Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1167
  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,102
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    See there's the irony with most Batman fans. Which movies were based on the West Batman series? The ones with Clooney and Keaton or the ones with Bale?
    Look I'll accept any of the movies, although the last couple of years I have lost interest in anything superheroe-ee. But I grew up with West's version. I am not saying I prefer them to the Bale movies, but I accept them because they had different inspiration

    And yes we are cursed. And the irony of it all.... Just after he refused to play in the All Star game
    A lot of good that did him Is it too early to chalk this up as another Thibideau fatigue injury?

    Too many superhero movies nowadays imo... not to mention the reboots. Seems like a chore to keep up with Marvel's whole interwoven cinematic universe, and DC, well they've always come across as the little brother to me.

    So you like "camp" then, Silverson? Cheesy, campy superhero tales rather than the darker brooding conflicted versions (who manage to destroy cities during their battles and yet inflict no casualties)?

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,102

    Butler rushing back?

    NBA Sports article suggests Butler's return timeline reflects having his meniscus "shaved" rather than repaired and speculates that though it has a shorter recovery time it may cause lingering problems down the road.

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jimmy-b...190002795.html

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,441
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    NBA Sports article suggests Butler's return timeline reflects having his meniscus "shaved" rather than repaired and speculates that though it has a shorter recovery time it may cause lingering problems down the road.

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jimmy-b...190002795.html
    I think the Thib's criticism of minutes has gone on long enough. Look at the long careers of so many stars prior. Kobe played 40 mpg for years. Duncan, Jordan, etc.

    I can't believe for a second, that they would take an option that would potentially cause long term complications. Every procedure has potential negatives, I can't help but think people at this point look for anything to pile on Thib's and his huge minutes style.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I think the Thib's criticism of minutes has gone on long enough. Look at the long careers of so many stars prior. Kobe played 40 mpg for years. Duncan, Jordan, etc.

    I can't believe for a second, that they would take an option that would potentially cause long term complications. Every procedure has potential negatives, I can't help but think people at this point look for anything to pile on Thib's and his huge minutes style.
    It's not just Thibs... and honestly the article seemed to hint more at Butler's "competitiveness". Didn't Chicago try to rush Rose back? Or at least he got some flack for taking "extra" time.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,195
    This team is not making the playoffs this year and you can bet your house in Vegas on that prediction. I can't remember a Wolves team that has disappointed me more than this year's team and that's saying something as a Wolves fan. Andrew Wiggins and his max contract will singlehandedly keep this team from going anywhere truly special.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    This team is not making the playoffs this year and you can bet your house in Vegas on that prediction. I can't remember a Wolves team that has disappointed me more than this year's team and that's saying something as a Wolves fan. Andrew Wiggins and his max contract will singlehandedly keep this team from going anywhere truly special.
    If Butler did not get injured we would probably be in the 3rd spot, which isn't that disappointing. But, even though injuries can not be predicted, they are still part of the disappointment.

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    If Butler did not get injured we would probably be in the 3rd spot, which isn't that disappointing. But, even though injuries can not be predicted, they are still part of the disappointment.
    You're probably right about Butler and his injury. My disappointment stems from the fact that there has literally been no improvement from the rest of this team, most notably Wiggins. I'm so down on him right now that I would gladly trade him to the Knicks for Noah just to have the shorter contract and quicker access to cap space.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,441
    yeah outside GS, no team could lose a top 10 player and not be hurt. We rely way too much on Butler though, if it wasn't obvious to some of you before, it is now.

    As for Wiggins, I have said my peace. I prefer he just go away at this point, I have so much animosity towards him, and he isn't the idiot who gave himself a zillion dollar deal. The real reason I have lost interest in this team is because of Glen Taylor.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah outside GS, no team could lose a top 10 player and not be hurt. We rely way too much on Butler though, if it wasn't obvious to some of you before, it is now.

    As for Wiggins, I have said my peace. I prefer he just go away at this point, I have so much animosity towards him, and he isn't the idiot who gave himself a zillion dollar deal. The real reason I have lost interest in this team is because of Glen Taylor.
    To be fair, Taylor would have been criticized as "cheap" had he not paid Wiggins. Not to mention that he hired Thibs and gave him FO power because Thibideau is supposed to be a discerning basketball mind unlike basketball layman Taylor.

    To me, it reeks of a lack of confidence in the process. The previous 2 re-builds failed and so people got antsy waiting around for a young core to mature while also not having insight enough to see when a player stands in the way of his own ceiling (and, that as a consequence, another "lesser" player is more valuable).

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,390
    ya I don't think there is any disappointment in Butlers play just that it seems to be the only difference from last year despite multiple other moves it hasn't been much else. I agree with Topdog and have mentioned already I think it was an impatient move

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,441
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    To be fair, Taylor would have been criticized as "cheap" had he not paid Wiggins. Not to mention that he hired Thibs and gave him FO power because Thibideau is supposed to be a discerning basketball mind unlike basketball layman Taylor.

    To me, it reeks of a lack of confidence in the process. The previous 2 re-builds failed and so people got antsy waiting around for a young core to mature while also not having insight enough to see when a player stands in the way of his own ceiling (and, that as a consequence, another "lesser" player is more valuable).
    Antsy? Maybe. We clearly traded the wrong young player is the big problem.

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,195
    On the PSD home page, they have an article stating that Wiggy is unhappy with his role on the team behind KAT and Buckets. Please feel free to find a viable trade partner, Mr. Wiggins.

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    AgrĂ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    On the PSD home page, they have an article stating that Wiggy is unhappy with his role on the team behind KAT and Buckets. Please feel free to find a viable trade partner, Mr. Wiggins.
    Yall want Batum? lol

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    On the PSD home page, they have an article stating that Wiggy is unhappy with his role on the team behind KAT and Buckets. Please feel free to find a viable trade partner, Mr. Wiggins.
    I definitely don't get it, especially with Butler being out, here's his chance to be a star, and he's just proving to the world he isn't one. Scoring 25 a night isn't that nice when you don't do anything else and play lack luster defense. I can honestly understand if he had issues playing behind buckets whose ball dominant and both players don't compliment each other, but KAT is one of the easiest star bigs to play with. His game isn't dictated by having the ball, he spreads the floor and allows guards more room to operate. Wiggins reminds me of Carmelo Anthony. Needs the ball/volume to be productive and content and isn't efficient/doesn't know what to do when sharing usage with someone else.

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    I definitely don't get it, especially with Butler being out, here's his chance to be a star, and he's just proving to the world he isn't one. Scoring 25 a night isn't that nice when you don't do anything else and play lack luster defense. I can honestly understand if he had issues playing behind buckets whose ball dominant and both players don't compliment each other, but KAT is one of the easiest star bigs to play with. His game isn't dictated by having the ball, he spreads the floor and allows guards more room to operate. Wiggins reminds me of Carmelo Anthony. Needs the ball/volume to be productive and content and isn't efficient/doesn't know what to do when sharing usage with someone else.
    IMO, your Melo comparison to Wiggins (and the reasons you give for the comparison) are spot on.

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •