7"
    6) Doncic is actually 6'7"(not the claimed 6'5") and Porzingis is 7' fn 3"(dude is a monster)
    7) Giannnis is 6'11''
    8) Tyus and Napier are both 6'0"
    10) Bradley Beal is only 6'3"
    11) Serge Ibaka is a legit 7 footer(I though he was always listed at 6'8"-6'9"?)
    12) And off course KLove is 6'8"(as we all knew)
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 10-23-2019 at 03:35 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

There are for sure 100 players in the NBA better than Andrew Wiggins. More talented? No. Better, and more productive? Yep.

Take Ingram for example. His stats have gotten better each year, WIggins declined. Ingram's offensive rating, PER, Win Shares, VORP, BPM, are all better. Watch him play, his shot selection is better, his handles better, he is getting better, yet here we are watching Wiggins stumble through each year regressing.

The list is subjective, and Wiggins was on it the last 2 years, until he yet again laid a dud year, despite his physical gifts. Wiggins sucks dude. He ****ing sucks, and I just don't get how he has any fans left that think he will ever be anything. He is being graded on what he hasn't done, which is be a productive NBA player in any capacity.
    I wrote a long reply to you with stats and figures but mistakenly browsed for something else before posting it so I will give you a short summary:
    1) Ingram, in fact, regressed last season in every advanced category from the previous year and had similar stats to Wiggins(likely within a 2-sigma band of the average distribution for NBA players), however he is 56 on the list and Wiggins "****ing sucks". I am just claiming that they are either both good, both average or both suck as they are practically the same exact player, even though I concede that at least there is hope that Ingram will be better in the future and Wiggins is what he is.
    2) Wiggins is a league average starter by every metric available(basic, advanced, etc). The only things that are wrong with Wiggins(outside of him being Wiggins, a.k.a. no drive, no effort, etc) is the money he is paid, the time he takes away from other players developing and where he was picked. I will argue to death that if Wiggins was getting paid like RoCo, he would be an asset(likely off the bench) rather the detriment you make him out to be.

I am tired of this conversation to be honest. I don't like Wiggins. In fact I despise him for what he can be but isn't, but I am tying to be objective here. Wiggins is not a scrub that you make him out to be.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

It is subjective, as with any non-statistical list - but I personally don't think Wiggins is in the top 100. I'm surprised you flagged Covington's name - while Wiggins has far more natural talent, it's not even close if you're calculating player value, imo. Again, it's all subjective and personal opinion, but if I'm doing a 'best of' list, I'm doing the list in order of players who are going to help my team win.

I wrote a long reply to you with stats and figures but mistakenly browsed for something else before posting it so I will give you a short summary:
    1) Ingram, in fact, regressed last season in every advanced category from the previous year and had similar stats to Wiggins(likely within a 2-sigma band of the average distribution for NBA players), however he is 56 on the list and Wiggins "****ing sucks". I am just claiming that they are either both good, both average or both suck as they are practically the same exact player, even though I concede that at least there is hope that Ingram will be better in the future and Wiggins is what he is.
    2) Wiggins is a league average starter by every metric available(basic, advanced, etc). The only things that are wrong with Wiggins(outside of him being Wiggins, a.k.a. no drive, no effort, etc) is the money he is paid, the time he takes away from other players developing and where he was picked. I will argue to death that if Wiggins was getting paid like RoCo, he would be an asset(likely off the bench) rather the detriment you make him out to be.

I am tired of this conversation to be honest. I don't like Wiggins. In fact I despise him for what he can be but isn't, but I am tying to be objective here. Wiggins is not a scrub that you make him out to be.
    I am curious what advanced metrics show him as a league average starter because almost all of them that I see show him as well below average. You are correct though it is subjective. I think Wiggins has top 100 talent, but agree with Hawk and others that right now he is not a top 100 player.

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast