Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,556 of 1556
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Nbadraft.net: #8 Vassell - #30 Bey - #31 Reed

Nbadraftroom: #9 Vassell - #20 Bey - #25 Reed

Tankathon: #11 Vassell - #13 Bey - #34 Reed

Nbcsports: #10 Vassell - #14 Bey - only covers first round Reed is not there.

Espn: #16 Vassell - #18 Bey - #52 Reed (they rank best available not draft mock exactly)

So the draft mocks are all over the place. Mind you I have been going crazy with the things I have read and watched (and I am not talking about "Tim the neighborhood gm" type" channels).
    To give an example. Ball to Washington, Wiseman to NY. Even when they say Tobbin to us. Who will play D? no one? Because they want to see our offense? And then accuse us when we fail and call us losers? Nice logic...

Back to us. Whenever Vassell or Bey goes up, R. Williams falls to our range. Whenever Reed gets up Precious falls. So yeah there are options. And something very important that people seem to neglect when they talk about us. We are not looking for a star. We have our stars. We even have our third option. What we are looking for is for pieces that would compliment and hide our stars' weaknesses.
    Ya that's about what I have seen for vassal/bey which makes me think vassell is borderline top 10 (only one had him outside 11) and bey more likely to be there. Reed I may just have been off on. I do think they are all over the place and it may still be moving. This draft doesn't really have that lots of stars feel but it does seem like a lot of skilled role player types more than star appeal. I agree toppin may be good on offense but we need defense more. Russell/towns and probably Beasley is a strong offense but lacking d.

I agree that we kinda have our stars and need good role players now. There is a good mix of skill sets giving us options if we aren't set on a star (although if we do see one, grab him). Nets beat wizards yesterday and had already lost one to magic who beat kings. It's looking good for us getting the 15/16 pick. Nets making playoffs and dropping below magic is ideal. I think okongwu and the best 3/d sf would be a great draft looking at it now and some of the options. Like you say we have the stars lets get a young Covington and a draymond (not actual comparisons to any specs just saying like those types now bringing other aspects to the game than star/creating/scoring in bunches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure we have our "stars", but we are paying 2 guys as such, so yep, now need to hit it out of the park on role players to be a serious team.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am not sure we have our "stars", but we are paying 2 guys as such, so yep, now need to hit it out of the park on role players to be a serious team.
    You are probably right in stating it like that. Even so since we are committed to paying them like stars, the smart thing would be to create a team to cover their weaknesses.
    Easier said than done of course.

You are probably right in stating it like that. Even so since we are committed to paying them like stars, the smart thing would be to create a team to cover their weaknesses.
    Easier said than done of course.
    for sure. Look, we obviously need toughness, both physically, and mentally. That is part of the reason I hope to keep a guy like James Johnson around. Maybe not at his salary, but guys like him. We also need a bulldog perimeter defender, like Marcus Smart/Pat Beverley. And finally, we need a big in the mold of a younger Taj Gibson.

Mental consistency is something we need out of D-Lo/KAT. They can't just put up numbers and go through the motions. They have to take losses personally, and put those losses on their shoulders. Guys like Sam Mitchell kept our young team focused, and we simply don't have a guy like that anymore.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

for sure. Look, we obviously need toughness, both physically, and mentally. That is part of the reason I hope to keep a guy like James Johnson around. Maybe not at his salary, but guys like him. We also need a bulldog perimeter defender, like Marcus Smart/Pat Beverley. And finally, we need a big in the mold of a younger Taj Gibson.

Mental consistency is something we need out of D-Lo/KAT. They can't just put up numbers and go through the motions. They have to take losses personally, and put those losses on their shoulders. Guys like Sam Mitchell kept our young team focused, and we simply don't have a guy like that anymore.
    To be honest, I have said it before, the best available PF next to KAT is probably Johnson. And by available I mean from realistic FA targets and the NBA. He is a good defender, decent shooter, able to do some playmaking.
    His contract is bad but could afford for a year.

I am targeting players in the same mold as you. Okoro, Vassell and Bey for the wing and Okongwu for the PF. Adding two of them to Okogie, to some extent Beasley, Culver and Layman are no slouches either, and you have a group of highly active players full of energy.

But again this is what we think. Our FO probably will go after a different route.

Now mental consistency and toughness... Look Towns and D'LO's mentality will be hard to change. Yes we saw some bursts with KG, Taj and Covington from Towns but that was for a short period of time. Yes some veterans might help and I guess age.

Two trade targets that I find interesting. An old one with new variables and one suggestion from canis hoopus.

We've talked about Isaac before but his new injury might lower his price. It would be a risk but for the right price well worth it.

The other one is a sign and trade for VanVleet, with Beasley going the other way.
    VanVleet is a two way player with experience playing next to Lowry.

It depends on what Toronto wants to do. And Ujiri is a tough negotiator

To be honest, I have said it before, the best available PF next to KAT is probably Johnson. And by available I mean from realistic FA targets and the NBA. He is a good defender, decent shooter, able to do some playmaking.
    His contract is bad but could afford for a year.

I am targeting players in the same mold as you. Okoro, Vassell and Bey for the wing and Okongwu for the PF. Adding two of them to Okogie, to some extent Beasley, Culver and Layman are no slouches either, and you have a group of highly active players full of energy.

But again this is what we think. Our FO probably will go after a different route.

Now mental consistency and toughness... Look Towns and D'LO's mentality will be hard to change. Yes we saw some bursts with KG, Taj and Covington from Towns but that was for a short period of time. Yes some veterans might help and I guess age.
    this part is exactly what is wrong with the NBA. It's not Towns fault he was drafted by us, and we have no idea how to build a winner. But when you max out 2 players from losing teams, you basically signal to them that just getting by is enough. Losing takes a toll, and mentally, you eventually get to a place where it's acceptable. And that sucks to have on your team. Towns and D-Lo will hopefully be able to change the acceptance of losing inside themselves, but it will be hard at this point.

I agree with you basically. I also hope we can get a Sam Mitchell or a couple of vets with something left in the tank (they need to be able to play minutes), to put alongside our young "stars", and also hold them accountable.

I guess what I mean is, Kobe would have demanded out after his rookie deal. Towns signed the dotted line cause it was a gazillion dollars. I don't blame Towns for doing so. But we really need at least 1 stud player who REFUSES to lose, and it trickles into the minds of everyone else.

Well that backfired with Butler. See as long as they score buckets media, fans AND organisations make them feel like GOATs.
    I was watching a video on Carter. More or less the same thing.

Like I said before. If you sit and watch videos and read draft mocks, you'll see people saying we should draft Ball for example because they think offensively he will fit. And I am not talking about "John the neighborhood GM" who started a YT channel. And when teams fail because they are not balanced, they will say well why did the wolves draft Ball.

I have no idea who we should draft. To be honest, I would rather use the picks to land a legit starting wing who can shoot/score. We don't really need any more young players. That being said, if Rosas loves one of the top picks, then take him, and dangle 17.

I have no idea who we should draft. To be honest, I would rather use the picks to land a legit starting wing who can shoot/score. We don't really need any more young players. That being said, if Rosas loves one of the top picks, then take him, and dangle 17.
    My thinking here would be draft James Wiseman. Offensively you get a rim runner with an 18 foot jumper that may extend out. He looks like he will be able to stretch the defenses. Defensively though, he is a rarity. He has that long wingspan freak athleticism. He takes care of the interior. I think it would be a really good fit to put him at the 5 and let towns overpower PF's.

DLO
    Beasley
    Culver
    Towns
    Wiseman.

Anthony Edwards looks intriguing, what I don't get though and correct me here...His team wasn't going to go to March Madness regardless as they didn't win enough. He looks capable of doing a lot of offense, but I don't know if we need more? Culver has defense and had a nice shot going. I don't want to put him on the bench which is why I am leaning towards Wiseman.

Ball, no idea. He just needs a lot of shooters around him and he will be on top 10 every night. I think he is actually a safe pick considering I think he will be better than his older brother. That's not a bad floor. I also think he wants to be the superstar. I am intrigued to see how he develops but not the right fit for this team.

For the 17th pick I want either Tyrese Maxey out of Kentucky or Saddiq Bey.