Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1464
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I personally really like Langford. I think his game will translate really well to the NBA and his shot is better than what he showed last season. The only player that intrigues me in you top 9 that is maybe gettable, is Culver, if he falls to 7-9. Not sure what it would take to move up 4 spots. Ideally though, If somebody wants the 11th pick + Wiggins, i'm all over that as this class doesn't strike me as superstar laden, outside of the top 3. In fact, I envision a couple of steals in the late first/2nd round in this draft(Semancic/D. Lawson).
    I would be fine with trading the 11th down to say a 15th-17th type of a pick followed by a late first round. I would really like to see this team get Bruno Fernando. I think he will end up being the steal of the draft. I see a lot of Dwight Howard in him. He literally is a guy that wants to out muscle everyone around him and punish the rim. Crazy athleticism mixed with power. Great defense, excellent hustle... I don't see why people don't have him higher up their boards, I see him as the Tyson Chandler/Deandre Jordan type.

With the first pick I grab either Keldon Johnson or Huichimura between 15-17 and with the later pick I grab Bruno Fernando.

I doubt that's true. in any case, I feel like Hachimura is actually quite underrated from what I've seen. He could be a really nice player, actually. Reminds me a bit of Fareed. Not a star, but a solid starter nonetheless.
    I actually kind of like Hachimura as well. But firstly I think that there might be better players available at #11. Also the lack of 3p shot makes him not valid for what supposedly is our goal (being a better 3p shooting team).

I don't know about the Fareed comparison. On the other hand I also like Clarke. He too doesn't shoot 3s that well but for some reason IMO he fits nicely next to Towns.

I personally really like Langford. I think his game will translate really well to the NBA and his shot is better than what he showed last season. The only player that intrigues me in you top 9 that is maybe gettable, is Culver, if he falls to 7-9. Not sure what it would take to move up 4 spots. Ideally though, If somebody wants the 11th pick + Wiggins, i'm all over that as this class doesn't strike me as superstar laden, outside of the top 3. In fact, I envision a couple of steals in the late first/2nd round in this draft(Semancic/D. Lawson).
    I was just pointing out that someone from the top talents (according to the draft sites) will probably fall and reach us.
    I kind of agree with you about the lack of superstar (except from the top 3 picks maybe). There are though some players are going to be great role players at least, in the second round. And some will probably not even get picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    I would be fine with trading the 11th down to say a 15th-17th type of a pick followed by a late first round. I would really like to see this team get Bruno Fernando. I think he will end up being the steal of the draft. I see a lot of Dwight Howard in him. He literally is a guy that wants to out muscle everyone around him and punish the rim. Crazy athleticism mixed with power. Great defense, excellent hustle... I don't see why people don't have him higher up their boards, I see him as the Tyson Chandler/Deandre Jordan type.

With the first pick I grab either Keldon Johnson or Huichimura between 15-17 and with the later pick I grab Bruno Fernando.
    I've told you before that I think that is an excellent find, in Fernando. But he is projected at #12 from nbadraft and #19 at tankathon. So I guess higher than what you thought.

I would be veeeery satisfied if we left the draft with Thybulle and Fernando.

And who the heck is Windler and how did he get these stats. I have a hunch he ends up like Dekker or McDermott

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    right, but ever get the feeling this team is just snakebitten? 17 times we have moved down in the draft, 0 times up. Every player we pick is an underachiever, outside of KG. KAT is great, but now what? We just can't ever nail a couple picks to really get this team going, our FO/Owner doesn't know when to cut ties or trade a guy away at the right time, we overpay for crappy players, and our coaching position is a constant carousel. We make a hire every handful of years that ends up crippling years of progress (Kahn/Thibs), etc.

This team just sucks man. Until proven otherwise, and frankly I have zero confidence of that ever happening. The ONLY reason for hope, is 10 years ago this entire post would have described the Warriors too.
    I mean as you stated, the Warriors were able to run into some luck and here they are. The point is no team will be snake-bitten forever. That has never happened as far as I know. Peaks and Valleys. We have been in a deep deep valley for a long time, but some day there will be a peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    I mean as you stated, the Warriors were able to run into some luck and here they are. The point is no team will be snake-bitten forever. That has never happened as far as I know. Peaks and Valleys. We have been in a deep deep valley for a long time, but some day there will be a peak.
    yeah but how long can we wait, without losing either our fanhood, or our mind?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah but how long can we wait, without losing either our fanhood, or our mind?
    I can't speak for anyone else but I love basketball and I could never root for another team. I distance myself from the team emotionally during these hard times. Call me a fair weather fan but they still have my support. I just do not emotionally invest unless I know they have a winning product. That is how I cope. Like a father who is at odds with his son but still watches from a distance who would be there for him if he needed anything haha. It's gonna happen some day. We will be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else but I love basketball and I could never root for another team. I distance myself from the team emotionally during these hard times. Call me a fair weather fan but they still have my support. I just do not emotionally invest unless I know they have a winning product. That is how I cope. Like a father who is at odds with his son but still watches from a distance who would be there for him if he needed anything haha. It's gonna happen some day. We will be good again.
    I am in the same exact boat. I have relegated myself to box score checking only. I don't think we are fair weather fans. We are active discussing the team here and genuinely care, even when the team is terrible.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Yeah I basically hate watch now

I am in the same exact boat. I have relegated myself to box score checking only. I don't think we are fair weather fans. We are active discussing the team here and genuinely care, even when the team is terrible.
    I'm a bit similar, though it changes throughout the season.

I watched the game where Wiggins went for 0 points but coach kept him in for 30+ minutes, but I didn't watch the next 10 or so - I sort of thought if a player earning $25m doesn't care and our coach doesn't care - why should I?

I'd still watch the highlights/check the box score, but wouldn't watch the games.

I only really started watching again when Okogie started getting minutes - I don't know I've ever seen someone try so hard for every second of every game. It's fun just to watch someone who loves the game as much as he does.

I didn't know where to post this but it is a really interesting situation.

We are closing in to signing Sachin Gupta. He is the guy who created the ESPN trading machine, he had a double stint at HOU, is considered to be the driving force behind the PHI process and is employed at DET.

So if nothing goes wrong our office will consist of Rosas, Gupta, Pascucci and of course Casson. Oh and Layden who is responsible for bringing donuts to the office (not my joke).
    This is a really interesting FO and does signal a sort of change.

But this isn't the first time Twolves attempted something like that and my wolvian nature won't really let me enjoy this until I see some results.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I didn't know where to post this but it is a really interesting situation.

We are closing in to signing Sachin Gupta. He is the guy who created the ESPN trading machine, he had a double stint at HOU, is considered to be the driving force behind the PHI process and is employed at DET.

So if nothing goes wrong our office will consist of Rosas, Gupta, Pascucci and of course Casson. Oh and Layden who is responsible for bringing donuts to the office (not my joke).
    This is a really interesting FO and does signal a sort of change.

But this isn't the first time Twolves attempted something like that and my wolvian nature won't really let me enjoy this until I see some results.
    at the end of the day, any longtime Wolves fan feels this way. They could sign Durant, draft Zion, and trade Wiggins for Luka Doncic and I would still need to see results before I even got excited.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

wasn't sure where to put this:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/nba-rumo...agency-sixers/

Sooooooooo, does Butler not understand how contracts work? Is he aware it simply wasn't his turn, and he would be paid when it was?

Glad this pos is gone.

I have to admit I was wrong about Jimmy. I was all in for him coming in and teaching the young guys how to play hard and with a bit of an edge as that had been his history in Chicago. He had Tib's who I though he was close with and he would be the missing piece to take this team to a new level. Even had delusions he would light a fire under Wiggs. Unfortunately he somewhere along the line became a head case and a very disruptive personality. He is still very talented and Philly likely will pay him.... not sure if that is good for them or bad for them.

I wonder why you guys released Cam Reynolds... Does anybody knows?

Did he asked to be released?

16. 07-20-2019, 05:51 PM
    Reason
    DO NOT TROLL IN OTHERS TEAMS' FORUMS - Rush

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast